Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2022, 11:50 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Don't read "boring" stuff.

Believe in "green energy" and "Russia's bad behavior" instead.
LOL. Nuclear power is pretty green too. I suspect Germany will simply re-activate some of their nuclear power plants.

This 100% is more about Russias bad behavior then any of the nonsense you are trying to claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2022, 11:54 PM

26,793 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. Nuclear power is pretty green too. I suspect Germany will simply re-activate some of their nuclear power plants.

This 100% is more about Russias bad behavior then any of the nonsense you are trying to claim.

Time will tell ( and rather soon,) what is "nonsense" and what's not.

Old 07-10-2022, 12:03 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Time will tell ( and rather soon,) what is "nonsense" and what's not.
Shrug. Russias going to push their invasion take huge losses far in excess of anything worthwhile, and they will try and call it a win. In the end, its still all nonsense. Youre killing thousands of people for nothing more then Putin.

They didn't attack your country, they didn't try and undermine your elections. They haven't used nerve gas on any of your citizens, etc etc. I dont know what you thinks gonna show me as time tells. Ive heard nothing but excuses and differing stories from Russia.

And to try and make up stories about Germany and green energy? Utter nonsense.

Old 07-10-2022, 12:12 AM

27,159 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Europe as a whole is committing suicide w/green energy initiatives, WEF Great Reset scheme, inflationary policies and russian embargo's. Its fascinating to watch in real time.
The Sri Lankans and Dutch farmers have had enough of it, maybe the Germans will follow.
.....and Biden is committing murder with his here.

Old 07-10-2022, 10:34 AM

45,435 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
From the Washington Examiner article:

Misleading.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/02/06...d-for-america/

Also, from the Washington Examiner article:

Untrue. Germany does not owe 4% of its GDP to NATO.

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/topics_67655.htm

Germany’s annual payments to NATO are a fraction of that EUR 2.5 billion. I am aware of no country who is in arrears of their share of that EUR 2.5 billion expenditure.
Funny thing about those NATO commitments, Germany had to promise several years ago that it would finally be current in 2024. Then in 2019 the date was changed to 2031.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKBN1XH1IK

So what about that "no country in arrears, thingie of yours?

Old 07-10-2022, 11:14 AM

7,682 posts, read 5,533,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Funny thing about those NATO commitments, Germany had to promise several years ago that it would finally be current in 2024. Then in 2019 the date was changed to 2031.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKBN1XH1IK

what about that "no country in arrears, thingie of yours?
The 2% of GDP is an arbitrary number and refers to a country’s total defense expenditures worldwide. The article I quoted claims 4% of Germany’s GDP is owed to NATO. That’s not true. Germany owes about 0.3% of its GDP to NATO (see my previous post), which, as far as I know, it regularly pays.

The GDP of the US in 2021 was approximately $23 trillion. 2% of that is $460 billion. Do you seriously believe that the U.S. makes a direct cash payment to NATO of $460 billion every year when the total expenses incurred by the NATO organization is only about EURO 2.5 billion?

Countries pay their own troups directly and they certainly don’t buy military planes, ships and other military equipment and supplies from NATO. That would be ludicrous.

Going back to the 2%, the U.S. could spend 100%-0.3% of its military budget in Asia or herding penguins in Antarctica and it would still be in compliance with NATO’s 2% GDP target.

Old 07-10-2022, 11:52 AM

45,435 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
The 2% of GDP is an arbitrary number and refers to a country’s total defense expenditures worldwide. The article I quoted claims 4% of Germany’s GDP is owed to NATO. That’s not true. Germany owes about 0.3% of its GDP to NATO (see my previous post), which, as far as I know, it regularly pays.

The GDP of the US in 2021 was approximately $23 trillion. 2% of that is $460 billion. Do you seriously believe that the U.S. makes a direct cash payment to NATO of $460 billion every year when the total expenses incurred by the NATO organization is only about EURO 2.5 billion?

Countries pay their own troups directly and they certainly don’t buy military planes, ships and other military equipment and supplies from NATO. That would be ludicrous.

Going back to the 2%, the U.S. could spend 100%-0.3% of its military budget in Asia or herding penguins in Antarctica and it would still be in compliance with NATO’s 2% GDP target.
Word salad and misdirection. The reality was, and still is, that Germany underfunded its treaty agreed to NATO commitments for years (the original complaints started as far back as the Reagen Administration. Even President Obama complained about it) so it could fund social goals while expecting the US, primarily, and the UK, among other countries, to cover their defense needs.

In order to stop you from calling me a liar:
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...r-share-231405

Old 07-10-2022, 11:54 AM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:

Wrong. Germany is reactivating their coal plants.
The US strong-armed Germany against Russia.
Germany was going to phase out their dependence.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...curbs-gas-flow
Germany’s two houses of parliament have passed emergency legislation to reactivate mothballed coal-fired power plants in order to support electricity generation amid fears of gas shortages as Russia curbs capacity.

Old 07-10-2022, 11:59 AM

1,212 posts, read 734,229 times
Green energy doesn't hurt Germany but it uses large amount of land area.

If they have a shortage of natural-gas, and if green energy is topped-out, then they must use oil. Well, gasoline can be reformed into hydrogen with the carbon-dioxide captured. However, the captured carbon-dioxide must be close to geological structures that it can be pumped into. Of course the oil companies have geological structures in the North Sea

Old 07-10-2022, 12:00 PM

18,469 posts, read 8,292,857 times
Quote:
LOL. Nuclear power is pretty green too. I suspect Germany will simply re-activate some of their nuclear power plants. .
no...Germany is reactivating the coal plants they closed....screw global warming

Germany will fire up coal plants again in an effort to save natural gas.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/19/w...%20this%20week.

German Utilities Prepare to Turn on Coal Plants Amid Gas Crisis

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...mid-gas-crisis

Germany Reopens Coal Plants Because Of Reduced Russian Energy

https://www.forbes.com/sites/julieco...h=791484157350
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies