Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 04:09 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,457,324 times

Advertisements

Not sure it can be done, but if it can be done it would require an end to personal freedom. And I think that is what the rulers are planning.

I personally think that our species damages the earth with toxic substances, and maybe that causes dangerous climate change. I do not think it is helpful to be in denial about this and pretend it's all a lie just because you don't want to believe it.

ON THE OTHER HAND -- it is pretty silly to think forcing Americans to drive electric cars will make a difference. People all over the world will keep driving whatever they want. The rich will keep flying all over the place on jets. No one will give up their air conditioning voluntarily.

The WHOLE WORLD would have to be under some kind of central control. And whatever power could manage to take that control would have to be militarily unbeatable. And don't think they would stop at forcing environmental policies. Why would they stop at that? An absolute world ruling power could do whatever the heck it wants, with no restraints.

So this is what I think we could be heading for. And I don't see any solution, really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2022, 04:28 PM

24,178 posts, read 15,251,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Not sure it can be done, but if it can be done it would require an end to personal freedom. And I think that is what the rulers are planning.

I personally think that our species damages the earth with toxic substances, and maybe that causes dangerous climate change. I do not think it is helpful to be in denial about this and pretend it's all a lie just because you don't want to believe it.

ON THE OTHER HAND -- it is pretty silly to think forcing Americans to drive electric cars will make a difference. People all over the world will keep driving whatever they want. The rich will keep flying all over the place on jets. No one will give up their air conditioning voluntarily.

The WHOLE WORLD would have to be under some kind of central control. And whatever power could manage to take that control would have to be militarily unbeatable. And don't think they would stop at forcing environmental policies. Why would they stop at that? An absolute world ruling power could do whatever the heck it wants, with no restraints.

So this is what I think we could be heading for. And I don't see any solution, really.
The only control required is self control. That goes for anybody running a business, too.

The American economy runs on buying crap. The amount of storage warehouses for individuals is testimony to the fact that most of us have too much stuff.

The next thing after plastics is too much fabric. We have closet full of clothes we do not wear.

Our houses are wasteful of energy. Texas demonstrated to the world that our houses are not energy efficient. I'm not overlooking the hundreds who died in that freeze. simple things other s do all the time would have saved a lot of misery. Just putting the plumbing on inside walls

The way we drive waste huge amounts of fossil fuels. The amount of food American waste, thus agriculture is a sin.

I could go on and on.

We do not think about what we do.

Old 09-04-2022, 04:30 PM

18,788 posts, read 7,706,880 times
Quote:
Not sure it can be done,
The above quote is the most important part of your post.

The climate does change regularly. But have you ever seen ANY proof that man's activities are causing it to change?

People have been wailing how awful and irresponsible Man is, to change the climate. The first Earth Day was in 1971, which is when the Big Crescendo started (if not earlier).

But in the fifty-plus years since then, many of the people who want us to pay huge bills and taxes to somehow slow the changes, or "change the climate back", have never come up with any proof that Man had anything to do with changing the climate in the first place. Or that he can "change it back".

All they seem to say is things like, "Man is producing carbon dioxide, carbon dioxide can cause sunlight to warm the atmosphere, therefore man is at fault for the changes we are seeing".

That's not much different from saying "Al Gore and Greta Thunberg produce a lot of carbon dioxide from their mouths when they lecture us endlessly on climate change, therefore Al Gore and Greta Thunberg are causing the climate to change in the first place". Never any consideration for how much CO2 would be needed to actually change anything, or whether increasing CO2 would cause millions more CO2-using plants to grow in jungles, wheat fields, etc., which in turn would cause those plants to use up CO2 faster and replace it with Oxygen, etc. .... or any other such natural phenomena that go on all the time, 24/7/365.

There is no proof that man's activities are changing the climate.

Before you can persuade me to start paying the immense taxes and bills you are requiring "to change the climate back", and/or get me to make major changes in my lifestyle, you're going to have to show me more than you have so far. All you've got so far is empty talk and hysteria, and that won't cut it.

It's actually more reasonable to say "Since you've had more than fifty years to produce this proof, and you have utterly failed to do so, it has become clear that there is no proof. And the most likely reason for this complete failure, is because man's activities never had anything to do with changing the climate in the first place.

Old 09-04-2022, 04:31 PM

15,753 posts, read 7,744,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The only control required is self control. That goes for anybody running a business, too.

The American economy runs on buying crap. The amount of storage warehouses for individuals is testimony to the fact that most of us have too much stuff.

The next thing after plastics is too much fabric. We have closet full of clothes we do not wear.

Our houses are wasteful of energy. Texas demonstrated to the world that our houses are not energy efficient. I'm not overlooking the hundreds who died in that freeze. simple things other s do all the time would have saved a lot of misery. Just putting the plumbing on inside walls

The way we drive waste huge amounts of fossil fuels. The amount of food American waste, thus agriculture is a sin.

I could go on and on.

We do not think about what we do.
You can't run all the plumbing on inside walls when you have to get to the other side of the house. Houses in Texas generally do not have basements, so pipes get run in the attic.

Old 09-04-2022, 04:41 PM

27,360 posts, read 15,482,165 times
Quote:

You speak of slavery.
They are working on that already.

Old 09-04-2022, 04:44 PM

27,788 posts, read 16,300,579 times
Dude, biden got the climate healed. Duh, they passed a huge spending bill. Problem done. Next. Infrastructure? Nope, passed too. Student debt? R u kidding? They solved it. All. No go on with your bad self

Old 09-04-2022, 04:48 PM

57,400 posts, read 26,427,147 times
Quote:

The WHOLE WORLD would have to be under some kind of central control. And whatever power could manage to take that control would have to be militarily unbeatable. And don't think they would stop at forcing environmental policies. Why would they stop at that? An absolute world ruling power could do whatever the heck it wants, with no restraints. So many still in denial and avoiding change as you can see from this thread.

Around 27% of greenhouse gas emissions are from transportation, it's the largest area where we can make a difference. 25% comes from electricity generation. Agree on private jets and other abuses but they are a small part of the problem.

Old 09-04-2022, 04:50 PM

43,704 posts, read 18,731,073 times
The easiest solution....stop talking about it.
Adapt to the change as people did before us.

Man vs Mother Nature

We never win.

Old 09-04-2022, 04:52 PM

18,809 posts, read 8,503,138 times
This whole bullcrap is a scam......

CO2 causes global warming

..for the past 50 years....all of the increase in CO2 has come....directly or indirectly from China

the USA, EU, Japan, and even Russia.....has not increased their CO2 emissions

WE do not have to do one damn thing about it....

The UN/IPCC fixed it so China can....even to this day....increase their CO2 emissions
..and China is still increasing their CO2 emissions

If this wasn't a scam....the whole world would be demanding that China stop

hell, China is not stupid or suicidal....China doesn't even believe this crap

China emits over twice as much CO2 as we do....and they are increasing their CO2 emissions as fast as they can

world CO2 emissions > https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ederations.png

Old 09-04-2022, 04:54 PM

5,045 posts, read 2,430,670 times
As soon as they get you to convert every device and appliance to electric at your own expense you are setting yourself up to be at the mercy of one switch. The way to go green is diversify your home with as many sources of energy as you can.

I have installed solar systems as a professional. If you said you are off the grid and wanted a system I would tell you don't get an electric car or any electric appliances. The dumbest thing you could do is burden your battery bank with all of that. Government policy seems to be to convince people that having one single source they control is the way to go. It seems idiotic until you think about it and it is the control freaks wet dream.

When emergencies hit do you think it is Pelosi's ice cream that melts? They could also control all movement. BLM protest the cars work, conservative protest, state of emergency all car charging disabled.

I am not normally a conspiracy type but letting the government control the only source of energy into your home is absolutely crazy. Keep your LNG stove, water heater, dryer etc.

I use wood, electric, propane at my place whe; the power goes off for a few days and it does around here I don't suffer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies