Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2022, 07:55 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times

Advertisements

How much federal money are we going to save?

Old 06-24-2022, 07:56 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,785,557 times
Suburban women animus of trump led to the GOP losing the house the senate and the presidency.
This is likely to cost republicans in the mid term elections

Old 06-24-2022, 07:57 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I agree that rape or incest should be valid reasons to obtain an abortion. I think that states that ban abortion should make explicit exceptions for these cases. That still leaves well over 90 percent of abortions, i.e. the ones that are done for convenience, to be banned.
That means a third party decides if the claim of rape or incest is true or not.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:57 PM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
Great, now were going to have even more unwanted babies in this country from poorly qualified parents.
Not if the mother knows how to take a pill or cross state lines.

The left, unsurprisingly, thinks abortion has been banned and that their voters are too stupid to find an easy workaround.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:58 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
Great, now were going to have even more unwanted babies in this country from poorly qualified parents.
Pretty much. Again, as I said earlier, I recognize and always have that Roe was a weak decision. But as a policy matter I think the tube we are going down with the number of states that are banning or restricting abortion so tightly as to be an effective ban will not lead us to a good place. Women should have a choice in the first trimester, period. And society is better off for it.

Old 06-24-2022, 08:01 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
My mother had 3 miscarriages in the 3rd trimester, where she went into labor and gave birth before viability. This is decades ago, and before I was ever a thought. Back then they didn't have sonograms and did not have the neonatal technology to save a preemie as they do today.

She had to have D&C at least once, possibly more. Finally the issue was discovered from a D&C -- a bicornuate uterus. She eventually had surgery to repair the issue, and was able to carry a baby to term (me).

In some misbegotten backarse states with legislatures who don't even understand how a woman's body works, and their interest in draconian laws, someone having a 2nd or 3rd trimester miscarriage could possibly be accused and charged with a crime.
This has already been proven to be a bogus claim.

BTW I had a bicornuate uterus and carried two children to term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Suburban women animus of trump led to the GOP losing the house the senate and the presidency.
This is likely to cost republicans in the mid term elections
By November, when gas is $7 a gallon across the country and food is up a*another* 40%, suburban women are going to have worse problems than abortion being turned over to the states.

Interestingly, it is the LGBTQ folks who are the biggest proponents of abortion on demand. Not suburban moms.

Old 06-24-2022, 08:02 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
My mother had 3 miscarriages in the 3rd trimester, where she went into labor and gave birth before viability. This is decades ago, and before I was ever a thought. Back then they didn't have sonograms and did not have the neonatal technology to save a preemie as they do today.

She had to have D&C at least once, possibly more. Finally the issue was discovered from a D&C -- a bicornuate uterus. She eventually had surgery to repair the issue, and was able to carry a baby to term (me).

In some misbegotten backarse states with legislatures who don't even understand how a woman's body works, and their interest in draconian laws, someone having a 2nd or 3rd trimester miscarriage could possibly be accused and charged with a crime.

Sadly, you're probably right, and I'm so sorry that your mother went through such traumatic miscarriages.

Old 06-24-2022, 08:04 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
How do you figure? The great majority of abortions are performed for reasons of convenience, as a form of post-fact birth control. In other words, it is a fallback position for people who engage in irresponsible sex. Maybe, just maybe, making such abortions illegal will cause some people to stop and think, given that their bail-out plan would no longer be available to them.
Well you can just keep wishing and hoping that irresponsible people become responsible. Sadly, I don't have much hope of that happening.

You can be sure there will be more unwanted children born in states that ban or severely restrict abortion. Somebody has to care for them.

Old 06-24-2022, 08:05 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Ever heard of rape or incest? The State forcing a women to carry a pregnancy full term no matter what is tyranny. Plain and simple.
The is forcing rape and incest? As far as I know rape and incest is illegal in Kentucky. The state is forcing women to not kill the baby growing inside them. The state is not forcing women to become pregnant. The state is not forcing pregnancy. The only way to force pregnancy on someone (force someone to become pregnant) is to rape them. The state says that is illegal. Glad we could get this worked out!

Old 06-24-2022, 08:06 PM

2,666 posts, read 1,185,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Ever heard of rape or incest? The State forcing a women to carry a pregnancy full term no matter what is tyranny. Plain and simple.
But don't they have up to 15 weeks to abort or take the morning after pill?

The first month of missing her period and taking the home pregnancy test makes it easy to know well in advance if she is pregnant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies