Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2022, 05:01 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,251,233 times

Advertisements

Well the Pentagon has a JEDI program. Wonder when there will be an RFP for an X-Wing.

“A close read into all of this indicates Congress is extremely troubled by the apparent evidence of objects that can seemingly move between sea, air, and space terrains in ways known human technology cannot. It’s a big deal, to say the least. Setting aside dramatic alien conspiracies (for just a moment), the knowledge that there is potentially a fleet of inexplicable, hyper-advanced technologies hovering above our heads is pretty disconcerting. Congress certainly thinks as much, and believes we aren’t doing nearly enough about it.”
https://www.popsci.com/technology/co...enon-concerns/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2022, 05:02 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Let's hope they are true Conservatives.

Old 08-25-2022, 06:32 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times
I wouldn’t worry too much. Any sort of beings with enough intelligence to efficiently navigate space and get here would view our primitive little human race like we would an ant colony, and watch from a distance. We would likely have no means of defense against any weapons they might be carrying.

Old 08-26-2022, 04:00 AM

7,368 posts, read 3,529,717 times
they probably don’t have weapons as there is no scientific reason to have any when you are so much more advanced. they live on earth too, and are literally right under our noses. we have been looking up at the sky for life when there is plenty below us

Old 08-26-2022, 05:06 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
I feel it’s a distraction. My husband who is NOT a conspiracy theorist in any way even noticed this uptick in stories related to UFOs and aliens over the last like 4-6 months.

I don’t believe there’s life anywhere but Earth, and I find it very odd that after covering up any “alien” stuff for decades, the govt and media are openly questioning it. It doesn’t sit right with me.

Old 08-26-2022, 05:26 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
They could be machines, like VGER from 2001 A Space Odyssey.

Or, they could be Biological, like ET, & if so, they'll have mechanical enhancements like the Borg.

They might have put us here, & are returning for a status check, & if so, they'd likely see us as a colossal failure. Maybe they'll do us all a favor, and eradicate government from Earth, so we could try again...a do-over.

Or, we could be an unrelated curiosity.

They could see us, and Earth, as a provisions stopover....nothing more than food & energy replenishment.

If they are already here amongst us, they will not be the family next door. I think they will be people like Bill Gates, Elon Musk, & Jeff Bezos. However, those Billionaires probably do not even know they are decendents of aliens. They are just genetics experiments planted here perhaps generations ago.

Old 08-26-2022, 05:30 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,469,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I feel it’s a distraction. My husband who is NOT a conspiracy theorist in any way even noticed this uptick in stories related to UFOs and aliens over the last like 4-6 months.

I don’t believe there’s life anywhere but Earth, and I find it very odd that after covering up any “alien” stuff for decades, the govt and media are openly questioning it. It doesn’t sit right with me.

Really? You don't just believe that life from elsewhere has never visited us, but that there is no life anywhere else in the universe but here? That seems extremely unlikely.

Old 08-26-2022, 05:34 AM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Typical government attitude.
Basically they’re just jealous because *they* don’t have that technology.
Drives them nuts. Also annoyed because they can’t figure out a way to tax aliens.

Old 08-26-2022, 05:39 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
So, given that our Milky way galaxy has like 300 billion or so stars and then there are a couple hundreed billion galaxies...and that's all we know about (for now)...there is definitely life elsewhere.

That they have expanded past light speed travel and located us is an entirely different proposition.

That said, we'll see.

P.S. The same people that tend to greatly distrust the govt. and the MIC...tend to drop their guard when you say we need more MIC spending because of UFO's.

Old 08-26-2022, 06:18 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Democrats wish to tax and regulate them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies