Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2022, 03:40 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
That pretty much sums it up.

Sometimes people with political ambitions latch on to the more popular local party to get their start. Later when they get on the national stage and the parochial issues are no longer front and center, they can seem out of step with the rest of the country.

We see this in both parties.
She needs to run for a seat in the Duma. Putin would endorse her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2022, 03:45 PM

3,417 posts, read 1,447,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoDuskMoya View Post
Correction: Tulsi is done pretending she’s a democrat.
There is no "pretending" HERE

Her record is the evidence.

Last edited by johnwk1; 10-11-2022 at 04:00 PM..

Old 10-11-2022, 04:00 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,147,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Interesting video.

I've always liked Tulsi Gabbard so this is welcome news. I could never figure out why someone like her would align with the democrat party. Well no more. She's leaving it and she lists the reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Z1x8Ou8VU&t=283s
One very smart, classy and strong woman.

Old 10-11-2022, 04:07 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
She was the only Democrat left who I like and have any respect for.

I think she realizes the Democrat party left her behind when they took the bat **** crazy train.
Michael Bennett and Tim Ryan are moderate along with several others.

Last edited by Goodnight; 10-11-2022 at 04:23 PM..

Old 10-11-2022, 04:23 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easternman View Post
I always fondly play back the debate between the US national treasure Kamala and Tulsi. Such a pleasure to watch Kamala wiping the floor with "Tulsi the spy". Go Kamala! With your honestly convincing body movements and the overwhelming sensitivity of your unique use of the American accent that always makes my eyes wet, you are the true definition of realness that's been missing so painfully for so long from the theatre of the current political landscape. Be grateful for this versatile Woman!
This is the same woman that said the US and Russia are not so different and exactly the same when it comes to suppression freedom of speech?

I give her efforts towards better relations with Russia but that goes nowhere with Putin at the helm. How does she now feel about Russia's attacks on civilians.

Last edited by Goodnight; 10-11-2022 at 04:37 PM..

Old 10-11-2022, 04:24 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
How do you explain how 61% of Americans support abortion when you deem it a far left stance?

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-most-cases-2/

It depends on how you phrase, and define it.

There's a big difference between "supporting abortion" and not wanting an outright ban.

There's a big difference between thinking abortion should be legal up to the end of the first trimester and wanting unlimited access to abortion, all the way up until the moment of childbirth.

There's a big difference between regarding abortion as a state's rights issue, and thinking it's a constitutional right.

The Devil is always in the details.

Old 10-11-2022, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
One very smart, classy and strong woman.
Opportunist is more to the point!

Old 10-11-2022, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
It depends on how you phrase, and define it.

There's a big difference between "supporting abortion" and not wanting an outright ban.

There's a big difference between thinking abortion should be legal up to the end of the first trimester and wanting unlimited access to abortion, all the way up until the moment of childbirth.

There's a big difference between regarding abortion as a state's rights issue, and thinking it's a constitutional right.

The Devil is always in the details.
Oh, come now. Why burden emotional thinkers with specifics?

Aside from that, why does the revolutionary Democrat Leadership detest each state and the people therein, being free to make their own decisions regarding abortion as our Constitution commands?

Old 10-11-2022, 04:36 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Glad she got rid of that label, whether she becomes a Republican or not. Now, maybe in '24 we can have a DeSantis/Gabbard ticket. I think it would be a winner. Both are relatively young, and both are highly intelligent - as opposed to the incumbents.
I don't think this is realistic.

She will lose the Evangelical vote. That is like knocking off one leg of a three legged stool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
The Democrats can have Liz Cheny. Good riddance.
Wow, Cheney is a reliably straight line Republican, much more so than Gabbard could ever be.

I am surprised to see this comparison made. Sure, you don't like Cheney because she calls out the January 6 shenanigans the people around Trump were up to, I get that, but she was a reliable vote in Congress for all things Republican. Votes on issues matter.

In fact, there are literally thousands of Republicans serving right now at all levels of government across the country who would make better Republican candidates than Gabbard would.

Old 10-11-2022, 04:39 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Comments on Twitter and Yahoo, calling her a Russian agent and so on, or saying they agree with her but saying the Republican party has become extreme also. Really? other than abortion how is the Republican party extreme? Tell me...

Because I can make a list of reasons why the Democratic party has become extreme, but I really want to hear why the Republican party is extreme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies