Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 04:16 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
No, more like constantly having my nose rubbed in it, constantly having sexuality peacocked, constantly having flags waved, constantly having it spontaneously come up in the news, etc, doesn't make me feel oppressed, but rather makes me feel about the same way I feel when a telemarketer keeps recalling my number ten times straight every five minutes when I've already told him I'm not interested.
Its gotten so bad when I see the the rainbow flag I think twice about going into the store.

I don't fit into the rainbow. So I am not considered a target customer.

Why go in if 1, they aren't stocking the store with anything I'd be interested in and 2, when it's a clear sign that they do not want me as a customer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2022, 04:20 PM

25,776 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorgonFreemon View Post
Wait til’ I tell you about billboards and advertising. We’ve been indoctrinated into eating Big Macs and drinking Bud Light by super-bowl commercials.

Lets be real though, you just hate the fact that they exist and are getting acknowledged.
Nope. I just hate the fact that you are forcing me to take sides. Which I never did before the Great Peacocking started. I don't give an f if they exist. Or should I say, didn't.

Old 08-29-2022, 04:27 PM

Quote:
It’s not that they don’t want you as a customer, it’s that they want to expand their consumer base.

It’s because you are either:

A: Hateful towards trans/gay people

Or

B: uncomfortable with your own sexuality

So much so that seeing a rainbow sticker affects your shopping decision when it literally has no affect on your life whatsoever.
It's absolutely, 100% not true. Those are myths that get trotted around as a sorry excuse for the sheer fact that I do not care what you do in bed to your sexual partners. It's, quite literally, none of my business.

So why are you telling me over and over and over and over and over and over about it?

I'm not interested in that conversation. So I'm AVOIDING YOU like an annoying neighbor..

And I'll spend my money elsewhere, so I won't get drawn into YOUR drama.

Old 08-29-2022, 04:31 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
Who’s forcing you? What side is there to take?

Either you take the side of being bigoted and hateful or you just take the side of live and let live and acknowledge that you aren’t the only one type of person living in this world, and everyone else has a right to representation, not just you.
Ah, the liberal buzz words, "Bigoted" and "hateful"! How about everyone taking the side of live and let live, and not trying to force agendas on the other side?

Representation? So, how much room is there for flags and banners, as I think of a lot of groups that deserve representation, if having a particular sexual preference rises to the recognition of the US flag.

How desperate for "pride" does one have to be to take "pride" in their sexual preference? Do they consider it an accomplishment?

Yeah, don't spew your "bigoted" and "hateful". Stick with "live and let live", keep your life out of mine, and I will keep mine out of yours.

Get some real accomplishments, and then come back and talk about pride, and that applies to all sides!

I was actually embarrassed to see "straight pride", as lowering themselves to that level, being proud of their sexuality makes them no better than others who think that their sexuality makes them special, it doesn't!

Old 08-29-2022, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Its gotten so bad when I see the the rainbow flag I think twice about going into the store.

I don't fit into the rainbow. So I am not considered a target customer.

Why go in if 1, they aren't stocking the store with anything I'd be interested in and 2, when it's a clear sign that they do not want me as a customer.
Yep same here. I'd feel about the same if I saw a any other flag that I did not agree with. And the thing is, if there were no flag on the storefront, I'd have never known the difference. And I wouldn't have cared if I did know the difference. But as soon as the peacock thing starts, I'm done.

Old 08-29-2022, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Who’s forcing you? What side is there to take?
If there is no side to take then there is no cause to wave a flag.

Quote:
Or what about companies reminding you to eat their burgers? But their cars? Take their meds?
I generally DON'T give them my business, even if I would have otherwise liked their product. For instance, I recently bought a set of "my pillow" sheets for my bed. They are good sheets and I would have probably bought more in the future. But what happened is I started getting multiple email advertisements each day from my pillow. That annoys me. Thus I likely won't be buying from them anymore. That has happened with several companies over the months and years. There is a difference between "making aware" and "hounding the hell out of."

Old 08-29-2022, 04:37 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,192,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I can't (assuming you are talking about BLM and antifa).
I'm talking about the concepts. When a group is in the majority and is trumpeting group 'pride', the concept is often negative portrayal of other groups. And no, BLM does NOT mean that white lives don't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Antifa "positive"? You're nuts.
Anti-fascism as a political stance is a positive attribute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
So only certain folks can protest and all are not allowed there. The hypocrisy runneth over, lol
Who said only certain groups can protest? Cops tend to keep counter-protesters separate.

Old 08-29-2022, 04:39 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
What about people that gotta remind you of their favorite sports team? Or their political party? Or their favorite band? Or their favorite city?

Or what about companies reminding you to eat their burgers? But their cars? Take their meds?

And you know that gay relations, much like straight relationships are more than just having sex right? It’s because they love someone, with the only difference being that it is the same sex.
Gay Pride events and the flag? Yeah, we don't have events and a flag. With the gay pride events in the news, this isn't the best time to be trying to promote it as just another choice in sexual partners, and these are the "in our face" people, while those in a committed relationship are generally at home with their partner working, shopping, mowing their grass, decorating for the holidays, and really don't want to advertise and try to convince the businesses in town to fly special flags and banners for them.

Get real, pushing your sexuality in someone's face is not going to turn out that great. It is not on the minds of most people all of the time.

Not a lot of us define ourselves as the way we have sex or with whom. It is considered a private matter by most, and not something that is always on their minds.

I am so sick of it. I don't care what you do to anyone if it is legal, just stay out of my face. I, too, am avoiding businesses that support specific types of lifestyles. If there was a "straight" flag, I wouldn't shop with them either, as that is just creepy! Now, if a business puts up a sign that says that "We do not serve members of the LGBT+ community." - I wouldn't shop there either. If everyone could use some commonsense, things would be going much better!

Old 08-29-2022, 04:48 PM

Quote:
AnywhereElse seeing a gay small sticker on the door of a restaurant:

“I feel oppressed, why is this in face?”

*the sticker that is ‘in his face’ is literally 10 ft away from where he’s standing*
And I immediately think of the owner having gay sex.

Because that is what the sticker means.

Not something I'm interested in thinking about while eating dinner.

Old 08-29-2022, 04:49 PM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I know absolutely nothing about "The Proud Boys" (never heard of them until someone asked Trump if he supported them), but Antifa (more than a notion) seem to show up at riots in all black and throw Molotov cocktails at people and thrive on violence and arson.
Both groups like to fight at these things.

It's kinda like going to an SEC football game without a ticket pretty much to get in some street scraps with your rivals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies