Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2022, 09:00 PM

50,309 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Easy access to AR15’s

Wake me up when any country in Europe has these types of mass shootings.

I think other countries have the internet and entitled by the way, try again.
Do you remember any mass shooting's in the 60s or 70s? Of course not. Your fear is your fear, no one else to deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2022, 09:07 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Do you remember any mass shooting's in the 60s or 70s? Of course not. Your fear is your fear, no one else to deal with.
I don’t recall thousands of AR15’s and 30 round revolvers in the 70’s, large explosion in military style weapons since then go look at the stats. Largest problem in the 70’s was the Saturday night specials now every psycho has easy access to these rifles.

Old 07-05-2022, 09:11 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's too bad there is not something at the tip of your fingers that allows you to search for this kind of information.

/snarcasm

List Of Mass Shootings in US By Year

Old 07-05-2022, 09:18 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Every country has a mental illness problem but a 21 year old can’t get an AR15 and shoot up a parade, how often does this have to happen before people wake up. Do you really think no other country has people with mental issues or a homeless problem. Take a wild guess what sets us apart.
the US is number 2 in mental illness...right behind communist china

Old 07-05-2022, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Easy access to AR15’s

Wake me up when any country in Europe has these types of mass shootings.

I think other countries have the internet and entitled by the way, try again.
ar15 have been "accessible" since the 1960's

Old 07-05-2022, 09:22 PM

Quote:
I don’t recall thousands of AR15’s and 30 round revolvers in the 70’s, large explosion in military style weapons since then go look at the stats. Largest problem in the 70’s was the Saturday night specials now every psycho has easy access to these rifles.
my dad bought his 1st ar15 (now mine) in 1972...from the sears catalog, and it was delivered right to the front door....and yes here on Long Island, New York

Old 07-05-2022, 09:32 PM

10,759 posts, read 5,676,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
my dad bought his 1st ar15 (now mine) in 1972...from the sears catalog, and it was delivered right to the front door....and yes here on Long Island, New York

I find this rather strange as the direct purchase of firearms by mail order was outlawed by the Gun Control Act of 1968.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:07 PM

50,309 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Yet there were
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It's too bad there is not something at the tip of your fingers that allows you to search for this kind of information.

/snarcasm

List Of Mass Shootings in US By Year
Even more reason to talk about mental illness, there are more people yet FAR more mass shootings and violence. I know you HATE people connecting mental illness with shootings but no sane person, outside of a war, wants to kill people.

Mass shootings weren't unheard of but sure as hell not common like the last what, 20 years. About the same time as new "modern" medication drugs.

Old 07-05-2022, 11:09 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
I find this rather strange as the direct purchase of firearms by mail order was outlawed by the Gun Control Act of 1968.
You went to the Sears store, in some places they were relatively small. From there or Montgomery Ward you ordered with the help of the local staff.

To the larger question of types of weaponry I remember surplus WWII carbines showing up in news photos of Black Panthers as their personal defense long guns. It would be another decade before I started seeing weapons styled like those that US soldiers in Vietnam used on magazine covers.

Old 07-05-2022, 11:18 PM

10,759 posts, read 5,676,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
You went to the Sears store, in some places they were relatively small. From there or Montgomery Ward you ordered with the help of the local staff.

To the larger question of types of weaponry I remember surplus WWII carbines showing up in news photos of Black Panthers as their personal defense long guns. It would be another decade before I started seeing weapons styled like those that US soldiers in Vietnam used on magazine covers.

The post that I responded to made the claim that one could order an AR-15 from the Sears catalog, and it was delivered right to the front door. This is very different from making a purchase at the store, and as I said previously, that practice (mail order purchase) was made illegal by the GCA of 1968.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies