Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2022, 01:18 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Thank you so much for posting this. Tulsi is a very interesting, very intelligent, and potentially very inspiring woman.

My first reaction was inspiration, if not elation, despite the fact that it took her way too long to make this change. But as she continued, as she articulated conservative talking points in nearly textbook fashion, some of which are harder right than I am, it became increasingly difficult to to be sure who the real Tulsi Gabbard is.

No doubt we'll hear a lot more from her and hopefully she'll help us reconcile this new Tulsi with the 20-year Democrat she was.

Now I'm going to leap forward from the assumption that she will do that somehow to our satisfaction.

Trump/Gabbard 2024 As independents or their own new party. Talk about a winner.
Well, I think most of us agree that she sure did impress in that video. But further investigation reveals that accomplishing the blue highlighted will be a much tougher undertaking than initial gut reaction would have us hope. For years now, she has been so impressive on camera that I now must confess I had little in-depth knowledge of her.

She's got her work cut out for her, assuming her intent to take this further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2022, 01:25 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Because none of her policy positions reflect the Democratic party. I don't know why someone who espouses rightwing policies and positions would pretend for so long to be a champion of the left.

No one in the Democratic party was ever fooled, though.
Hawaii is a deep Blue state.

Old 10-11-2022, 01:34 PM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Compromise is good sometimes depending on the issue other times it is not. The left democrat position on gun control and their definition of compromise has been as far as discussion they talk and we listen, they take and we give. Even if they take some not as much as they wanted they still took and compromise on the pro 2nd amendment side is they still lost.

All of which is based on lies, banning semi auto weapons won't stop mass shooting, it won't stop crime, all of which the gun control people know, but gloss over because they have a agenda to sell.

As far as Gabbard I am willing to give her benefit of doubt to see if she has reassessed her position give know she apparently sees how the democrats are authoritarian. She did talk about that in the video.
I haven't seen much in the way of compromise on abortion, second amendment or election laws other than electoral college reforms. She is wrong on about every statement, the democrats are not the party of the far left relating to AOC and Sanders but they do have a voice. Still she was fairly moderate and could have remained to work towards moving the party to the right, her choice. A representative from Hawaii is rather insulated from many of the issues in the continental US.

To claim that democrats are authoritarian is laughable considering the actions with the supreme and the election.

Old 10-11-2022, 01:35 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
She is a democrat, the Bill Clinton’s era democrat

Not the modern day Marxist- globalist -war -monger democrat
Yep, just like 1/2 my family. My parents were JFK anti Marxist Democrats. Being a Marxists like Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza, Richard Delgado, puts you at the highest rung of the Democrat Social Justice ladder these days

Old 10-11-2022, 01:36 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
I'm hoping Sinema leaves next, and the Dems can have Warmonger Cheney
The party of what used to be open minded Democrats, has become and Orwellian Freak show

Old 10-11-2022, 01:45 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I'm hoping Sinema leaves next, and the Dems can have Warmonger Cheney
The party of what used to be open minded Democrats, has become and Orwellian Freak show
My FIL passed away about 7 or 8 years ago and he was a lifelong toe tag pro-union Democrat. I think he'd be surprised to see where the party is now.

They are the party of coastal elites, no doubt about it. Big Tech, big pharma, right down the line. I won't ever support them again until they go back more center. Get back to kitchen table issues and drop all of the silly social justice woke nonsense. Get much more realistic about Green energy as well.

Old 10-11-2022, 01:49 PM

5,209 posts, read 4,674,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
My FIL passed away about 7 or 8 years ago and he was a lifelong toe tag pro-union Democrat. I think he'd be surprised to see where the party is now.

They are the party of coastal elites, no doubt about it. Big Tech, big pharma, right down the line. I won't ever support them again until they go back more center. Get back to kitchen table issues and drop all of the silly social justice woke nonsense. Get much more realistic about Green energy as well.
Nah just stay on your fringe right. Biden is about as center as you can get and he only pays lip service to a lot of the "woke" stuff. Democrats didn't elect Bernie Sanders twice and yet still not center enough for you. Stop pretending you want to be in the center.

Old 10-11-2022, 01:50 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,332 times
She was the only Democrat left who I like and have any respect for.

I think she realizes the Democrat party left her behind when they took the bat **** crazy train.

Old 10-11-2022, 01:52 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Nah just stay on your fringe right. Biden is about as center as you can get and he only pays lip service to a lot of the "woke" stuff. Democrats didn't elect Bernie Sanders twice and yet still not center enough for you. Stop pretending you want to be in the center.
Biden is not center. He sold it that way though.

Old 10-11-2022, 01:54 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,114,806 times
I didn’t like liking her due to the D by her name, so now I can be more comfortable with it. Lol I am not as partisan as most here but I also believe Dems are too extreme these days and really would not want to vote for one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies