Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2022, 05:25 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
You do not want CO2 emissions to be "as close to zero as possible" because plants and trees need the CO2 to create oxygen...

Also, to be "as close to zero as possible", would that not also require every mammal being extinct, given that each and every one of us breathes out CO2?
DON'T confuse them with the FACTS. They can't handle them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2022, 05:29 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
So, your argument is that human production of CO2 has no effect on global temperatures, so we can continue to spew as much CO2 as possible in a centuries long open ended experiment on the effects of doing so?

We are actually overdue for temperature drops, but the CO2 levels are preventing that. Now, that's not a horrible thing, since it's easier to adapt to higher temperatures than to living under 2 kilometers of ice, but there has to be a middle ground.
"We are actually overdue for temperature drops"

I repeat:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough
"CO2 causes global warming"

And exactly how much has it warmed?

"The surface temperature of the Earth tends to go up rapidly and then settle down again in cycles of roughly 100,000 years as shown above in this UN Environment Programme (UNEP) chart. The blue line traces the temperature differences (in degrees Celsius) over the last 420,000 years compared to the present time, defined as the year 1950."

"This last 10,000 years (see vertical red line drawn on the population chart above), called the Holocene Epoch, has been one of interglaciation where temperatures, compared to the prior 410,000 years, have been remarkably stable. Throughout the Holocene, according to UNEP, "based on the incomplete evidence available, it is unlikely that global mean temperatures have varied by more than 1°C [2°F] in a century."

"2. Milankovitch Theory of Earth's Temperature Changes

Building on the work of other scientists who had observed that the Earth's orbit around the Sun was irregular in three particular aspects, Milankovitch created a model to show how the amount of sunlight (solar radiation) reaching the Earth varied according to the interaction of the cycles of these three irregularities, which are described below:
1. Eccentricity: In a cycle of roughly 100,000 years, the shape of the Earth's orbit around the Sun varies from an almost perfect circle to a slightly more elliptical shape, with the Sun nearer one end (rather than in the middle), and then back to a more circular shape.
2. Obliquity: In a cycle of about 40,000 years, the tilt of the Earth's axis relative to the plane of its orbit around the Sun varies from 22.1 degrees to 24.5 degrees and back.
3. Precession: In a cycle of a little over 20,000 years, the point of the Earth's axis wobbles so that the north axis points now to Polaris (the North Star) but will eventually point to Vega before returning to Polaris."

https://owlcation.com/stem/Earths-Te...-Recent-Change

Old 09-07-2022, 09:02 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Your second sentence is probably right.

And for the rulers who keep ruling against the will of the people (i.e. Democrats), this means that they have no choice but to plot against us, trying to find ways to fool us into believing they are doing what we want them to. And then do the opposite after the votes are counted. A prime example of this is the Democrats' behavior before and after the 2020 election.
And here I was thinking you were sounding like a reasonable person.

Take the party designation out of your second paragraph and I would agree, but saying it is true for only one side and not the other is either willful ignorance, or just plain ignorance. In the words of your beloved leader's 3rd (4th) wife: "Be better."

Old 09-07-2022, 01:38 PM

29,500 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Shut down shipping, ground all private jets and commercial airliners, stop mass deforestation, and reduce the planets population by 5 billion or so.

Old 09-07-2022, 01:43 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Not sure it can be done, but if it can be done it would require an end to personal freedom. And I think that is what the rulers are planning.

I personally think that our species damages the earth with toxic substances, and maybe that causes dangerous climate change. I do not think it is helpful to be in denial about this and pretend it's all a lie just because you don't want to believe it.

ON THE OTHER HAND -- it is pretty silly to think forcing Americans to drive electric cars will make a difference. People all over the world will keep driving whatever they want. The rich will keep flying all over the place on jets. No one will give up their air conditioning voluntarily.

The WHOLE WORLD would have to be under some kind of central control. And whatever power could manage to take that control would have to be militarily unbeatable. And don't think they would stop at forcing environmental policies. Why would they stop at that? An absolute world ruling power could do whatever the heck it wants, with no restraints.

So this is what I think we could be heading for. And I don't see any solution, really.
I think the democrat party agrees with you. Only I dont think they really think GW is real. They just want you to think its real.

Old 09-07-2022, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
And here I was thinking you were sounding like a reasonable person.

Take the party designation out of your second paragraph and I would agree, but saying it is true for only one side and not the other is either willful ignorance, or just plain ignorance. In the words of your beloved leader's 3rd (4th) wife: "Be better."
in this case, on this subject the Party designation is 100% accurate. It is the democrat party that is pushing a green totalitarian agenda. period.

Old 09-07-2022, 02:13 PM

3,337 posts, read 2,140,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
in this case, on this subject the Party designation is 100% accurate. It is the democrat party that is pushing a green totalitarian agenda. period.
Even worse is that the "green" part of it isn't so green when scrutinized. Putting all of their policy ideas into practice quickly would likely kill a substantial fraction of the global human population, and since that's perfectly obvious to anybody with in IQ above room temperature, that also means the aforementioned consequences can't be either unforeseen or coincidental.

Old 09-07-2022, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Even worse is that the "green" part of it isn't so green when scrutinized. Putting all of their policy ideas into practice quickly would likely kill a substantial fraction of the global human population, and since that's perfectly obvious to anybody with in IQ above room temperature, that also means the aforementioned consequences can't be either unforeseen or coincidental.
The more I think about it, the policies of the Democrat party, actually take us further from solutions related to Global Warming.
By "democrat party" I mean the leaders who are pushing the policy agenda and telling everyone that GW is an existential threat. (I do not mean people who have been convinced or that vote democratic)
So for me it has come down to this.
Either they are utterly stupid or horribly evil.

I cant figure out which.

If they really believe that GW is real and terrible then they are idiots because their solutions dont fix the problem.

If they are just using GW to implement policy that gives them control of people, they are straight up evil.

Occam's Razor says they are just stupid.

Old 09-07-2022, 05:17 PM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Shut down shipping, ground all private jets and commercial airliners, stop mass deforestation, and reduce the planets population by 5 billion or so.
That is what the planet needs janet is a good 5 bil peeps beamed to another planet.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:12 PM

3,337 posts, read 2,140,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
The more I think about it, the policies of the Democrat party, actually take us further from solutions related to Global Warming.
By "democrat party" I mean the leaders who are pushing the policy agenda and telling everyone that GW is an existential threat. (I do not mean people who have been convinced or that vote democratic)
So for me it has come down to this.
Either they are utterly stupid or horribly evil.

I cant figure out which.

If they really believe that GW is real and terrible then they are idiots because their solutions dont fix the problem.

If they are just using GW to implement policy that gives them control of people, they are straight up evil.

Occam's Razor says they are just stupid.
I agree with you that it's not everyone who's merely registered as a Democrat.

On the other hand, consider that Hanlon's Razor says to not attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity. We therefore have to look at multivariable evidence. These policies, especially when evaluated in tandem, cannot be explained by stupidity. These are an elaborate assortment of policies meant to converge and produce a desired (and complex) endgame. Those who have orchestrated, and those who are trying to effectuate these things, are either willfully malevolent and/or selfishly complicit. Those who have been brainwashed by this crap have been victimized in a very specific, sophisticated, and strategic fashion. It's a pseudo-religion, and one that is potentially an existential threat to the West, if not to the prospect of a continued viable global civilization. And they're coming for the children. It's everything the left (rightfully) accuses Q-Anon of being, only rather than being transparently lunatic and easily dismissed at scale, it comes cloaked in the guise of legitimate academic scholarship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies