Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2022, 05:27 AM

59,067 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Typical grandeur mindset. That you know it all. I ,myself, do not believe or affirm that you know every bit of the before during and after concerning the events on the capitol. Why have you not come forth publicly to our government if you have testimony to refute all the confirmed and verified under testimony evidence?
Your post #166 is the denial stance with minimizing rationale. The national guard was called in ...
So just stop with the fake qualifier.
The committee presented facts. Period. Full stop.
"The committee presented facts. Period. Full stop."

Only in your dreams!

Old 10-16-2022, 05:28 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Select Committee on Insurrection

It wasn't a "Select Committee on Insurrection".

It was a running miniseries of campaign ads for the Democrat party, given to them free by CNN and other networks, with a fake title designed to draw in the unquestioning haters across the country.

Eight (I think, does anybody listen to them?) installments, some 1-1/2 or 2 hours each.

All the exaggerations, wishful thinking, and outright Democrat lies you ever wanted, served to you for week after week, with no chances for the accused to either refute the lies, question the campaigners, or confront the witnesses.

Just wanted to correct the thread title.
Are you giving them a pass on trying to overthrow our Democracy? Maybe this will be the way we have elections going forward. The loser forms an ugly mob and attacks the police and smears feces on the walls of our Capitol in an attempt to install a president that lost. Speaking only for myself, I'm against that.

Old 10-16-2022, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Trump and Biden? Only one of them has 50 years of scandal free government service. Only one of them has had to plead the 5th 400 times and you`re lumping them together?
"Only one of them has 50 years of scandal free government service." Doing what?

And what has that one ACCOMPLISHED in all those years "on the job?

I ask before and did not get 1 single response form a single dem, what legislation did biden write that was passed by the Senate?

What did he write that became law?

Trump took a few million and turned into BILLIONS.

"only one of them has had to plead the 5th 400 time"

I expect nothing less from a kangaroo court.

Old 10-16-2022, 05:38 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Haha. Not sure anyone cares about January 6 anymore. I’m too busy dealing with the awful economic conditions that have only been exacerbated by Democrats and the Biden Administration.
I am also more interested in the economy, my investments dwindling, the southern border, increase in crime, the rules and regulations put on the oil industry and shut down of the oil and gas in this country, than a committee selected by Pelosi with those obsessed with the destruction of Trump.

They need a committee to investigate Hunter and James Biden's quid pro quo schemes to fatten the Biden's wealth, Garland for not following the law and an impeachment committee on Mayorkas.

Old 10-16-2022, 05:48 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" Judge Amit Mehta" an obama appointee. Surprise, surprise!

Many on the left cry like a baby, "packing the court", when a repub nominated judge does something they don't like and praise to high heaven every dem nominated judge. And NEVER complain about "packing the court" when THEY do it!

" to prevent, by force, intimidation, or threat, any person from accepting or holding any office"

Did biden NOT take the oath ON TIME and UNimpeded?

What was done to stop him?
U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta’s decision demonstrates the significant role an independent judiciary plays, one in which facts matter & no one can defy the law with impunity.

Here is his ruling:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...536.66.0_6.pdf

It is rather stunning that one would disregard the actual ruling & form an opinion based on the perceived willingness of a Judge to perform some sortof ‘quid pro quo’.

Not quite as stunning though as your air quote ‘legal argument’ that failure proves innocence.

Old 10-16-2022, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
^^^Tragic. Such an appalling sampling of the many posts emblematic of MAGA Republicanism which is immune to facts, bereft of decency and devoid of democracy. Very troubling and dangerous times for the United States when a major political party believes allegiance to Trump is more important than allegiance to America
Please STOP!

You act as if the dems have NEVER done it!

How do you think fdr was president for 4 TERMS!

You might to young to remember kenndy and "Camelot"

jfk and his brother, who he appomted to be the Attorney General, but when Trump used his family, the world was coming to an end,"ran around" on their wife there entire marriages.

And the rest of the kennedy clan. Heck 1 even let a young woman, one he should NOT have been with in the 1st place, DROWN and not a single thing was done about it.

Do you really want to talk about the "trailer trash" clinton's?

I am sure you recall obama being called the "Messiah"

"people in glass houses....."!

"bereft of decency and devoid of democracy." Fits many dems to a "T"! I can name many more!

Old 10-16-2022, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I KNOW people who were there and all they did was sing patriotic songs.
So what.

Beginning on page 63 is U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta‘s summary of the allegations:

Old 10-16-2022, 06:18 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Trump and Biden? Only one of them has 50 years of scandal free government service. Only one of them has had to plead the 5th 400 times and you`re lumping them together?
Not that Trump isn't a conniving shyster...but
Biden is one of the most corrupt grifters in the history of the Government.
Don't worry...when the Republicans inevitably get back control of the House, they will hold the endless payback investigations on it.
Luckily for them...they have the evidence documented on a laptop Bidens' wastecase Son he worked through was so stupid and gonzo to abandon at a repair shop (and the shop keeper turned it over) for them to work off of.
I'd also say that outright lying during the debate about that computer (that he certainly knew was real), and claiming it was "Russian Disinformation" was a scandal...since that probably wrongly swayed the election the tiny bit he needed to win.
That was, in fact, one of the main ways they "rigged" the election....and you can be sure Biden was in on it.
The election was "rigged"...just not the way (boxes of phoney ballots & manipulated voting machines) Trump and his representatives initially claimed it was.
Not that it matters...it was a choice between two corrupt shysters. We were sunk either way.
Oh, and...the '94 Crime Bill Biden authored was one of the most racist pieces of legislation in history. It killed and stripped the liberty, freedom, and possessions from hundreds of thousands of Black's & minorities.
I'd call that a scandal.
Most of what the SJWs spent a whole summer marching against, can be traced back to Joe Biden. Here's the proof:
https://youtu.be/YTJuTSg7Cbk

Old 10-16-2022, 06:19 AM

13,692 posts, read 9,011,664 times
An interesting question I saw.

Remember how then-Vice President Pence declined to enter that vehicle during the insurrection? "I will not get into that car".

We now have footage of Speaker Pelosi talking to Mr. Pence on the phone, asking about his well-being (more than Mr. Trump did), and then advising him "Don't tell anyone where you are".

Was this warning before his refusal to be whisked away? Or after?

And whom was Ms. Pelosi afraid that Mr. Pence would reveal his location to? The President?

Old 10-16-2022, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
An interesting question I saw.

Remember how then-Vice President Pence declined to enter that vehicle during the insurrection? "I will not get into that car".

We now have footage of Speaker Pelosi talking to Mr. Pence on the phone, asking about his well-being (more than Mr. Trump did), and then advising him "Don't tell anyone where you are".

Was this warning before his refusal to be whisked away? Or after?

And whom was Ms. Pelosi afraid that Mr. Pence would reveal his location to? The President?
Page 68:
President Trump had not, as promised, joined the crowd at the Capitol. Instead, he was already back at the White House by the time rioters entered the Capitol. He began watching live televised reports of the siege. He first tweeted a video of his Rally Speech. Then, about fifteen minutes after rioters had entered the Capitol building, President Trump tweeted:
Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify correct set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands truth!
Rioters at the Capitol building repeated the tweet on megaphones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies