Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 05:16 PM

19,804 posts, read 18,099,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
That's actually just science. I know it's hard to tell when you're from Texas.

Never heard of the gut microbiome?
Docs. in Texas have been working on this for years FWIIW.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:28 PM

1,884 posts, read 1,003,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You need to just stop, OK? It’s one thing to be an arrogant ass, but you need to at least be correct when being one …. otherwise, you just wind up being an arrogant dumb ass.

FMT stands for Fecal Microbiota Transplant. It’s a specific modality that transplants the fecal microorganisms through the pathway of your rectum, as the name implies.

Taking a substance orally isn’t a transplant, and I don’t care if it’s freeze dried poop in a capsule, or comes in the form of a chunky cookie named Famous Anus.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27609178/
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04096443
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...400-3/fulltext
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7815055/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31172007/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...plants-orally/ (just for the headline )

And there's so much more with direct references to "oral FMT". Some of them are registered clinical trails that use that exact verbiage.

If you take MATTER that is FECAL and TRANSPLANT it into your intestines, the direction and method doesn't mean much. You just cannot accept that you're wrong.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:29 PM

2,904 posts, read 994,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I'm glad you went off topic, because this tells me everything I need to know about you.

I suppose you also think there really is a cure for cancer but doctors are suppressing it because they would rather make a lot of money than see their friends and relatives cured?
This is why I didn't bother replying to the OP. My husband is currently lying in bed with a chemo pump attached. I don't have the energy.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:34 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yes, it does come in capsules as well. All I know is I've read stories of people who had FMT and it helped them get their lives back. You should research it.

It's not a crazy idea. Doctors perform FMT. But many times people would rather do it themselves, so they go to reputable companies that screen people.

Pub Med has published an abstract on it.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33471490/
First of all, it’s not a “yes it does come in capsules as well” thing. A pill is not a transplant. And these procedures aren’t performed through your mouth. There are transplants and there are oral therapies, which are entirely different things.

And you all keep twisting this conversation into the shape of a pretzel, conflating two totally different concepts. Now, having some mixture of feces inserted into your large intestine with a tube, or via an enema is rather gross, but perhaps a legitimate medical procedure if it’s effective. But don’t act like this is the same thing as eating poop …in your mouth, which is absolutely disgusting, if not Satanic. You do realize that such things like drinking babies blood and consuming feces is a practice of Satanic ritual, no?

And yes, eating poop is most certainly is crazy, by any sane standard. In fact, it’s probably as good a test as any … the less crazy you think eating poop is, the crazier you most certainly are.

But it seems it’s all the rage these days … it’s become an ongoing contest to see just how much crazy can be normalized without people saying, that’s crazy. I’d say convincing people to believe that eating poop is normal is going to be a hard one to beat, and will ultimately win the contest, I HOPE, anyway, because it’s truly disturbing to think of something crazier.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:35 PM

14,319 posts, read 11,714,153 times
Quote:
Here’s the biggest problem with all of this …. we know that everyone has cancer cells in their bodies, but a healthy immune system that is functioning properly will kill those cells, preventing cancer from actually developing. This occurs silently inside our bodies 24/7. So the very existence of cancer is indicative of a malfunction in the immune response. That’s an absolute fact, not a belief or speculation.
This is an ignorant and misleading statement. Yes, the immune system kills MOST mutated cells that could develop into cancer. But sometimes the mutated cells "learn" to evade the immune system by masquerading as normal cells. You could have the most absolutely tip-top immune system and still develop cancer, because your system did not recognize the cancer as a harmful invader.

Have you not heard of immunotherapy?

Old 08-02-2022, 05:37 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
This is why I didn't bother replying to the OP. My husband is currently lying in bed with a chemo pump attached. I don't have the energy.
I’m sorry to hear that, honestly. I hate to see anyone sick or suffering. Prayers to your husband.

But I’m not sure what that has to do with my opinion that eating poop is crazy.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:43 PM

14,319 posts, read 11,714,153 times
Quote:
First of all, it’s not a “yes it does come in capsules as well” thing. A pill is not a transplant. And these procedures aren’t performed through your mouth. There are transplants and there are oral therapies, which are entirely different things.

And you all keep twisting this conversation into the shape of a pretzel, conflating two totally different concepts. Now, having some mixture of feces inserted into your large intestine with a tube, or via an enema is rather gross, but perhaps a legitimate medical procedure if it’s effective. But don’t act like this is the same thing as eating poop …in your mouth, which is absolutely disgusting, if not Satanic. You do realize that such things like drinking babies blood and consuming feces is a practice of Satanic ritual, no?

And yes, eating poop is most certainly is crazy, by any sane standard. In fact, it’s probably as good a test as any … the less crazy you think eating poop is, the crazier you most certainly are.

But it seems it’s all the rage these days … it’s become an ongoing contest to see just how much crazy can be normalized without people saying, that’s crazy. I’d say convincing people to believe that eating poop is normal is going to be a hard one to beat, and will ultimately win the contest, I HOPE, anyway, because it’s truly disturbing to think of something crazier.
You can double down and call it a crazy Satanic poop-eating ritual, but personally I'd rather swallow a capsule than have a tube inserted into my rectum. As long as the helpful bacteria end up where they are needed, I don't see that it makes any difference how they get there.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:47 PM

2,904 posts, read 994,309 times
Quote:
I’m sorry to hear that, honestly. I hate to see anyone sick or suffering. Prayers to your husband.

But I’m not sure what that has to do with my opinion that eating poop is crazy.
Thank you. I appreciate that. Sincerely.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:56 PM

10,034 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Couldn’t be worse than my spouses cooking….

Old 08-02-2022, 06:03 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:

Thank you for your opinion. No need to cast aspersions. Just because you think this protocol is crazy doesn't make it so.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1201091026.htm
https://bmcmedicine.biomedcentral.co...916-016-0680-9
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies