Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 02:37 PM

52,286 posts, read 52,713,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Part of it is due to when, starting in the 1980s (I think), Korean immigrants started opening businesses in black ghettos. The black people say that the Asians would be rude to them and follow them around the store to make sure they're not shoplifting. The Asians would say that the blacks would be rude to them and steal from them and assault them. Most likely, both of these are true. But which came first? Were the Asian shopkeepers rude because the black customers were rude to them first? Or the other way around? All I can say is, I've shopped in a few stores in South Korea, and got good service each and every time. So I don't think that it's the Asians who started out rude, without provocation.
Are you black or white?

I've heard stories of Asians treating black people in stores badly. I've never been to that part of the world, but I've heard several ex-military guys talking about being stationed in Japan and South Korea and heard some stories about them being pretty racist to blacks.

Again, disclaimer alert, I've never been there, I've never seen any Asians being directly racist toward Blacks, just spouting of the hearsay as as I've heard it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2022, 02:40 PM

6,671 posts, read 2,977,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Somehow this "asian attack" on FOUR people wasn't threadworthy. Gee, I wonder why.
https://news.yahoo.com/florida-woman...173417453.html

Make a thread about it then...This woman is insane.

Florida Woman,..lol,..Not to be outdone by FloridaMan.

Glad she got arrested. The definition of a Karen.
Her case is an obvious one just due to the fact that she was recorded hurling anti-asian slurs out loud.

Actually there is a thread for this topic,..they should sticky and consolidate this all.,.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ing-up-47.html

Old 06-22-2022, 02:40 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Imagine if the Asians ever get fed up and organize a counter strike? These idiots wouldn’t know what hit them.
Or just go back to studying and building a good life comforted by the fact that in 10 years if they don't reform they'll likely be shot dead or in prison.

Just eyeball the picture.

https://archive.jsonline.com/news/cr...66891381.html/

Old 06-22-2022, 02:48 PM

6,671 posts, read 2,977,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Or just go back to studying and building a good life comforted by the fact that in 10 years if they don't reform they'll likely be shot dead or in prison.

Just eyeball the picture.

https://archive.jsonline.com/news/cr...66891381.html/
That's the long game where they'd ultimately win out. They just need to survive the journey.
And it's pretty much what I believe is happening.

Which is why I both get it and cringe when I see the protests and stop anti-asian demonstrations because I don't want them to fall into the 'woke' category plagued by the stigma of fake outragers. Because then Both sides will get on their case

I'm like,..chill man,...it's bad,..yeah,...we all know it, don't get sidetracked and fall into this mess and lose sight of that goal.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:10 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Are you black or white?

I've heard stories of Asians treating black people in stores badly. I've never been to that part of the world, but I've heard several ex-military guys talking about being stationed in Japan and South Korea and heard some stories about them being pretty racist to blacks.

Again, disclaimer alert, I've never been there, I've never seen any Asians being directly racist toward Blacks, just spouting of the hearsay as as I've heard it.
I'm white. Did that have anything to do with the good service I received in South Korean stores? Maybe. I certainly can't deny that it's possible. I honestly have no way of knowing, because I did not notice any black people in the stores with me, so I can't do a direct comparison. The only thing I can conclude from this is that the default mode seems to be to provide good service. So if the Korean immigrant shopkeepers are not providing good service in American black ghetto stores, the explanation is likely something other than that this is their default mode of behavior.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:20 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,381,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Somehow this "asian attack" on FOUR people wasn't threadworthy. Gee, I wonder why.
https://news.yahoo.com/florida-woman...173417453.html
You can start a thread on it - no one is stopping you.

Old 06-22-2022, 05:54 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm familiar with the general dynamics of southern WI, northern IL.

One thing that is really noteworthy is the migration of "gang culture" from Milwaukee and Chicago into other parts of the state that would previously have been a lot more safe.

This has been about a 30 year process.
My father was born and raised in Milwaukee. I've grown familiar with the region through him. He left the region in the early 1980s after being offered work in another city. He's among the educated Blacks that left, never to live in Wisconsin again.

Meanwhile, Chicago gang culture went to Milwaukee and Racine in the 1980s. And then it spread to the Twin Cities, and parts of Indiana and Iowa.

Wisconsin has been losing the talented and educated among its Black population, while gaining an increasingly underclass. It's easy to see why gangs went to Wisconsin. It's easy to see where the underclass came from. One thing that I will say about the Chicago area. There is a decent size Black middle class. When you get away from the ghettos, one can find many Black middle class/upper middle class persons. Country Club Hills, Olympia Fields, South Holland. Olympia Fields is one of the few places in America where Blacks are at least 80% of the population and Black home ownership is at a 90% rate or higher. Link here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nar...nal-trend/amp/

Even the Detroit area, with its history, has a decent size Black middle class in the suburbs. Milwaukee's Black middle class is small compared to other cities. It's not attracting Black middle class individuals and there is a Black Brain Drain out of Wisconsin. Few people ever think about why Wisconsin can hold on to a Black underclass, but many Black middle class/educated Wisconsinites have left for cities like Chicago, Atlanta, Houston, etc.

Old 06-22-2022, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Imagine if the Asians ever get fed up and organize a counter strike? These idiots wouldn’t know what hit them.
Except it won't just be the thugs who get attacked. A counterstrike, in a situation of war, hits innocent and guilty alike.

Old 06-22-2022, 07:22 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
Have you not seen the picture of those arrested - here is the pic

Before the law they are innocent until proven guilty; and quite like to never be tried. For all you know they could have picked any four youths rather than the police officers, grad school students or doctors that probably did it.

Old 06-23-2022, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Black on Asian crime is another reason Asians are turning to the Republican Party.
After that, how do you get Black people to vote Republican? I have to ask because at this point, race and politics are always linked together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies