Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 11:35 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Would you be okay with ingesting capsules containing bacteria extracted from someone else's poop, or does that fall under the umbrella of "eating poop"?
Kim Kardashsian has said that she would consider eating poop if it would make her look younger .

Old 08-03-2022, 07:07 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The best weight loss strategy is to try to develop the discipline to quit eating so damn much. Only one cookie a day. No seconds or thirds.
But there is no money to be made off that. Obviously none for BigPharma, and also none for your Doc as you don't need to see your Doc to start a new diet or exercise plan - only to write you an Rx.

So, BigPharma is getting more and mire creative with ways to make money off of you. The first generation of obesity drugs were all stimulants (Phentermine etc), then now it's any off label drug they can think of, even using lipstatins (eg Orlistat) tomorrow it's poop.

BigPharma will kill you to make a buck and your Doc will write that Rx because that's the only use he is to you.

Old 08-03-2022, 10:27 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Blakeley View Post
While I personally don't think that I or anyone else is the only sane person in the room , though I perfectly understand where you're coming from in regards to that reference , I nonetheless wholeheartedly agree that it's indeed very frustrating to see what sorts of " debates " one can manage to wade into these days .

There are unfortunately far too many people out there who vehemently reject truths that should be perfectly self evident and/or dispute the absurdity of engaging in activity such as ( in this case ) researching whether or not consuming feces can be beneficial for one's health , which indeed understandably makes one lose their faith in humanity so to speak .

As for the possibility of us actually living in a computer generated simulation , IMHO that's a bit of a comforting thought , which I think is too good to be true .
That’s an interesting position to view simulation theory as such a positive, that it would be to good to be true. Is that based on the thought like … “thank God that was just a dream”? LOL. It’s an interesting concept how ever one views it, and it does speak to the human urge to discover the meaning of life, and for some, if there is such a meaning or purpose at all.

It does send me back to the movie, the matrix, when Morpheus says to Neo, “what is real”?

I honestly haven’t reached any particular take on what the base nature of reality is, but I do know that what we are experiencing now is highly manipulated to an extent few actually realize. Most would consider it a “wild conspiracy theory” nevertheless, I have personally observed the mass manipulation in real time, much of which is centered right here on the internet.

Of course, it’s impossible to prove to someone else, but I have witnessed an entire history of a subject either created in totality or changed radically. Some of this phenomena people have given the label “the Mandela effect”. And the examples of this are too numerous to list, some of which are quite overt, while other examples are very subtle and easy to miss.

For example, I’ve been buying this particular brand of organic Apple cider for 30 years. Obviously, I’m familiar with the name and the label. Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar. But it is not Braggs anymore, and apparently never has been … it’s just Bragg. The claim is, I, and many others are just mis-remembering. Baloney. It was always BRAGGS, not Bragg. How did this change? Hundreds of examples of this exist.

Most of us older folks remember I Love Lucy show, and most of us remember Ricky Ricardo’s infamous line “Lucy, you got some splainin’ to do”. Trouble is, apparently now, Ricky never actually said that line in any of the episodes, ever! What the hell? Captain Kirk’s “Beam me up Scotty”? Never said it. These things are interesting but not what one might consider overly important, but there are other examples that have caused some people to literally question reality.

A Christian minister was presented with what many believe to be a change in the Bible. Most people are familiar with the passage that includes “and the lion shall lay down with the lamb”. Heck, there are even old paintings of this scene. Yet, now, it’s not the lion … it’s the Wolf. When presented to this Minister, he shrugged it off as nothing more than being an example of many printed versions of the Bible, so there may be some differences, but assured his Bible, that he knows cover to cover, has the lion laying down with the lamb. He was then asked to show his version … so he gets his Bible out, turns to that passage, and becomes visibly shaken. This guy was absolutely distraught…. there it was, the Wolf.

I recounted this story to a friend of mine, who rejected the notion, saying he’d bet money that his grandfather’s Bible dated from the late 1800’s would surely have “the lion”. Said I was just reading ridiculous conspiracy theories. So, to prove his point, he gets that Bible out, turns to that passage, and his jaw dropped to the ground … then he closed it, put it away, and didn’t want to discus the matter further.

So what do you think about that?

Old 08-03-2022, 10:35 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
But there is no money to be made off that. Obviously none for BigPharma, and also none for your Doc as you don't need to see your Doc to start a new diet or exercise plan - only to write you an Rx.

So, BigPharma is getting more and mire creative with ways to make money off of you. The first generation of obesity drugs were all stimulants (Phentermine etc), then now it's any off label drug they can think of, even using lipstatins (eg Orlistat) tomorrow it's poop.

BigPharma will kill you to make a buck and your Doc will write that Rx because that's the only use he is to you.
What a marketing opportunity for Pharma, huh? Not much R&D or production cost associated with manufacturing freeze dried poop pills, but they’d have to add some synthetic component to it, in order to patent it, because you can’t patent a natural substance. And that’s where the big bucks are at. And that’s the one thing you can count on with Big Pharma .. they are always finding new and improved products that work better than the previous product, just about the same time the patents are about to expire on the old one!

Old 08-03-2022, 09:17 PM

3,113 posts, read 938,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
What a marketing opportunity for Pharma, huh? Not much R&D or production cost associated with manufacturing freeze dried poop pills, but they’d have to add some synthetic component to it, in order to patent it, because you can’t patent a natural substance. And that’s where the big bucks are at. And that’s the one thing you can count on with Big Pharma .. they are always finding new and improved products that work better than the previous product, just about the same time the patents are about to expire on the old one!
They're also trying to ban vitamins and supplements - require you to get a prescription for them.

Check out the Durbin-Braun premarket proposal.

There are many vitamins and supplements banned due to the lobbying efforts of Big Pharma.

Old 08-03-2022, 09:31 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
There's a lot of significant evidence suggesting that your internal gut biota can have a significant influence on your personal health. We're just at the beginning of understanding this aspect of our physiology.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:57 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,387,658 times
You don't eat it. That's not how its done.

Click this link:

The delivery methods are varied but for sure you don't put it in your mouth!

Quote:
The process usually involves first selecting a donor without a family history of autoimmune, metabolic, and malignant diseases and screening for any potential pathogens. The feces are then prepared by mixing with water or normal saline, followed by a filtration step to remove any particulate matter. The mixture can be administered through a nasogastric tube, nasojejunal tube, esophagogastroduodenoscopy, colonoscopy, or retention enema.

https://www.webmd.com/ibd-crohns-dis...ou-should-know

Old 08-04-2022, 03:58 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
If you think the new rage in eating insects is a bit crazy and unappetizing, you ain’t seen nothing yet. Is this science? Or is it insanity?

Want to lose some weight? Should you eat some poop..actually someone else's poop? That's what researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) will be testing in a clinical trial this year when they take fecal samples from lean people and give them in 1-2 gram capsules to obese individuals.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...h=1a141c257766

Yum, yum. I wonder how long the line is for volunteers for this clinical trial?

For those who don’t believe the world has gone stark raving mad, just read one news article per day. If it takes you more than a week to reach that conclusion, seek professional help, if you can find a mental health professional that isn’t crazy too.
Michael Moore seems like a good candidate for this clinical trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies