Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2022, 09:40 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

I have always thought it was odd how young women dress a certain way to attract a certain type of man but when other men that are not "cool" take notice they get upset be it at a club, school, the Mall or walking down the street.
Thats not what is being discussed.

she is talking about the dress code.

Update:

in the context of this though, I wonder if the ugly girls with large breast sizes get dress-coded ?

Last edited by dsjj251; 09-15-2022 at 09:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2022, 10:23 AM

27,657 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Penis is natural too. Why would she demand it be packed away? Arguing with children is recipe for bad outcome.

Old 09-15-2022, 10:30 AM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Oh well, we try to behave but we can't help ourselves, we are men.
Weird. I've always thought that self-control was sort of the baseline for what makes a man.

Old 09-15-2022, 10:32 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
That girl is pretty smart for 16. She has already figured out that men are disgusting. Sorry we cannot help ourselves when we see the attractive form of a young woman. We are just wired that way and when we are young ourselves we are REALLY wired and sorry but I remember being a high school student and seeing attractive young women and they were all very distracting. There is nothing disgusting about it, we are talking nature here.

I have always thought it was odd how young women dress a certain way to attract a certain type of man but when other men that are not "cool" take notice they get upset be it at a club, school, the Mall or walking down the street.

Of course most of these women know exactly what they are doing to the males around them.

Oh well, we try to behave but we can't help ourselves, we are men.
This girl was complaining that girls wearing the same shirt or similar shirt (tank top) were treated differently regarding dress code if they were well endowed. I'm not sure what these girls were wearing but I dont see tank tops as dressing a certain way to attract a certain type of man. I also dont think it had anything to do with how male students reacted.

Have you ever noticed how men dress and act a certain way to attract a certain type of woman but when women who are not attractive take notice they get upset. Probably not since you are a man but as a woman I have. Its the same for men and women, its not just a woman thing. I'd even say its just human nature.

I just dont see how it is so hard for people to dress appropriately.

Old 09-15-2022, 10:32 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Weird. I've always thought that self-control was sort of the baseline for what makes a man.
That's so white-centric and patriarchic, get with the modern times

Old 09-15-2022, 10:38 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Penis is natural too. Why would she demand it be packed away? .
Haha

Old 09-15-2022, 10:39 AM

17,311 posts, read 12,263,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
That's always been the tough thing to balance. The right of the female to dress as she wishes and the right of the male, even the undesirable male, to notice. Not harass mind you, but notice. Maybe even obviously notice. Showing off natural features can invoke a natural reaction, even among males who are not the intended audience of whatever is being shown off.

Of course our culture reacts by vilifying the natural male response, but since it's natural it's not going to go away.
It's our puritanical culture that has sexualized breasts and exposed skin. Cultures that have women topless in public and more nudity in general don't have all the men walking around with erections all the time.

We're not too far from this parody from the Onion.
School Administration Reminds Female Students Bulletproof Vests Must Cover Midriff

Old 09-15-2022, 10:45 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
It's our puritanical culture that has sexualized breasts and exposed skin. Cultures that have women topless in public and more nudity in general don't have all the men walking around with erections all the time.
As a poster suggested, the girls that feel so strongly about this should go to school naked.

Take a stand ladies! Show everyone how empowered you are!

Old 09-15-2022, 10:50 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
This girl was complaining that girls wearing the same shirt or similar shirt (tank top) were treated differently regarding dress code if they were well endowed. I'm not sure what these girls were wearing but I dont see tank tops as dressing a certain way to attract a certain type of man. I also dont think it had anything to do with how male students reacted.

Have you ever noticed how men dress and act a certain way to attract a certain type of woman but when women who are not attractive take notice they get upset. Probably not since you are a man but as a woman I have. Its the same for men and women, its not just a woman thing. I'd even say its just human nature.

I just dont see how it is so hard for people to dress appropriately.

Dressing appropriately is the phrase of the day. It is not fair that some girls at the school were singled out but my comments were basically that it is life. Who doesn't appreciate a male or female that is put together nicely either from nature or they worked at it?

We are talking boys at this high school that are being distracted by breasts. This is natural and is not going to stop. I think it is terrific that at 16 this young woman has figured out that men are "Disgusting".

Of course a woman should be able to wear what she wants as long as it is appropriate for the setting and that goes for men too. No one should be wearing their speedos and bikinis to walmart and if people would stop wearing their pajamas that would be nice too.

This is America and there is a fascination with boobs and big ones get noticed. It is just how it is. Of course the well endowed high school student shouldn't be made to cover up when the less shapely girl does not have to. Maybe they need a better dress code that doesn't allow tank tops? Then again I am fondly remembering an old girlfriend that went to a Catholic school and boy was she sexy in that pleated skirt, white shirt and blue blazer.

Old 09-15-2022, 10:53 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,477,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post

We're not too far from this parody from the Onion.
School Administration Reminds Female Students Bulletproof Vests Must Cover Midriff

I for one do not wish to live in a culture where breasts are not sexualized.

And I assure you it is not out of prudishness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies