Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 08:59 PM

3,080 posts, read 3,267,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
All the flag means is gay SEXuality. That's it's entire purpose. To let people know about their sex lives.

Otherwise, they'd be straight. No flag needed. Since humans gonna human.

So, no I don't need to be aware of that. By a flag.
Fair enough, that's your interpretation. I personally know more heteros who display rainbow symbology than gay, so my interpretation is quite different than yours. If your disdain for same sex sex is such that anything that even remotely draws your way of thinking purely to the act, then so be it. Just saying that there are many others who don't have that same association.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2022, 11:03 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Do you expect an answer?
Considering the OP defended them, I would hope they try to answer for that. I am yet to hear of an actual peaceful protest by the Proud Boys. Instead anytime they get involved, the FSU and turn the protest from a peaceful one to a riot. This case is one of them. They are just as bad as they claim BLM are.

Old 08-30-2022, 06:26 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Fair enough, that's your interpretation. I personally know more heteros who display rainbow symbology than gay, so my interpretation is quite different than yours. If your disdain for same sex sex is such that anything that even remotely draws your way of thinking purely to the act, then so be it. Just saying that there are many others who don't have that same association.
Then what is the association? I am asking honestly.

How do gay people differ from straight people?

There's one difference. That's it. What's the point of calling it out?

Imagine if a straight person had black power symbols on the storefront ... and then when black people come into that business ... the cashier, etc. are white. What does that do?

Old 08-30-2022, 06:29 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
It's what the flag represents.

back at you
The flag represents support for LGBTQ rights, it's not at advertisement for a sex den.

It's frequently even posted up by non-LGBTQ.

Lastly, if it helps prevent you getting triggered consider that if you have to make it about sex then imagine a bi-girl with a straight guy. (Hint: The B in the letters)

Old 08-30-2022, 06:31 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
[quote=newtovenice;64053671]Imagine if a straight person had black power symbols on the storefront ... /QUOTE]

I've seen that logo. Does that one make you immediately think of sex like the rainbow flag too?

Old 08-30-2022, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The flag represents support for LGBTQ rights, it's not at advertisement for a sex den.

Lastly, if it helps prevent you getting triggered consider that if you have to make it about sex then imagine a bi-girl with a straight guy. (Hint: The B in the letters)
What rights do LGBTQ not have per the US and state governments? Can anyone LIST them?

They have the same rights as straight people. Everyone has the same rights.

Why are people perpetrating this myth that they have no rights???

Old 08-30-2022, 06:35 AM

[quote=Mathguy;64053695]
Quote:
Imagine if a straight person had black power symbols on the storefront ... /QUOTE]

I've seen that logo. Does that one make you immediately think of sex like the rainbow flag too?
Your post makes no sense.

If I saw a black power sign, I'd assume the owners/workers were black.

If I saw a cross, I'd assume the owners/workers were Christian.

If I saw a Star of David, I'd assume the owners/workers were Jewish.

Not sure why that's a difficult concept to understand.

Old 08-30-2022, 08:12 AM

7,375 posts, read 3,834,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Note who started the violence.
https://amp.modbee.com/news/local/article264994959.html

As I said
Proud boys will be proud boys

Are you shocked? Does it seem out of character?
Quote:
Modesto Police Department spokeswoman Sharon Bear could not confirm the order of events Saturday afternoon but noted that the demonstrators were not part of the official straight pride rally because that was planned for noon.
And if you believe the article, one Proud Boy pushed against the police line which initiated a wave of violence from the 150-200 counterprotesters.

Who was responsible for the violence again?

Old 08-30-2022, 08:14 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

The problem is there are a number on the right especially the "moral majority" (like the poster you are replying to is a part of judging by post history) who believe it actually does. Just as they believe teachers are actually groomers and pedophiles. The moral majority is full of lies.

Old 08-30-2022, 08:14 AM

7,375 posts, read 3,834,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It's the Proud Boys, the next time they have a "peaceful rally" will be that group's first. Why do you defend a bunch of political agitators who are a right wing FSU group?
Asking for verification is the same as defending?

That kind of thinking is prevalent in the Left, who think anyone who questions them is a Fascist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies