Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2022, 07:13 AM

30,431 posts, read 21,234,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The only way to travel space would be to unlock the secrets of multidimensional travel.
That was how his jump drive worked. Set the spin drift and sub custer and blink to anywhere in space in a sec's time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2022, 07:26 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,591,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
There are plenty of planets out there janet with life on them. Billions of them. Just no one can lick the time speed thing.
The other planet would need a few things ...

A special planet: the habitable Earth

"What makes the Earth habitable? It is the right distance from the Sun, it is protected from harmful solar radiation by its magnetic field, it is kept warm by an insulating atmosphere, and it has the right chemical ingredients for life, including water and carbon."

Three Ways That the Atmosphere Helps Living Things Survive on Earth

Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide

"Life on Earth needs the atmosphere to breath. Animals take in breathable oxygen from the atmosphere and use it to metabolize food into energy. Plants use carbon dioxide to grow and sustain life."

Sorry charlie, you'll never get me sucked into it; not without a few shrooms and a joint.

Old 08-27-2022, 07:47 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,591,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Not sure about shrooms and brooms bra but with billions of planets there would have to be life on some of them. Kinda like saying there is one fish in the seas dee. Just insane to think jane that we would be the only planet with life.
Sorry charlies, the needs of the planet to have the ability to support life out weigh the possibilities of life on another planet.

Old 08-27-2022, 10:09 AM

37,183 posts, read 19,186,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post

"What makes the Earth habitable? It is the right distance from the Sun, it is protected from harmful solar radiation by its magnetic field, it is kept warm by an insulating atmosphere, and it has the right chemical ingredients for life, including water and carbon."

"Life on Earth needs the atmosphere to breath. Animals take in breathable oxygen from the atmosphere and use it to metabolize food into energy. Plants use carbon dioxide to grow and sustain life."

Sorry charlie, you'll never get me sucked into it; not without a few shrooms and a joint.
Life forms on other planets may not be in the least human.

Old 08-27-2022, 10:34 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,791,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I feel it’s a distraction. My husband who is NOT a conspiracy theorist in any way even noticed this uptick in stories related to UFOs and aliens over the last like 4-6 months.

I don’t believe there’s life anywhere but Earth, and I find it very odd that after covering up any “alien†stuff for decades, the govt and media are openly questioning it. It doesn’t sit right with me.
Bingo! Red Herrings were used in the 60's when ever something strange appeared in our skies. My biggest fear is that these are foreign technologies from a geopolitical adversary. The nearest planet that may be habitable to us is a mere 4,000 plus light years away. The odds that someone from another planet traveled here? Astronomical.

Old 08-27-2022, 10:56 AM

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post

Well you are assuming that the planets we know of are the only ones and that aliens would need oxygen and carbon dioxide to live.

Mighty big assumptions......

Old 08-27-2022, 10:57 AM

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Bingo! Red Herrings were used in the 60's when ever something strange appeared in our skies. My biggest fear is that these are foreign technologies from a geopolitical adversary. The nearest planet that may be habitable to us is a mere 4,000 plus light years away. The odds that someone from another planet traveled here? Astronomical.
Not if they know how to connect time and space. We don't.

Old 08-27-2022, 11:10 AM

629 posts, read 409,182 times
What if it turns out, that WE are the aliens? We might be an infection, like mold growing in their ice machine? The presumption that it is they visiting our world might be azzbackwards...

Old 08-27-2022, 12:23 PM

16,077 posts, read 10,735,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Really? You don't just believe that life from elsewhere has never visited us, but that there is no life anywhere else in the universe but here? That seems extremely unlikely.
It does not matter whether likely or not, but it is mostly irrelevant. If the ancient people leaving footprints in the New Mexico desert 22,000 years ago had launched a spacecraft moving at the speed of light toward the center of our galaxy it would still not reach the center for another 4,000 years, sometime around the year 2422. In light years reasoning, Voyager I, launched in 1977 into deep space, is about 19 light hours away, not even a light day. It will reach one light day in 2026. Voyager I will reach one light year away in the year 19977. The closest known exoplanet, Proxima Centauri b, is located four light-years away from Earth. So far, we have not found any evidence of intelligent life in our solar system (except us). The VLA telescope in New Mexico is sensitive enough to register if a cell phone was operating on Jupiter. There aren't any. If there are actually unidentified things flying around our heads, they are most likely earth-made by earthlings.

Old 08-27-2022, 02:39 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,585,979 times
It is not flying-saucer UFOs that is the concern.

There are all sorts of unidentified-objects, intruding on American airspace, that may have a military-objective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies