Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2022, 02:57 PM

23,224 posts, read 29,066,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Oh just stop. Trump is not hated ONLY because he is uncouth or because he sent mean tweets. There are many legitimate reasons for disliking Trump and for disliking the things he did to and for this country. Plus he is not the brightest bulb in the lamp.
I disagree. I think he's brighter than one realizes. In some ways he was handicapped by his advisors.

Trump came within a millimeter of getting Maduro out of Venezuela, and, last minute, he turned to advice from one of his advisors and lost the opportunity to put a big feather in his cap.

When Trump met with Kim Jong Un in Hanoi, he wanted to immediately drop the sanctions against North Korea and possibly build a hotel in North Korea. John Bolton was there and talked him out of it. Another lost opportunity to have peace with North Korea. IMO, Kim Jong Un is no danger to any country, they justifiably have nukes for their own protection. North Korea has turned quasi-Capitalist, just like China, and Trump recognized this.

Critics are quick to criticize any President, overlooking the impact of their advisors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2022, 03:07 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,303,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
This isn't exactly the image of a tough guy.

Is Donald Trump a Star Athlete?

Not to be nitpicky, but Division I didn't exist until 1973. When Biden went to the University of Delaware in 1961 they were classified as NCAA College Division.
You are correct, plus back then they had Freshman teams.

Now here a more accurate information on Trump's HS Baseball years. Nine box scores retrieved were the Donald had a pesky .138 Batting Avg.
https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/05/d...nt-fg-hit.html

Old 08-21-2022, 03:09 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,303,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
And I doubt the D-1 football players in 1973 were as brick wall solid as they are now. My nephew plays D-1 and at 6'4 and 265, he's one of the SMALLER members of the team (defensive line).
That is very true. All athletes today are better fit, more skilled then ever before. Guess what else? Most athletes of today are culturally progressive.

Old 08-21-2022, 04:18 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,116,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
TDS - you never got the help we all said you needed. Why do you have to insert Trump into every discussion?
Because the OP mentioned Trump in their post first?

If Trump is supposed to be a great example of masculine toughness...ugh, no thanks. Glad my husband isn't that flavor of "tough" and I wouldn't want any of my theoretical sons to be like that. One can be strong without acting like he does.

Old 08-21-2022, 04:31 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,116,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Wow! It's awesome that you got to see that! It's amazing how many posters here know so much about Trump. Knowing him personally, is a feather in all of your caps.
This is Ivana telling the story herself....of course you can take with a grain of salt, I suppose, since it's her telling about it and not him, but it does not sound like he was happily surprised to discover her proficiency at skiing.

https://youtu.be/ifYefVMoJyQ

Old 08-21-2022, 04:34 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Yep. Dole was tough as nails and had guts to spare. And on top of that he was a decent human being with a good heart. Why are there no more pubs like that? Just groveling curs like Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham.
Truth is, alot of politicians regarding of political party tend to be nutty and insufferable. Many are more slick about it than others.

Old 08-21-2022, 04:44 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Because the OP mentioned Trump in their post first?

If Trump is supposed to be a great example of masculine toughness...ugh, no thanks. Glad my husband isn't that flavor of "tough" and I wouldn't want any of my theoretical sons to be like that. One can be strong without acting like he does.
The thing is, the fact that Trump is a jerk, uncouth, and brutish, this is what is appealing to some young men. Let's call it what it is. The brutish, angry, "tough guy" persona appeals to the angry.

Political commentator Jack Beatty has more on that, in this video clip. And Jack Beatty was saying this about Richard Nixon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QOSOCCM1Qc

Old 08-21-2022, 04:51 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

Except Cadet Bonespurs isn’t tough.

He’s a thin-skinned, whiny, pudgy, baby who is also a coward.

The British guys got it right Whalen they made the Trump baby blimp with Trump wearing a diaper and holding a bell phone.

It’s a fake persona.

His followers have been hoodwinked, but I don’t have any sympathy for them.

Lots of young men with the means to do so avoided the draft.

Current president asthma is a perfect example.

Before ANG pilot Bush we had a president that ran away to England to protest against the United States.

Lots of people talk **** because they'll never be in the same position.

If you haven't been there, you don't really know what you might do in the same situation.

Trump, when compared to other presidents, is no better or worse in this matter.

Clinton successfully dodged the draft.

Gore enlisted in the army but worked as a journalist...draw your own conclusions.

Bush used his family's influence to land in the ANG.

Romney received numerous deferments and finally drew a high number ensuring that he would not be drafted.

The exceptions are the ones that didn't dodge the draft.

Trump is a doer.

He gets things done.

He's on my side, America's side, so he gets my vote.

The nationless billionaire class correctly sees Trump as an enemy.

He is their enemy because he represents working Americans, people like me.

Old 08-21-2022, 05:23 PM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
He obviously has as much self control as anyone.
Come on, now. Buying Greenland? - and then canceling a state visit at the last minute when the idea was ridiculed as soundly as it deserved to be?

Not that I minded, honestly. Watching his nincompoop ambassador posting about how great the upcoming visit was going to be hours after the news of the cancellation had broken in the press was pretty good fun.

Old 08-21-2022, 05:27 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,942,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
TDS - you never got the help we all said you needed. Why do you have to insert Trump into every discussion?
Duh, what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies