Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2022, 09:28 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Realistically when you have to defend forcing a 12 year old rape victim to give birth there aren’t a lot of good options.

“It doesn’t happen that often”
“ it mostly happens in the urban areas”
“ abortion is legal in other states”

Now Some republicans lawmakers want to prosecute women who leave their state.
I don’t think they understand who angry women are but I think they will find out at midterms. This idea that women will vote for politicians trying to oppress them and remove their rights is absurd.
Somewhere between 97% and 99% of all abortions are women who were fully consenting while participating in the act of human reproduction, and were upset that they were successful in that reproduction. The vast vast vast vast vast majority of all abortions are just birth control after the fact.

The rationale goes something like this: "I have a boy dog and a girl dog. I'd rather not have a bunch of puppies so whenever they make any, I'll just shoot all the puppies." The astounding thing is that most people would be scandalized if we did that to infant dogs, but couldn't care less when we do it to infants of our own species.

The only reason that so many people take issue is simple: You are killing babies. You are murdering babies for the unforgivable crime of being inconvenient.

It certainly wouldn't hurt for society to treat sex with less casualness and human life with less contempt.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:32 PM

15,439 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I have never been able to grasp the Left's claim that abortion comes from privacy.

If someone can articulate that in plain English, I would appreciate it. I can't see it.

I can see how you have a right to privacy in your home and police can't just break your door in and go fishing for crimes.

I can see how you have a right to privacy with confidential communications and the government can't just eavesdrop on you out of the blue.

I have never understood how abortion comes from "privacy". I have never understood it. In both examples above, you are protected from government taking action against you. With abortion, you looking to take action and make government force it to be provided for you.

I am seriously not getting the connection. How does abortion come from privacy? I don't see it. Your medical records, yes sure. Having an abortion -- nope, don't see it.

I see "right to privacy" a lot but it is never explained how having an abortion follows from your privacy.

Please explain. In plain English. 50 words or less.

Thanks in advance.
The medical decisions a patient and a doctor make should be private, without the government interfering. If the government gets to say "no, you can't do that", then you have zero control over your body.

That was one of the keys in Griswold vs Connecticut and Lawrence vs Texas, what adults do in the bedroom is none of the government's business.

Scalia, Tomas, and the others of that ilk have started arguing that if something hasn't been done historically, it's not a right. That's ridiculously weak thinking, and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:33 PM

8,151 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Somewhere between 97% and 99% of all abortions are women who were fully consenting while participating in the act of human reproduction, and were upset that they were successful in that reproduction. The vast vast vast vast vast majority of all abortions are just birth control after the fact.

The rationale goes something like this: "I have a boy dog and a girl dog. I'd rather not have a bunch of puppies so whenever they make any, I'll just shoot all the puppies." The astounding thing is that most people would be scandalized if we did that to infant dogs, but couldn't care less when we do it to infants of our own species.

The only reason that so many people take issue is simple: You are killing babies. You are murdering babies for the unforgivable crime of being inconvenient.

It certainly wouldn't hurt for society to treat sex with less casualness and human life with less contempt.
It appears you need to google the definition of an infant or a baby.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:34 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
I have never been able to grasp the Left's claim that abortion comes from privacy.

If someone can articulate that in plain English, I would appreciate it. I can't see it.

I can see how you have a right to privacy in your home and police can't just break your door in and go fishing for crimes.

I can see how you have a right to privacy with confidential communications and the government can't just eavesdrop on you out of the blue.

I have never understood how abortion comes from "privacy". I have never understood it. In both examples above, you are protected from government taking action against you after unlawfully invading your privacy.

I am seriously not getting the connection. How does abortion come from privacy? I don't see it. Your medical records, yes sure. Having an abortion -- nope, don't see it.

I see "right to privacy" written a lot, but it is never explained how having an abortion follows from your privacy.

Thanks in advance.
A person’s medical information and any appointment or medical procedures should be private business, without government intrusion. Doesn’t matter if it’s abortion, colonoscopy or other medical procedure.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:34 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:

I can see how you have a right to privacy in your home and police can't just break your door in and go fishing for crimes

I have never understood how abortion comes from "privacy". I have never understood it. In both examples above, you are protected from government taking action against you. With abortion, you looking to take action and make government force it to be provided for you.

Thanks in advance.
Let's try it by an example. If the government is not allowed to come into your home to search for something suspicious, then what would give government the right to look inside my uterus to see if there was an embryo there yesterday but no longer there today. It would be the same kind of fishing expedition, except instead of my house it would be my body being searched.

Does that help?

On your other point: "With abortion, you looking to take action and make government force it to be provided for you."

Nobody is asking the government to provide abortions. Just don't make it illegal. Women pay their own expenses or health insurance covers it. Nobody is asking for free abortions.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:46 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,132 times
Quote:

I have never understood how abortion comes from "privacy". I have never understood it. In both examples above, you are protected from government taking action against you after unlawfully invading your privacy.

I see "right to privacy" written a lot, but it is never explained how having an abortion follows from your privacy.

Thanks in advance.
“I can see how you have a right to privacy in your home and police can't just break your door in and go fishing for crimes.

I can see how you have a right to privacy with confidential communications and the government can't just eavesdrop on you out of the blue.”

Is it the government’s business if a white woman has sex in her home with a black man?
Can two adult male have sex in their own home?
Are consultations and treatment plans between a patent and her physician that align with standards of care any of their government business?

Old 06-29-2022, 09:49 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IbKuntie11 View Post
The military has had mandated vaccinations since Washington.
not untested vaccines

Old 06-29-2022, 10:01 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

Notice how you did not address the 12 year old child who has been brutally Raped and forced to give birth. Why is that?

People have sex for reasons other than reproduction and that is frankly none of your business.

A gamete or a zygote is not a baby or a human being.

Old 06-29-2022, 10:20 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,571,777 times
I have almost exclusively voted Republican for 40+ years and my argument has been that other concerns (the economy, illegal immigration, etc.) are more important.

This has changed my mind. I will absolutely be supporting the pro choice candidates from now on. I am appalled that the government thinks they know better than a woman and her doctor.

Old 06-29-2022, 10:58 PM

15,439 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
not untested vaccines
Even untested/unapproved. Early Gulf Ware, the military was given botulism vaccines that were not approved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies