Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2022, 10:34 AM

17,583 posts, read 14,759,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Would you vote for Liz Cheney? She has an exemplary conservative record.
lmao

You can't answer my question so you deflect.

Please educate yourself and don't go through life just parroting talking points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2022, 10:36 AM

1,840 posts, read 682,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I suspect she's gearing up for a VP run with DeSantis. That would be a good thing.
I'm not sure of what her intent is down the road, but if it is to considered as a running mate for a Republican such as DeSantis, she could switch her positions.

At minimum, she'd have to switch to pro Life, anti-abortion for the evangelical/Christian wing of the Republican Party to not flat out reject her.

Both DeSantis and Gabbard seem to share a lot in common being anti-woke, anti-mainstream media, anti-establishment. Not even Nikki Haley, who is a Republican, veers that much into those areas, but chooses easier topics like Biden is weak, inflation caused by Dems.

While Gabbard never directly states it, she is against US assistance to Ukraine, as it is now.

If DeSantis decides to run, he will have to state his position on it.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:37 AM

16,140 posts, read 10,822,896 times
By her statement and rhetoric and terminology, it sounds like she is appealing to a growing segment of disaffected Trump voters. That would be an interesting strategy if it worked. Many of those folks are not true GOP conservatives anyway. The tone of it would appeal to the Kool-Aid drinkers who are only superficially engaged in actual policy or politics. She was the Vice-Chair of the DNC, so she had a hand in the problems she is complaining about.

Or it could be that she has just fallen and can't get up. She has some interesting and heavy baggage and won't be going much farther as a Democrat.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:37 AM

17,583 posts, read 14,759,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, I think she's still a bit too far left for me, but I respect her service to the country. I respect her patriotism.

I think both parties have their issues, to be honest. I'm not registered with either party. I vote for ideas and policies that I agree with. So far, the Dems aren't anywhere in the range of what I call center. They want to take this country in a direction that I have no interest in.
I agree - both parties have problems. I'd love to see both abolished and have all candidates run as independent voices.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:38 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,623,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I’ve followed Tulsi for a few years now. Was appalled at how the D party treated her — even calling her a Russian asset— good grief she served in our military!!

Tulsi is what the democrat party used to be when I was a democrat for 3 decades.
She is a national hero and I hope other sane democrats (if there are any left) follow in her footsteps.
Wasn't it just Hillary who did that ?

Hillary's jealous....she's never looked like Tulsi.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:38 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,692,730 times
Shes just another opportunist looking to jump onto any passing ship in the sea of slimy partisan politics. I can't believe the posts here that seem to be finding something of value in this woman's actions. To the ill informed who can't find the strength to admit that both parties have basically abandoned the will of the people in favor of their own best interests, good luck putting any faith in Gabbard.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:39 AM

4,582 posts, read 2,300,234 times
Quote:
Because none of her policy positions reflect the Democratic party.

Let's hear what you believe that her policies are?

Old 10-11-2022, 10:39 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,106,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
lmao

You can't answer my question so you deflect.

Please educate yourself and don't go through life just parroting talking points.

So your answer would be no? Why wouldn't you support Liz Cheney since she has very solid conservative creds? I suspect for the same reason I won't support Tulsi Gabbard as a Democrat.

I admit I don't like some of the stances Gabbard has taken and the way she has moved to the right. Will you admit that's the same reason you won't support Liz Cheney? Or will you pretend that it's somehow different?

Old 10-11-2022, 10:41 AM

13,618 posts, read 21,425,993 times
Quote:
Because none of her policy positions reflect the Democratic party. I don't know why someone who espouses rightwing policies and positions would pretend for so long to be a champion of the left.

No one in the Democratic party was ever fooled, though.
The truth is her positions don't fall in line with the far left who have hijacked the democratic party, there are very many democrats who agree with her, what is liberal or general terms "left", is far different from what the democratic party is now which is far left.

So your definition of what the democratic party is, is one from a far left position which is why so many are leaving and to the far left ANYBODY that is not so far left or toward the center is considered far right. Even Musk and Bill Mayer are calling it out and they have always been left of center it is just that the democratic party has gone supersonic toward the far left.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:44 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,623,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Trump Gabbard 2024

Calling it.

MAGA

As others have stated DeSantis/Gabbard 2024
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies