Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why did the republicans red wave fail?
Trump republicans and their radical views 44 15.44%
Jan 6 failed coup attempt 2 0.70%
Election lies 24 8.42%
abortion rights 49 17.19%
all of the above 166 58.25%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 06:27 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,037,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Up to the states, and the guy who was running for Governor voted to ban it.
He stated several times when it was up for the vote that his personal feelings would remain separate from his official stance. He did not vote "with no exception" and very few politicians did. Fetal viability, harm to the mother, rape and incest were always exceptions for most who opposed abortion. Where he went wrong was stating that NYS law would not be affected by the SCOTUS overturn. Which is true, except that dodge was bad optics for Zeldin. In my opinion, he could have explained his stance better & perhaps won over a segment of voters who otherwise don't like Hochul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2022, 06:27 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So you're saying it's already a conspiracy theory even though you agree it will be a run off under the new rules.
Kari Lake and Fann? I expect the conspiracy to unfold shortly.

Kari Lake last night "we had a big day today and don't let any of those cheaters and crooks tell you different".

She will make a great governor.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:28 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Or maybe people didn't want Roe v. Wade overturned because they knew if you overturn something like that which has been in effect for 50 years, then gay marriage or any number of other things could be overturned as well. It wouldn't have stopped at Roe v. Wade and people are smart enough to see that.
Did you not see i mentioned abortion ?

It was bad legislation to begin with. SCOTUS decision, no matter how much people disliked it, was true to the Constitution.
I didn't want to see it, and i don't want gay marriage overturned, nor the 2A attacked, what i do want to see is our Constitution followed. Either way, prop 3 here in MI passed so abortion is legal. So, that issue is put to rest. Hopefully the same happened in your state.

Again, how was the market today ? How did your investments do today ? Ours took a hit, just like they have since 2020, although, my wife and i can still get an abortion....so there's that.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:37 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Oh wow. I gave up hope for Lake last night at 3am when there was an 11-point gap. Now it's less than 1! Did they count ANY of Maricopa county yesterday? Glad to see Laxalt still ahead in Nevada.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:39 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
He stated several times when it was up for the vote that his personal feelings would remain separate from his official stance. He did not vote "with no exception" and very few politicians did. Fetal viability, harm to the mother, rape and incest were always exceptions for most who opposed abortion. Where he went wrong was stating that NYS law would not be affected by the SCOTUS overturn. Which is true, except that dodge was bad optics for Zeldin. In my opinion, he could have explained his stance better & perhaps won over a segment of voters who otherwise don't like Hochul.
His voting record during his six terms in the House regarding abortion related issues was quite clear and he couldn't run from it mo matter how hard he tried.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:41 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Did they call the Nevada gubernatorial race? I thought the Democrat won that but the Republican is now back on top, 5 points ahead. This just keeps getting better and better.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:52 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
90%+ of his endorsements have won, what planet do you live on?
https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/09/polit...024/index.html

Palm Beach, Florida
CNN
—
Donald Trump wanted to catapult himself into a third presidential campaign with a wave of Republican midterm gains behind him. Instead, he emerges from Tuesday’s underwhelming election night facing questions about his political future and with the momentum behind Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, potentially his potential chief nemesis in a 2024 primary.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/202...t.cnn-business
Media calls out Trump for GOP's underwhelming midterm election

While the outcome of some races remained too close to call, news hosts, reporters and guests focused on underwhelming results for Republicans nationwide and Democrats in Florida - with plenty of Trump talk in between.
02:16 - Source: CNN Business

Trump's is going to be the whipping boy.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:54 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Of course not but they tend to be in favor of the procedure more so than Republicans!
At least publicly. Not so sure privately. I’d say it’s even steven

Old 11-09-2022, 06:58 PM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Kari Lake and Fann? I expect the conspiracy to unfold shortly.

Kari Lake last night "we had a big day today and don't let any of those cheaters and crooks tell you different".

She will make a great governor.
Indeed she will, she's going to win comfortably.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:58 PM

1,052 posts, read 452,845 times
AZ Secretary of State decided they'll only release 30K ballots just now. As expected, they are somewhat favorable to the cat lady (who also happens to be SoS). 620K votes left. They are Playing psychological games on the voters at this point.

Can anyone tell me this is normal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies