Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 03:28 PM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times

Advertisements

It was not her green initiative but her trust in the Russians that got them to this place. Russians are barbaric, uncivilized savages compared to western europeans. You don't make deals with them. If anyone should have known this it should have been Merkel who grew up under Soviet domination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2022, 03:32 PM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It was not her green initiative but her trust in the Russians that got them to this place. Russians are barbaric, uncivilized savages compared to western europeans. You don't make deals with them. If anyone should have known this it should have been Merkel who grew up under Soviet domination.
russia russia russia putin putin putin

Old 07-10-2022, 03:39 PM

26,789 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It was not her green initiative but her trust in the Russians that got them to this place.

And Russians never let them down through all these years.

Until Obama came up with this whole "Ukraine as anti-Russia" project that is.

Quote:
Russians are barbaric, uncivilized savages compared to western europeans. You don't make deals with them. If anyone should have known this it should have been Merkel who grew up under Soviet domination.
Right.

And this obviously taught Merkel a thing or two about Russians, that doesn't correspond to anything you are saying about them.

And that's why Russian-German business ties were quite successful within all 16 years of her government.
And BEFORE that, under Schroeder too.

Germany was nowhere in the situation it is in now.

Old 07-10-2022, 03:48 PM

7,682 posts, read 5,533,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The calling me a liar was preemptive, I expected you or Erasure to claim that no President except Trump criticized Germany for their failure to follow its treaty obligations, one of which is to commit a minimum 2% of GDP to defense spending, a target Germany has yet to reach. Poland has met that commitment, though, as has Estonia. Let me repeat-ESTONIA. Yet the wealthiest country in Europe can't do so until 2031.
So, in your head you concocted an imaginary post by me, one I never made in the real world, and based on that imaginary post, you attacked me, saying I called you a liar (in the post which you admit was a figment of your imagination).

That’s goofy.

Old 07-10-2022, 03:54 PM

26,789 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleprompter View Post
With who?

Russia has nukes and missiles to deliver them.

Good question, BUT;
The situation in Lithuania (over Russian Kaliningrad enclave supply) is still simmering.

And from what I understand, some German military is stationed there too.

Old 07-10-2022, 04:00 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,795,576 times
Nuclear energy is about as clean as it gets so long as you have a place to store the waste. They shuttered all their nuclear plants. Makes no sense.

Old 07-10-2022, 04:05 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Nuclear energy is about as clean as it gets so long as you have a place to store the waste. They shuttered all their nuclear plants. Makes no sense.
As mentioned earlier they feel like their country is too small if there is an accident. I’m not sure when they started transitioning away from nuclear but I started hearing about their plans after Fukushima. I assumed that was the catalyst.

Old 07-10-2022, 04:07 PM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleprompter View Post
With who?

Russia has nukes and missiles to deliver them.
I doubt that.
The shelf life of a nuclear weapon is 25 years, and even then they must be maintained at extreme cost. The last time Russia fired off a nuke was 1989.
Given the level of Russian corruption and incompetence and the age of their arsenal, it is a safe bet that their nuclear arsenal was not maintained any more than their tank fleet was. Even if the money were allocated, it was funneled into someone's pocket.

A nuclear strike anywhere by Russia would assure their destruction. USA would not have to use nukes to do it, according to Gen Ben Hodges. Stealth delivery of precision munitions would do it.

It's interesting to me that by becoming weaker, Germany has endangered all of Europe. BY themselves, they could probably not withstand a military blow from Russia. If Germany had been more concerned with their own strength, they would have been safer.
The inherent weakness of progressive governments is a danger to their citizens.

Old 09-03-2022, 06:41 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
here we go

Russia cuts off gas exports to Europe via Nord Stream indefinitely
Attached Thumbnails
Did Merkel "Green Energy" Germany into Ruin?-1662189154376463m.jpg  

Old 09-03-2022, 07:43 AM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
They have really brought Russia to its knees
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies