Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 07:10 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,635,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Good. Taking responsibility. It's a positive thing.
I wholeheartedly agree. Personal responsibility, on the parts of both men and women, will go a long way toward making the whole abortion issue, if not moot, then a much smaller issue than it is now.

Old 06-29-2022, 07:11 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugratnyc View Post
men have an easier time getting vasectomies than women do when it comes to hysterectomies
Well, for a fairer comparison, women get a tubal ligation (usually), not a hysterectomy. I had this done. It was done via laparoscopy, and it's not significantly more dangerous than a vasectomy and the healing time is lightning quick. (Or it was for me.)

But I think I remember my surgeon warning me that these tend to be less reversible than vasectomies because of the issue of scarring closing the fallopian tubes. (I was good with that because we were done having children.)

Old 06-29-2022, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Condoms are one of the less effective forms of birth control. They're best used in conjunction with other methods. But yeah, if I knew for sure I didn't want kids I'd get it snipped. If you change your mind later it's not really that big a deal. It's relatively easy to retrieve sperm with directly with a needle and shove it up there. Or store some at the spank bank if you don't want to jet jabbed.
Spank bank OMG

Old 06-29-2022, 07:25 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,309,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
The reality is, they could wear condoms. If these men are so against non-bareback riding that they're willing to get operated on, that's their choice.

I don't want to sound harsh, but every guy hurrying to book a vasectomy knows what a condom is. So he knows he has the choice of something non-invasive.

Condom fails 15% of the time
https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-control

Old 06-29-2022, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Okay, vasectomies are the wise choice then. I say, go for it.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:12 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,712,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know many doctors who will do this, on a young man who hasn't had kids yet.
Serious question. Just how many doctors do you know that vasectomies have you asked what there stance on this is? I can say I don't know any doctors that would perform tubal ligations on a female in a similar stiatuion, but then again I don't know any doctors who perform those for any reason. So what I would be saying is technically true but does nothing to prove a point that doctors won't do these things.

Quote:
I'm not telling them what to do.

I'm saying this will likely be a problem.
Why? We have the entire LGBTQ community that regardless of what "biology" you believe, two Men or two Women are not going to naturally create a baby. That seems like it might be just as much of a "problem", yet we never hear about that.

Quote:
And, doctors WILL tell them they won't do this, in this situation.
Again can you come here and post that you are so certain of that fact?

Quote:
A young man who says I don't want kids, I've never wanted kids, and I carry the _____ gene which is very likely to be passed on to my kids, that's a different thing.

I have sex and don't want the woman to get pregnant because I'm not ready yet to be a dad, a completely other situation.
Why? I hear a lot about how the "Man" needs to be more responsible. And here men are taking responsibility and it is still an issue?

Old 06-29-2022, 08:15 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Interesting to see people applauding the mind set of -- uh oh --- I might get a girl pregnant and now she can't get an abortion so I better get a vasectomy.

I most definitely think all of those guys that think like that should have a vasectomy -- permanent if possible (they aren't).

Old 06-29-2022, 08:17 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Hmmm, I guess there are still some males who can make the connection between unprotected sex and pregnancy. And care. Quite surprising in our times.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:20 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Hmmm, I guess there are still some males who can make the connection between unprotected sex and pregnancy. And care. Quite surprising in our times.
But they DIDN'T care until their sexual partners couldn't get an abortion.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:22 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
I don't know many doctors who will do this, on a young man who hasn't had kids yet.

I'm not telling them what to do.

I'm saying this will likely be a problem.

And, doctors WILL tell them they won't do this, in this situation.

A young man who says I don't want kids, I've never wanted kids, and I carry the _____ gene which is very likely to be passed on to my kids, that's a different thing.

I have sex and don't want the woman to get pregnant because I'm not ready yet to be a dad, a completely other situation.
Freeze their sperm is a good backup plan. I have no idea if a vasectomy is reversible or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies