Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 04:06 AM

11,775 posts, read 5,787,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
Another consequence of last week's Supreme Court decision...

Men rush to get vasectomies after Roe ruling - Washington Post
I call this bunk and nothing other than a power play to draw attention to his business. I'm seeing my urologist this week and I'll ask him if there has been a rise in vasectomy appointments.

Note in the article that this dr has done over 45000 vasectomies and only 1750 reversals. The reversal is not like turning a faucet on and off - you only have a 30-70% chance of getting your partner pregnant.

Old 06-30-2022, 04:12 AM

1,213 posts, read 567,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I wholeheartedly agree. Personal responsibility, on the parts of both men and women, will go a long way toward making the whole abortion issue, if not moot, then a much smaller issue than it is now.
This fact is being completely ignored.
It’s quite easy to not get pregnant. If you are responsible.
Blah blah blah birth control isn’t 100% effective, accidents blah blah blah.
Yeah seatbelts aren’t 100% effective either, nor airbags.
But together, definitely makes a difference.
But god forbid people are inconvenienced with more minutia when wanting to get it on.
It’s selfishness and irresponsibility.
Take the pill, or IUD or whatever, AND bag it.
Or don’t play if you don’t want to pay.

Old 06-30-2022, 05:33 AM

187 posts, read 68,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I call this bunk and nothing other than a power play to draw attention to his business. I'm seeing my urologist this week and I'll ask him if there has been a rise in vasectomy appointments.

Note in the article that this dr has done over 45000 vasectomies and only 1750 reversals. The reversal is not like turning a faucet on and off - you only have a 30-70% chance of getting your partner pregnant.

Please do, and if possible send me a pm to let me know as I am very curious.

For some reason, men haven't done this procedure before marriage, so they haven't done it during the years where they are going through as many partners as possible and not want to impregnate a female. In this society, where men are not concerned with starting a family and want to seek pleasure, you would think they would be getting the procedure more often.

I am skeptical on the original post's statement, but I could see an argument for it.

Old 06-30-2022, 05:43 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,799,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Imagine that. People actually can be responsible. Too bad it takes the higher court to force them to do what's right.
It's sad, isn't it? Hopefully, it will have the same effect on women. They, too, need to be a LOT more responsible with their reproductive health. Hell, taxpayers fund over 4,000 Title X Family Planning Clinics throughout the US (HHS maintains a directory) that provide FREE or very low-cost (sliding fee scale) contraception services/meds/devices. But, noooooo... 95% of unintended pregnancies are due to women voluntarily participating in unprotected sex, BY THEIR OWN ADMISSION. What the hell is that???

Old 06-30-2022, 05:49 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,799,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I imagine some of these men have heard the talk about "If life begins at the moment of conception, then perhaps child support should too".
I agree 100% with that. BOTH parents are responsible from prenatal through age 18 and sometimes even longer. Child support can be been ordered to pay all/part of college expenses for the child.

Quote:
By the by: a vasectomy is not sterilization. Most vasectomies can be reversed, although the success rate declines with the passage of years.
Yep. But until reversed, it's almost always a very effective form of birth control.

Old 06-30-2022, 05:51 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,495,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Great thinking. Hopefully women are as responsible. So easy to have less unwanted pregnancies.
Most will, but not all. Some want the meal ticket.

Old 06-30-2022, 05:52 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,083,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Men, keep what the good Lord gave you at birth.
Vasectomies is not the answer.

Just accept the responsibility of your actions and live life to the fullest.

ECC 12:13 The man's duty : fearing God and keeping his commandments.

In addition:
Respect of Life
Respect of Freedom
Respect of Character
Respect of Property
Respect of Truth
Respect of Progress
And that's why we have so many unwanted pregnancies.

Use whatever preventative methods are best for you because unlike the above many people do not view God as someone to be feared or even accept the existence.

Old 06-30-2022, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
She has a point. It took taking away women's rights over their own bodies to get these dudes to bother with birth control. Think about it.

With that said, I'm for it. These particular men (the ones "lining up for vasectomies") finally realized responsibility is a thing. So, good. It's a sign of maturation, even if forced maturation. And it means fewer unwanted children born to suffer.
Yep-and unlike an abortion, you aren't taking a human life.

Snip, snip, bang bang, oh what a relief it is.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:00 AM

7,911 posts, read 3,456,890 times
Leftist manboys taking themselves out of the gene pool. Win/win!

Old 06-30-2022, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know many doctors who will do this, on a young man who hasn't had kids yet.

I'm not telling them what to do.

I'm saying this will likely be a problem.

And, doctors WILL tell them they won't do this, in this situation.

A young man who says I don't want kids, I've never wanted kids, and I carry the _____ gene which is very likely to be passed on to my kids, that's a different thing.

I have sex and don't want the woman to get pregnant because I'm not ready yet to be a dad, a completely other situation.
His body, his choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies