Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2022, 09:59 AM

18,462 posts, read 15,914,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
People can explore issues that dont directly affect them.
Of course. But in the end, what is allowed or happens is based on jurisdictional laws.

Old 09-09-2022, 10:04 AM

36,839 posts, read 31,124,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
What happened to my body my choice?

Who’s paying for the vasectomy?

Who’s paying for the procedure when the man and woman want to use the sperm to have children?
Much of my body my choice has been taken away from women, on a state level anyway.

Who pays for the insemination, the ones who want to use the sperm, duh.

Your choice to have a vasectomy or not. You pay for it or your insurance does. Just like everything else. Personally, I wouldnt mind tax dollars going to pay for permanent sterilization for both men and women.

Old 09-09-2022, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Those are my sentiments exactly.
So both of you refute the op's suggestion that men should be able to opt out of child support because they are not ready to be a father. They didnt wear protection and them's the brakes.

Old 09-09-2022, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Of course. But in the end, what is allowed or happens is based on jurisdictional laws.
Yes, but we can discuss it on a discussion board even if it does not directly affect us. Discussions are the first steps in changing legislation.

Old 09-09-2022, 10:19 AM

39,174 posts, read 51,470,538 times
If abortion is available, then the father should have the option to participate or not in any part of the child's life - financial, emotional etc. Totally up to him. If the government denies women choice then it also must deny it to the father and dictate his participation.

Old 09-09-2022, 10:25 AM

14,267 posts, read 7,010,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Nothing too worry about, period! You and yours just take remote situations and use them to make a point for your pro-abortion stances.

So what that a woman's body is changed somewhat from pregnancy and childbirth? Is it earth shattering for most? Do they lose their ability to function as a normal human being? Are you suggesting that women stop producing children? You're not making any sense here.

I am all for women to be able to abort if their lives are at risk or they are raped but that doesn't seem enough for you and yours. Why is that?
What you pass off as remote situations are not as "remote" as you think. In any case, these "remote" situations as you call them affect real women.

Pregnancy and childbirth in the US are not without risk, no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise.

This is one of the primary reasons a woman's choice to go forward or abort is hers and hers alone. She faces a physical risk that no man can face. So trying to equate males opting out with women opting out makes no sense.

Old 09-09-2022, 10:38 AM

39,450 posts, read 27,807,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

It is not my job to dictate my moral code, nor is it the government's job. We are either for equality, or we are not.

Mlk once said " morality cannot be legislated, but behavior can be regulated." So to a certain degree, child support law exists for a reason.

Reality is in many situation, children are way better off if their biological mother or father just stay out of their life. For example, my sister in laws biological son wants nothing to do with his biological father. The boys 15th birthday wish is for my brother to legally adopt him.

My brother and my sister in law are financially secure, they really can do without the so called child support her ex sometimes pays Lol but since the guy sometimes pays and had visited the boy 10 times during the past 14 years, he thinks he has all the rights in the world as a father.

The last time he came to visit, the whole purpose is to convince my sister in law and my brother to invest in a project.

Old 09-09-2022, 10:39 AM

3,113 posts, read 945,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Mlk once said " morality cannot be legislated, but behavior can be regulated." So to a certain degree, child support law exists for a reason.

Reality is in many situation, children are way better off if their biological mother or father just stay out of their life. For example, my sister in laws biological son wants nothing to do with his biological father. The boys 15th birthday wish is for my brother to legally adopt him.

My brother and my sister in law are financially secure, they really can do without the so called child support her ex sometimes pays Lol
Child support laws came in a time abortion was generally illegal, and women were not in the workplace.

We live in a very different world.

Old 09-09-2022, 10:42 AM

14,267 posts, read 7,010,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Child support laws came in a time abortion was generally illegal, and women were not in the workplace.

We live in a very different world.
Very different world indeed. Now it takes 2 incomes to raise a family, so child support is still needed by the custodial parent in most homes.

Old 09-09-2022, 10:47 AM

3,113 posts, read 945,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Very different world indeed. Now it takes 2 incomes to raise a family, so child support is still needed by the custodial parent in most homes.
I think abortion upends this entire premise.

A woman can take her income into consideration when deciding if she wants to keep the child or not. I don't see how a man should be held accountable for her choice to keep it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies