Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2008, 04:53 PM

564 posts, read 2,340,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
I have read several posts whingeing about high gas prices. it's big oils fault for profiteering! it's the governements fault for overtaxing! it's the feds fault for devaluing the dollar! it's opecs fault for being greedy! it's environmentalists fault for protesting against wildlife preserve exploration! it's speculators fault for creating false demand! the Chinese and Indians are to blame for giving up their bicycles to buy cars! it's george bush's fault! blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda

whenever i'm in the states i seem to come across a large number of grossly oversized vehicles. a large number of these have US flags brandished across them in some shape or form. a large percentage of their owners sport flags outside their homes. to me this is all a big con. those people aren't patriots, they're traitors!

Guilty of bankrupting the US and financing Al Qaeda, they should be flying saudi flags instead!
Hear that sound? That's the sound of hundreds of SUV drivers on this board failing to give a shivtz at the same time. Including me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 06:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
We just finished helping our daughter move out of her apt. today, using our (my) mini-SUV as one vehicle. It was nice not to have to rent a truck. For one thing, it saved us the rental, for another, the parking lot at her old place is packed so tightly that it would have been hard to get a truck in there. They're not just for show, status, etc.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:26 PM

26 posts, read 52,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
We just finished helping our daughter move out of her apt. today, using our (my) mini-SUV as one vehicle. It was nice not to have to rent a truck. For one thing, it saved us the rental, for another, the parking lot at her old place is packed so tightly that it would have been hard to get a truck in there. They're not just for show, status, etc.

(show, status, etc.) You've got to be kidding. They, (SUV's) have to be the most god awful, ugliest vehicles on the planet. It's a utility vehicle, no different than a garbage truck...

Old 05-31-2008, 08:37 PM

439 posts, read 1,232,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnstarr View Post
(show, status, etc.) You've got to be kidding. They, (SUV's) have to be the most god awful, ugliest vehicles on the planet. It's a utility vehicle, no different than a garbage truck...
Are you kidding me? I think my Jeep is a damn fine looking vehicle. Go ahead and tell me a Yaris or a prius is a head turner, I will tell you your blind. You my friend take the term SUV and reduce it to it's implest form. Guess what most now are luxury vehicles. I have Navigation, rear seat DVD, show me a garbage truck with those features please.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:56 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,965,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonredsock5 View Post
Maybe to penny pinchers like you, but to me it isnt a lot. I pay 60-70 to fill my Jeep from E to Full. Guess what I can afford that. I love my Jeep cause If i ever did get into an accident with people driving little clown cars like you, I would walk away you would be taken away in an ambulance.

Also, if anyone cared to look at the list of countries we import oil from Canada is #1
Maybe there wouldn't be so many casualties in accidents if people like you didn't need to drive battle tanks just to go to work or the store.

Even if you can afford the ridiculous price of filling up a battleship vehicle, wouldn't you rather spend that money on something better than gas and making terrorists rich (that includes Dick Cheney). I'd rather save that money for my kids' college funds..... But if you want to give it to the oil companies instead, knock yourself out......

Last edited by FightinPhils; 05-31-2008 at 10:19 PM..

Old 05-31-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Are you kidding me? I think my Jeep is a damn fine looking vehicle. Go ahead and tell me a Yaris or a prius is a head turner, I will tell you your blind. You my friend take the term SUV and reduce it to it's implest form. Guess what most now are luxury vehicles. I have Navigation, rear seat DVD, show me a garbage truck with those features please.

Its a pretty shallow person that judges themselves and others on what they drive or any material things they own.
I have better things to spend my money on than vehicles. Whatever vehicle gets me from point A to point B reliably, efficiently, and safely is all I care about. I couldn't give a rats hairy arse if I'm turning someone's head.

Navigation? That's for people with no sense of direction and who can't read a map the first time. Waste of money.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

How often do people move? Would the prospect of moving be worth spending thousands more on an SUV and the extra gas to drive it every day? You can rent large vans at U-Haul for $19.95 a day....better off to do that and drive a sensible vehicle every other day that you're not moving.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:04 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,249,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
Maybe there wouldn't be so many casualties in accidents if people like you didn't need to drive battle tanks just to go to work or the store.
Clearly, your hatred has clouded your objectivity -

Simply because YOU don't like a particular style of vehicle gives you NO RIGHT to CONDEMN others - as you are doing -

Shame on you -

Old 05-31-2008, 10:07 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,249,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
Its a pretty shallow person that judges themselves and others on what they drive or any material things they own.
I have better things to spend my money on than vehicles. Whatever vehicle gets me from point A to point B reliably, efficiently, and safely is all I care about. I couldn't give a rats hairy arse if I'm turning someone's head.
Do you read what you write??? I don't think so.

You just said it is a pretty shallow person that judges themselves ..... How about it is a VERY SHALLOW PERSON that judges OTHERS for what they drive -

You are not one to judge -

You sound angry and bitter - just like an old man

Old 05-31-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
SUVs dont raise prices, if that were the case why didnt gas prices shoot up in the late 90's when SUV buying took off. If you read the paper you will see prices are going up because of wall street, not joe blow and his SUV.

Another question, why dont they stop making as much of the higher octanes and put that towards 87 the most common one people use?
Well, we didn't have Cheney and his stooge Dubya in the white house in the late 90's. Gas prices took off after these idiots took over the White House. I don't think its a coincidence.

I don't like any of the choices for president this year, but Bush can't be gone soon enough in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies