Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 01:53 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times

Advertisements

There is actually another treatment that seems to be very beneficial in certain sicknesses, where they take poop from a healthy person and inject it into the colon of the sick person.

so maybe this is some version of that?

Old 08-02-2022, 01:54 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
I don’t know about it for weight loss therapy, but fecal transplants as they are often referred to, are a viable treatment for people with serious intestinal disorders like IBS and other inflammatory bowel diseases, and especially C. Diff.
oops. didnt see your comment before I posted but yea. you are spot on

Old 08-02-2022, 02:04 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
If you think the new rage in eating insects is a bit crazy and unappetizing, you ain’t seen nothing yet. Is this science? Or is it insanity?

Want to lose some weight? Should you eat some poop..actually someone else's poop? That's what researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) will be testing in a clinical trial this year when they take fecal samples from lean people and give them in 1-2 gram capsules to obese individuals.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...h=1a141c257766

Yum, yum. I wonder how long the line is for volunteers for this clinical trial?

For those who don’t believe the world has gone stark raving mad, just read one news article per day. If it takes you more than a week to reach that conclusion, seek professional help, if you can find a mental health professional that isn’t crazy too.
Well, I can't see that people using this method as a weight loss diet would be looking forward to their next meal.

Old 08-02-2022, 02:18 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
in really old times stuff similar to this was called 2nd harvest. Thankfully i am skinny and fit and it wont be something on my radar, and yes i know there are a lot of people that aren't skinny.

Old 08-02-2022, 02:35 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Kombucha is part of my diet.

This said, it's really not that complicated. Just excise more and eat less. None of these pills really works long term.

I am 5'7" and 118lb I eat everything I want and have never counted calories or taken pills.

Portion control plus a healthy life style. Everyone can do it

Many organic farmers won't even use human poops when they make their compost. Yikes
I don’t know about now, as it seems the world is literally upside down, but it was always against the law to use human waist in any quantity whatsoever in an agricultural capacity, because of the dangers. I believe that has changed over the past few years, with EPA approving biosolids produced according to certain standards.

That was one of the unsavory practices in certain Mexican farms who used brown water for irrigation. And there have been massive food recalls in the past for e-coli contamination from migrant workers defecating in fields and contaminating produce. In fact, e-coli is known to be present in human waste, so this entire conversation seems to be rather Twilight Zone’ish, really.

There is a long history of how disease has been greatly reduced by modern sanitation practices, which is solely associated with feces, because urine is sterile. So human disease is undeniably related to solid human waste contamination. But apparently, that’s all out the window now, and we are celebrating the health benefits of human poop? WTF?

Aside the craziness of the poop method and the rationalizations, it’s just another example of addressing a symptom rather than the problem. Eating poop to revitalize the microbiome of these obese people, ignores the cause of the microorganism imbalance to begin with, which is no doubt associated with diet and general health practices. What is virtually guaranteed is that replacing these microorganisms is a temporary fix, because whatever killed those bacteria before will do so again. I suppose a lifelong prescription of poop pills will be required for these people?

Is it just me that thinks we already have to many people who are full of crap now, to normalize adding poop to their diets? LOL

I know there are a few on this thread that don’t need those pills.

Old 08-02-2022, 02:48 PM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times
The lengths people will do besides just eating right and exercising lol!

I’m also skeptical this works. The stomach acids usually destroys most bacteria which is why probiotics are kind of a scam.

And doing a fecal transplant surgery for obesity is verging on medical malpractice.

Get your fat butts on a exercise plan and diet!

Old 08-02-2022, 02:50 PM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I take it, OP, that if you developed an intestinal illness for which the best remedy would be a fecal transplant or oral medication involving feces...you would just suffer and perhaps die instead? Because you wouldn't want to look silly?
We’re not talking IBS but obesity.

While obesity does have a gut biome component, you can change your gut biome through proper diet and exercise.

Old 08-02-2022, 02:55 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I take it, OP, that if you developed an intestinal illness for which the best remedy would be a fecal transplant or oral medication involving feces...you would just suffer and perhaps die instead? Because you wouldn't want to look silly?
In all my years on this rock, which are more than I care to reveal, I have never met one single person in my life that needed to consume poop to stay alive or restore their health. Until recently, I had never even heard of such a case. So, if I had an intestinal disorder, and my doctor prescribed poop therapy, I’d seek a 2nd opinion, and continue seeking until I found a sane physician with a more palatable cure.

Now, I don’t know where all of this craziness has come from …. or how so many of you have become convinced that ingesting human poop is a reasonable practice, but I suffer no such mental delusions. I have never even subscribed to the 5 second rule, for God’s sake LOL, so I sure as hell ain’t eating poop, even if it’s freeze dried and put in a gelatin capsule!

And let me be very clear … if I’m sitting at a table of 50, and 49 of them are eating poop, there is only one sane person sitting at that table.

Old 08-02-2022, 02:57 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
What ever happened to bulimia and aneroexia?

Old 08-02-2022, 02:58 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
It will become an overnight sensation if it packs a buzz of any kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies