Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2022, 02:55 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 15 days ago)

35,658 posts, read 18,021,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Is this not the same place with the BLM and rainbow flags people have been talking about? I did not catch that one way or the other.
I think that was Gypsy's compound, where he used to live when he was a left wing nutcase, a few years ago. By "compound", I mean a gathering of residences including the bus on that one run down lot.

Old 10-31-2022, 03:26 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,771,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I don't understand what he meant by that. Do you?
Picture one of the crazy drugged out homeless people wandering the streets in your community and think about what kind of coherent sensible answer you would expect to get out of them if they did something crazy.

I member a man getting attacked by a crazy homeless person in my neighborhood and he was screaming at the police that they didn’t know who this man who got attacked really was (I do, he’s just an average Grandpa who goes to work and church and hangs out at home) and yelling about white rabbits.

Sometimes crazy people are just crazy. And SF has A LOT of crazy people wandering the streets.

Last edited by MissTerri; 10-31-2022 at 03:38 PM..

Old 10-31-2022, 03:28 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 15 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Picture one of the crazy drugged out homeless people angering the streets in your community and think about what kind of coherent sensible answer you would expect to get out of them if they did something crazy.

I member a man getting attacked by a crazy homeless person in my neighborhood and he was screaming at the police that they didn’t know who this man who got attacked really was (I do, he’s just an average Grandpa who goes to work and church and hangs out at home) and yelling about white rabbits.

Sometimes crazy people are just crazy. And SF has A LOT of crazy people wandering the streets.
He wasn't homeless.

He was behaving - exactly - like those who stormed the capitol on Jan. 6 with zip ties and poles, looking for Nancy to kidnap and do who knows what else to her.

You're equating him with a nonsensical, homeless person who is unable to process what he's seeing. He's not.

This man put together a plan, and a backpack full of the tools he'd need, and got himself from Richmond to San Francisco, to the Pelosi's home, and inside the Pelosi's home.

This isn't someone in a total fugue. At all. He's just . . . brainwashed and blind in his loyalty.

Old 10-31-2022, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
There's nothing wrong with wanting to see what happened; however, you may likely not get to see that. I know if I was assaulted in my home, I wouldn't want the video released to the general public via the media. That would be very private to me. We don't generally release video of such things unless it's deemed to be a benefit to the case because it's not fair to the victim or the perpetrator who needs to get a fair trial. I assume there are obviously situations that demand that and with permissions, it's done.

The bodycam footage will be used at the trial. There will be jurors there that will see it. That's our system.
Bodycam footage are public records. So are 911 calls. It doesn’t matter if someone doesn’t want them released.

Old 10-31-2022, 03:30 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,738,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No one is saying he was rational in his beliefs and actions and affiliations.
Yeah, he was a crazy drug addicted hippie nudist climate activist who made and peddled hemp trinkets. If that doesn't scream MAGA conservative I don't know what does!!!

3,048 posts, read 1,155,568 times
I don't know what's up with Mr. DePape, but I do hope he gets the help he needs. I am saddened to know that he'd had no contact with his family for many years. He apparently had nobody in his life to help him when he started to go off the rails. As someone with a family member who has mental health problems, I know firsthand that a loving, attentive family and a stable living environment can make a big difference.

Last edited by kj1065; 10-31-2022 at 03:41 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So for the last two years, he's lived in a garage apartment on Shasta Street, Richmond CA.

When I looked on Google Streetview, I didn't see a house that looks like that shack we've been seeing in the pictures, where he lived in the past.

This apparently move occurred approximately the same timeframe he started ranting online about right wing conspiracies, and also roughly the same time the nudist leader and mother of his kids Oxane "Gypsy" Taub went into the prison system.
That’s weird that the neighbor Trish who was interviewed said he lived in the bus in front of the hippie house. It seems like we get two different stories on every point.

Old 10-31-2022, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Is this not the same place with the BLM and rainbow flags people have been talking about? I did not catch that one way or the other.
The neighbor of the hippie house said David lived in the bus out front so it’s very peculiar to suddenly hear he had an apartment in a neighboring city.

Old 10-31-2022, 03:34 PM

Quote:
That’s weird that the neighbor Trish who was interviewed said he lived in the bus in front of the hippie house. It seems like we get two different stories on every point.
He had lived there, at some point, likely before Oxane went to prison, and before the tenor of his beliefs switched sides.

And then, she left. And at that point (putting the timeline together) he left, for whatever reason, and switched political beliefs from far far left to far far right conspiracy believer.

I don't know what to tell you about his neighbor "Trish", but the charging documents say he's living in Richmond on Shasta Street for 2 years, and that was confirmed by the property owner.

Old 10-31-2022, 03:36 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,512,624 times
Quote:
The neighbor of the hippie house said David lived in the bus out front so it’s very peculiar to suddenly hear he had an apartment in a neighboring city.
Maybe he went back and forth? Not sure, but his kids may still live in the hippie house. The one daughter stated she was on good terms with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies