Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 06:00 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,229,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post
Ha ha ha ha ha
Children confused and anxious about gender bending entertainment? LOL

The same children that believe in the Easter bunny, tooth fairy, sandman and Santa clause? Yeah, the children don’t care. They certainly aren’t anxious lol. They may be bored, not sitting through church bored (talk about people in drag!) but bored nonetheless….
Those are entirely different things but I think you know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2022, 06:02 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,229,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
I think it's important to differentiate between a drag queen and a transvestite.

A drag queen is a man who dresses outlandishly in women's clothing, usually to perform in some way. Big hair, over-made-up, sequined dresses, and impossibly high heels in men's sizes, before taking the mic and lip-syncing Cher. "Look at me, look at me!" Think To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar. In spite of that, some, but not all, drag queens are straight. Think of the character Maurice Tischler, who appears in drag as Madonna, and who brings his wife along to the party in Last Vegas. And his wife is fine with it.

A transvestite is a man who likes to wear women's clothing, and look like a woman in other ways, but not necessarily stand out. As an old friend who transitioned told me once, "I just want to blend in, not stand out." He (she, now) typically wore a boring dress, or a blouse and skirt (sometimes, jeans), and flat shoes. Nothing to stand out, or say, "Look at me!".

Based on your description, lilyflower, I think you encountered a transvestite at the mall. Either way, I think you handled it well. I hope that he got a toy and that you both enjoyed some ice cream that day at the mall!
I love that movie!!!!
you make other very good points as well.

Old 09-01-2022, 06:04 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
They aren't always adult content?
If you feel that taking your kids to a drag queen show is inappropriate for them, do what you must. I don't, and didn't and never will think it is age appropriate for them.

Last edited by scarabchuck; 09-01-2022 at 06:42 AM..

Old 09-01-2022, 08:27 AM

What a complete and total cluster****. Here we see extremes on both sides interacting, and people think it is a good idea to expose children to it. SMH...

https://youtu.be/yMlOZGYOIw0

Old 09-01-2022, 10:33 AM

1,751 posts, read 1,686,133 times
Not only do children grow up to be drag queens, some are being raised by drag queens.

And to Riley, with regards to what shocks, well doesn’t shock, children, seeing people in drag is no more or less traumatizing than being forced to sit on the lap of a man dressed in a rabbit costume or a drunk posing as Santa Clause. These are your fears and prejudices (and closeted tendencies perhaps?), not your children’s. They are fine.
They will navigate this world just as every generation before them did. If you’re successful they too can grow up bigoted and afraid of everything.

Old 09-01-2022, 01:17 PM

7,359 posts, read 3,824,451 times
Some of the children look confused and you can see them try to pull away when their parents (mothers, usually) try to take them closer to a drag queen. It's a natural instinct for children to fear something that tries to hide what it actually is.

Old 09-01-2022, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Some of the children look confused and you can see them try to pull away when their parents (mothers, usually) try to take them closer to a drag queen. It's a natural instinct for children to fear something that tries to hide what it actually is.
The whole thing is cringe worthy. From the dorks dressed up in black trying to look intimidating , to the bible thumpers...just a complete **** show. And I just feel sorry for the poor kids. I'm sure they'd much rather be doing kid things than hanging out there.

Old 09-01-2022, 05:24 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,146,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
You might want to learn how to spell imbecile, correct spelling is a prerequisite of clarity.
Oh crap, lol. I missed that. Thanks.

Old 09-01-2022, 05:33 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,146,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Oh, yes you can.
"Imbecile" is the correct way to spell the word. What else did you guess on and get wrong?
Sorry I'm not as perfect as you like to let everyone think you are with your condescending attitude. Must be lonely at the top of your tower of self righteousness.

Old 09-01-2022, 05:38 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
so wait......
are they protecting the kids from the drag queens....

....or protecting the drag queens from the kids?? LOL

what a messed up world we are in now

"Masked Antifa members armed with AR-15 rifles and handguns showed up to guard what was billed as a “kid-friendly” drag show at a North Texas distillery. Reports indicate the show contained partial nudity and sexualized minors."

"BlazeTV producer Kris Cruz tweeted photos of a group of mask-wearing Antifa members standing guard with AR-15 rifles at a “kid-friendly” drag sow in Roanoke, Texas. Cruz reported at least nine of the members carrying AR-15s."

"Independent journalist Andy Ngo tweeted a report stating the Armed Antifa members are part of the local chapter of the John Brown Gun Club. He identified the group as an Antifa militia linked to domestic terrorism."

https://www.breitbart.com/border/202...show-in-texas/
Never sport a fully loaded weapon in a public place unless you are willing to kill or be killed over the perceived threat.

EVERY RESPONSIBLE GUN OWNER knows that, but liberals don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies