Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 08:23 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Freeze their sperm is a good backup plan. I have no idea if a vasectomy is reversible or not.
It is.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:24 PM

11,482 posts, read 6,008,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC
Is anyone else seeing a problem with this?
You will complain about anything. A serious problem is being reduced in real time and all you can do is complain as usual.

Are you ever happy?

Old 06-29-2022, 08:24 PM

25,749 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But they DIDN'T care until their sexual partners couldn't get an abortion.
Terrible thing to expect someone to have a responsible bone in their body, isn't it?

Male doesn't want and is not interested in having children ---> vasectomy.

Male feels he will not make a good father (which means he won't) ---> vasectomy.

Male is a bedhopper and doesn't want to get women pregnant ---> vasectomy.

Male doesn't have a responsible bone in his body ---> vasectomy.

I see absolutely no problem with any of that. No point of having a loaded gun if you never intend on using it or are in the habit of randomly pulling the trigger and don't want a slug to come out of the barrel.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:25 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But they DIDN'T care until their sexual partners couldn't get an abortion.
Exactly.

Some men are snarking at women, "play time's over!"

Meanwhile, other men are saying "Oh my god...play time's over."

I think "18 years," "attached wages," and similar phrases have a few individuals realizing that men are as painted into a corner as women. Congrats, SCOTUS. Trapped us all, didn't you? Clean work there. Now we are ALL controlled. Sorry guys. Time for that snippy snip.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:26 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
I had a vasectomy in 1976, it was not a big deal, no "worse" than a visit to the dentist, 3 sticks of a needle to inject novocaine, wait ten minutes, a quick slice of the scalpel, snip a few tiny veins, a couple stitches and out the door. No more than 45 minutes, max. No problems afterward. No side effects. Take a "sample" back in a month later to verify it worked and I've been good to go ever since. Saved a fortune on birth control products. Birth control pills of the mid 1970s were rudimentary by today's advanced formulations, they gave my wife heart palpitations, so I said phooey on that and I went and had the snip. Men who whine about "no one's cutting on me down there" have no clue about how easy this is to do, they need to man-up. And 100% of the cost was paid by Kaiser insurance.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:27 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
You will complain about anything. A serious problem is being reduced in real time and all you can do is complain as usual.

Are you ever happy?
She has a point. It took taking away women's rights over their own bodies to get these dudes to bother with birth control. Think about it.

With that said, I'm for it. These particular men (the ones "lining up for vasectomies") finally realized responsibility is a thing. So, good. It's a sign of maturation, even if forced maturation. And it means fewer unwanted children born to suffer.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:27 PM

1,213 posts, read 568,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Good. There should be lots of vasectomies. And the vasectomies should be easily verifiable.
Vasectomy passports

Old 06-29-2022, 08:32 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Why?

Because there would be fewer taxpayers around to fund the spending you think is appropriate ?
WHAT?

Is that why you support the ban on abortion, so more babies are born and become tax payers?

Old 06-29-2022, 08:37 PM

23,596 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Condoms are one of the less effective forms of birth control. They're best used in conjunction with other methods. But yeah, if I knew for sure I didn't want kids I'd get it snipped. If you change your mind later it's not really that big a deal. It's relatively easy to retrieve sperm with directly with a needle and shove it up there. Or store some at the spank bank if you don't want to jet jabbed.
I believe most of the younger crowd, and some from the mid-aged crowd, who get vasectomies do have their sperm banked to possibly be used later on down the road if/when they get married and want to start a family. Imo, that's a pretty smart idea.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:37 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
Vasectomy passports
LMAO!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies