Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2022, 06:38 PM

10,874 posts, read 4,551,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
Yeah, she's an openly ambivalent opportunist, can't get her way in that party-so, I'll just jump to the next opportunity to show how effective I am. Lots of talk about the dems BS but nary a word about the GOP's insanity. Maybe an attempt to align herself with the other mentally deranged gals, Lauren and MTG.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ening-1310422/

wait, you use rolling stone mag as a political source?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2022, 06:38 PM

1,368 posts, read 489,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I get it. I like her, personally. And I’m ok with accepting certain disagreements. However, I am not ok with the one very glaring disconnect regarding the 2nd Amendment. It’s the 2nd one on the list for a reason, and it’s not subject to anyone’s ideological re-interpretation. “Shall Not” can never be allowed to mean “Can do, if there is a good argument”.

We know from decades of overt, covert, and tiny step by step methods, that the left wants to abolish the 2nd, and disarm the public, by hook, crook, or deception. There is no question about that.

Her actual position supporting an “assault weapon” ban is a direct and unmistakable assault on the 2nd Amendment. That’s the assault that needs banning.
It surprises me that she's anti 2nd. Sad. How about Kari Lake?

Old 10-11-2022, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Tulsi Gabbard was raised in what was/is essentially a cult.

this one I gotta hear....

...waiting patiently....

Old 10-11-2022, 06:41 PM

1,839 posts, read 678,031 times
Quote:
She’s a real mixed bag, isn’t she? Some of her positions simply aren’t aligned or present a consistent ideological conformity. This may explain her underlying connection to democrats, because it’s an ability only left wingers seem to possess that allows them to hold conflicting points of view without noticing any conflict.

Her climate change opinions and policies, and her hypocrisy on the 2nd Amendment are issues I cannot reconcile with her. You cannot say you defend the 2nd AMENDMENT, while promoting gun bans, and gun control. Glaring inconsistencies here, unless someone can point to the language I seem to have missed at the end of “ ….. the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed” ? Where’s the “except for gun bans and background checks and other gun control measures as deemed necessary” part? Oh, it’s not there. So, keep the paws off the guns. The right protected by the 2nd, offers no but ifs.

She’s a moderate liberal in a landscape filled with extremists. That makes her appear more rational and wise than she might otherwise be.
I don't think she is a moderate liberal at all. A moderate liberal would be someone like Susan Collins, who is a Republican, or Jon Tester of Montana, a Democrat, that is someone in the center but leaning a little left.

Gabbard, on the other hand, is a mixed bag as you mentioned, with what I think is a mix of far far right, and far far left.

Her main message is she is anti-woke, and the Democrats are war mongerers. (i.e. she doesn't support funding Ukraine and believes essentially just let the country collapse into Russia).

The issue is many of the people that left the Democratic party did so because of Democrat's overreach on other matters, not really Ukraine, but excessive lockdowns that shut down businesses in blue states by Dem governors, vaccine mandates, and taking too much guidance in people like Fauci.

She was mostly silent when all that was going on, but became anti-Biden/Dem in Biden's second year.

She raised objection to Biden's appointment of Ketanji Brown Jackson, as an example, on woke-ness. Even a Republican but minority like Nikki Haley or Tim Scott refrained to comment the way she does. Biden announced he would appoint a black woman to the SC before he became elected, and Gabbard endorsed Biden when that was known.

Last edited by g555; 10-11-2022 at 06:50 PM..

Old 10-11-2022, 06:42 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,713 times
She left a long time ago, I hope her new career at Faux news goes well for her.

Old 10-11-2022, 06:43 PM

831 posts, read 333,321 times
Welcome news! I admire her stands against the current demoncrat party, this was bound to come for sure.

Old 10-11-2022, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Nah just stay on your fringe right. Biden is about as center as you can get and he only pays lip service to a lot of the "woke" stuff. Democrats didn't elect Bernie Sanders twice and yet still not center enough for you. Stop pretending you want to be in the center.
Biden is whatever his handlers tell him to be. Please. He has no allegiance to anyone.

Old 10-11-2022, 06:50 PM

Quote:
She’s a real mixed bag, isn’t she? Some of her positions simply aren’t aligned or present a consistent ideological conformity. This may explain her underlying connection to democrats, because it’s an ability only left wingers seem to possess that allows them to hold conflicting points of view without noticing any conflict.

Her climate change opinions and policies, and her hypocrisy on the 2nd Amendment are issues I cannot reconcile with her. You cannot say you defend the 2nd AMENDMENT, while promoting gun bans, and gun control. Glaring inconsistencies here, unless someone can point to the language I seem to have missed at the end of “ ….. the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed” ? Where’s the “except for gun bans and background checks and other gun control measures as deemed necessary” part? Oh, it’s not there. So, keep the paws off the guns. The right protected by the 2nd, offers no but ifs.

She’s a moderate liberal in a landscape filled with extremists. That makes her appear more rational and wise than she might otherwise be.

well cept for 'gun control' <> 'ban guns'

I fully support quite a few people being lightened of their firearm load...

Old 10-11-2022, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
How do you explain how 61% of Americans support abortion when you deem it a far left stance?

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-most-cases-2/

correction, 61 % of americans support SOME FORM of abortion. when you throw in the 'up until and after the moment of birth' then it drops drastically to just the core ghouls in the DNC

Old 10-11-2022, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoDuskMoya View Post
Tulsi: “you guys, I’m republican”
Everyone else: “ya Tulsi, we knew, you claim democrat but everything you said was a Republican talking point, and you also spewed Russian propaganda. We all saw through it. You really thought we were that oblivious to what you were doing?”
Ahhh the use of "Russian propaganda" discredits anything after. Smh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies