Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2022, 06:55 PM

17,637 posts, read 6,914,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...and the left are the ones actually doing it

no one has forgotten all the left violence
And it’s the left asking for violence, not the right. Schumer asked for the assassination of Brett Kavanaugh and almost got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2022, 06:55 PM

1,213 posts, read 568,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
He would have been the only one there.
Lol!!!

Old 07-04-2022, 06:56 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
And it’s the left asking for violence, not the right. Schumer asked for the assassination of Brett Kavanaugh and almost got it.
No he didn't. You made that up.

Old 07-04-2022, 06:57 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But outside of that, it is kind of dismissive to ignore the shootings at churches, schools, parades and theaters by white males.
By that logic, rich people of color wouldn’t move right next to white people the first chance they get. Even BLM has all their property in white areas.

You can demonize whites all you want, but reality begs to differ.

People of color move closer to white people, not the other way around.

6,671 posts, read 2,975,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Most "mass shootings" are done by black gang members in the inner city. Simple truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yup lots of gang related crimes in inner cities...and that's a concern.

But outside of that, it is kind of dismissive to ignore the shootings at churches, schools, parades and theaters by white males.
I think it is fair to say the 'gang' stuff is gang on gang, shooting themselves. Though still qualify as 'mass'.

But these schools, parades, etc,..are targeting normal folk who are not involved. Innocents. Just like individual crimes and murders. So the type that affect 'innocents' are a bigger deal, news-wise.

1,203 posts, read 618,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Been there? I lived two suburbs away for 17 years.
I grew up in Glenview and I know HP has a large Jewish population and has had one for many years.

Old 07-04-2022, 06:58 PM

13,269 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Mass shootings have more of an effect because what it does is terrorize the public. Your typical gang shootings are segregated to lousy parts of urban cites most can accept that. If we continue to have these random mass shootings could see more gun control measures.

Old 07-04-2022, 06:59 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So please, hit it now while you can increase his viewcount!

Anything of note in the lyrics that makes it worth listening to as far as intent?
Not sure he is worried about view counts now. On Spotify, he had more monthly listeners than some of the bands I follow for whatever that is worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYbQ...GjfUdM&index=3

Here are the lyrics

https://genius.com/Awake-kia-lyrics

Old 07-04-2022, 07:02 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Agreed. The shooter was probably some anti-American that hates the country and the American Flag so went there to kill those that celebrated the country. Lefties hate the country and our flag and the 4th of July. They hate America.

I love my country. I always have. I love her so much I wanted to fight for her. When I was a senior in high school I tried to enlist. At the MEPS, after my physical I was told I have flat feet, and couldn't serve. I was devastated. My recruiter fought like hell to get a waiver. I couldn't get one.

I am also a liberal. Someone you would consider a "lefty".

I don't "love crime", I don't "hate America".

What makes you say the things you do?

Old 07-04-2022, 07:05 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Kinda tells you than gun control laws aren’t the answer, doesn’t it?
My point is this not a liberal issue or conservative issue, but an American issue instead. Gun control laws is not the cure all, but we do need laws in place. I also know that us fighting back and forth with each isn't solving any problems either. It's going to take both sides working together to try to figure this thing out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies