Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2022, 11:36 AM

89,031 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
I wonder why they didn't consider this before now. I guess these men just assumed that the women they were impregnating would just deal with the problem on their own, but now that an embryo has more rights than any person in the country, they're thinking twice.
Yep. Men were controlling women for the past 50 years thanks to Roe. "YOU get an abortion. I don't want a kid." And women (in general) let that happen to themselves, no questions asked. Now, the balance of power has shifted more in the direction of women and they have more leverage to insist that a man participates in birth control responsibilities if he doesn't want to be on the hook for 18+ years of child support payments.

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
The reality is, they could wear condoms. If these men are so against non-bareback riding that they're willing to get operated on, that's their choice.

I don't want to sound harsh, but every guy hurrying to book a vasectomy knows what a condom is. So he knows he has the choice of something non-invasive.
Condoms kill a lot of the feeling.

A vasectomy eliminates that issue.

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yep. Men were controlling women for the past 50 years thanks to Roe. "YOU get an abortion. I don't want a kid." And women (in general) let that happen to themselves, no questions asked. Now, the balance of power has shifted more in the direction of women and they have more leverage to insist that a man participates in birth control responsibilities if he doesn't want to be on the hook for 18+ years of child support payments.
The narrative was more -- not my problem -- all yours.

Old 06-30-2022, 11:37 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Excellent! People being forced to take personal responsibility. About damn time.
Forced?

Old 06-30-2022, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No one is being forced to get sterilized.
This article is from one urologist who claims he is seeing more interest.
At least its a start to get men thinking more about how they can take responsibility for their own reproduction. Maybe now men will push for the FDA and the powers that be to release the male pill and other forms of male BC that have been studied and tested for the last couple decades.
I never stated anyone is forced to get a vasectomy. Where do you people come up with this stuff?

I stated people are forced to take personal responsibility. They have to stop and think about what happens if they have sex. They then calculate the risk they are willing to take. Us smart ones get vasectomies. Others make other choices, but it's all now personal responsibility and that's a great thing.....unless you are a liberal.

Old 06-30-2022, 11:39 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Condoms kill a lot of the feeling.

A vasectomy eliminates that issue.
Men have issues with condoms:.
  • allergic to latex
  • allergic to sheepskin
  • condom is too small
  • can't feel anything

Old 06-30-2022, 11:40 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
1. Vasectomies are not sterilization.

2. many young men want to get it, because they dont want kids, not now, not ever

3. many women get their tubes tied (most get cut, tied, burned) for the same reason, they don't want kids, they want a career... many years ago, I was dating this fiery redhead, we were both in the military, both were making it a career, we both really liked each other, but she didn't want kids, ever, called them hellions, we had lots of fun, but we both went our separate ways, as I left Bragg for another post, and so did she.

4. Doctors have no-problem doing it, they just make sure you understand it is not easily reversed
Not sure where you're going with that.

"Vasectomies are permanent male sterilization" says the professor of urology at Penn Medicine.

https://www.pennmedicine.org/updates...rtility%20Care.

Old 06-30-2022, 11:40 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So we need more regulations from govt. so people will take on more responsibility.

I'll be honest -- didn't see that one coming from conservatives.

Old 06-30-2022, 11:42 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
For once we agree. This is a dangerous and could cause a lot of problems down the road for young men. Whatever happened to buying a pack of condoms?
There is nothing in the article showing these to be young men.

Old 06-30-2022, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Men have issues with condoms:.
  • allergic to latex
  • allergic to sheepskin
  • condom is too small
  • can't feel anything
I always had issues the the condom being too small. WAY too small.

Seriously. No, honestly. For real. I wouldn't lie about something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies