Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2022, 10:54 AM

39,221 posts, read 27,589,701 times

Advertisements

Everyone likes attention, from opposite sex especially. This is just human nature, nothing to be ashamed about.

This is exactly why school uniform is important. I always worn uniform in my school days ( except college days)
Wearing uniform allows students to focus on education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2022, 11:17 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,843,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Dressing appropriately is the phrase of the day. It is not fair that some girls at the school were singled out but my comments were basically that it is life. Who doesn't appreciate a male or female that is put together nicely either from nature or they worked at it?

We are talking boys at this high school that are being distracted by breasts. This is natural and is not going to stop. I think it is terrific that at 16 this young woman has figured out that men are "Disgusting".

Of course a woman should be able to wear what she wants as long as it is appropriate for the setting and that goes for men too. No one should be wearing their speedos and bikinis to walmart and if people would stop wearing their pajamas that would be nice too.

This is America and there is a fascination with boobs and big ones get noticed. It is just how it is. Of course the well endowed high school student shouldn't be made to cover up when the less shapely girl does not have to. Maybe they need a better dress code that doesn't allow tank tops? Then again I am fondly remembering an old girlfriend that went to a Catholic school and boy was she sexy in that pleated skirt, white shirt and blue blazer.
LOL.
Yes, the powers that be just need to accept sexual attraction, especially among hormone charged teenagers.
I doubt that 16 year old really believes men are disgusting. I think she has a point but went over the line saying guys are disgusting.

Old 09-15-2022, 11:49 AM

5,294 posts, read 5,239,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Pretty sure teens have been fighting dress codes for generations. Next.
Yep...I never understood not being allowed to wear what I wanted to when I was in school...

Old 09-15-2022, 11:55 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,250,429 times
maybe its time to go back to segregating by sex.

Old 09-15-2022, 11:58 AM

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Weird. I've always thought that self-control was sort of the baseline for what makes a man.
that's true but 16 year olds .......

Old 09-15-2022, 12:03 PM

29,464 posts, read 14,635,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Yep...I never understood not being allowed to wear what I wanted to when I was in school...
Just curious, do you think a guy wearing a banana hammock, some flip flops, and an unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt is appropriate for HS ? Or a girl wearing stiletto heels and negligee like the Vanity 6 Nasty Girl album cover is appropriate for HS ?

Old 09-15-2022, 12:03 PM

5,978 posts, read 2,234,032 times
I swear these articles must be AI or Computer generated, heavens knows why we post them here.

Teens always complain about everything including dress codes, this is quite normal if you think about your time in school. The only difference is now people think Posts made by Teens concerning dress codes are magically newsworthy when no one gave a darn for decades. Perhaps not every social media post requires news story.

Old 09-15-2022, 12:05 PM

9,372 posts, read 6,972,249 times
So if I whip out my hog in public it's not my fault it's everyone else's fault for being disgusting? It's just a natural body-part and no need to bully or shame.

Old 09-15-2022, 12:06 PM

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The new TikTok generation, narcissists who will use any opportunity to grandstand on social media about how unfair life is.

Unfortunately. people continue to coddle and enable young people like this to constantly question laws and rules and act any way they want.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...bf3ab673fdde1c
They want to be able to wear crop tops with no bras and no one should look because if you look you're disgusting.

Then why the crop top with no bra at school ?

Old 09-15-2022, 12:19 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Well, it's the 1% rule.

1% of the people ruin stuff for the rest of us by abusing the situation.

So then we get lame over broad guidelines in reaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies