Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 06:32 AM

6,823 posts, read 14,039,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Pence is a nice guy, and nice guys finish last.

We need someone with the testicles of a bull, and claws of a bear to fight the evil side.

I'm sorry but Trump has a history of killing careers. I'm not DeSantis fan but he is smart enough to read the tea leaves. He knows Trump is toxic and it is not risking his career for him.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:33 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Other than Fox and right-wing radio- when has the media ever been pro-Trump. The secret to his success was literally goading the media into covering his every utterance with a fervent terror.

I am not a Trump fan but you have to admit DeSantis is basically operating completely out of the Trump playbook- with the exception of busing migrants which he copied from Greg Abbott. If I was an R I would think long & hard about leaving Trump simply because he/his family are a better campaign operation than anyone in the last 20 years. I'm not sure DeSantis would delve as deep into smaller markets/rural areas to turn out the same voters Trump did.
They won one and lost one..

Within the last 20 years, the Bush 43 campaign operation improved to 2-0, and the Obama campaign operation was 2-0.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:37 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,401,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Other than Fox and right-wing radio- when has the media ever been pro-Trump. The secret to his success was literally goading the media into covering his every utterance with a fervent terror.

I am not a Trump fan but you have to admit DeSantis is basically operating completely out of the Trump playbook- with the exception of busing migrants which he copied from Greg Abbott. If I was an R I would think long & hard about leaving Trump simply because he/his family are a better campaign operation than anyone in the last 20 years. I'm not sure DeSantis would delve as deep into smaller markets/rural areas to turn out the same voters Trump did.
You would have to go back to maybe the 1980s. I was a young kid back then and Trump was actually a media darling.he was for a time a symbol of success and resilience. The come back kid, the guy who would go broke and always come back fighting his way to the top. Now he is just a guy that went bankrupt.

However back in the day he was on the front page and a wide audience read the news to see what his latest ventures would bring. More than a few kids grew up wishing they were rich just like Trump. The notion that the media always hated Trump is just blatantly false.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:48 AM

3,695 posts, read 2,415,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Trump lost 2 debates to a walking corpse. His loss to Brandon is as embarrassing as Oz losing to Fetterman. DeSantis is a sharpened tip of the spear for conservatives the last 4 years. He has been pushing back against the Media, Biden admin, and corporations for their woke agendas. He has been doing so effectively more so that any other GOP figure.

Trump has the ego of a fragile boy. His narcissism motivates him to do everything in the best interest of his ego. DeSantis is a man and a leader of men; his actions are purely focused on improving the lives of his voters.

You put the two on the same stage against each other and Ronny D will fillet him standing.
I totally agree.

TRUMP IS DONE AS DINNER!!!

Old 11-09-2022, 06:49 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,083,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I'm sorry but Trump has a history of killing careers. I'm not DeSantis fan but he is smart enough to read the tea leaves. He knows Trump is toxic and it is not risking his career for him.
#ETTD

No denying that....endless stream of Rudies out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
You would have to go back to maybe the 1980s. I was a young kid back then and Trump was actually a media darling.he was for a time a symbol of success and resilience. The come back kid, the guy who would go broke and always come back fighting his way to the top. Now he is just a guy that went bankrupt.

However back in the day he was on the front page and a wide audience read the news to see what his latest ventures would bring. More than a few kids grew up wishing they were rich just like Trump. The notion that the media always hated Trump is just blatantly false.
NYC Resident during that period of time. Trump was known as a dirtbag back then who cheated and charmed his way through life. He was, and is, a great charlatan. He screwed Wall Street out of millions (hence he had to turn to Russia and Saudi Arabia for funding of his ponzi-scheme like ventures) and was known as a philanderer with a constant stream of "professional" women who frequently made the front page of the Post for being glamorous sluts.

Trump always wanted to be an "A list" celeb, but nobody would touch such a low life. His constant bragging in a city like New York, where the billionaires are very real and could buy a Trump for breakfast and forget they had done it by lunch, was eschewed as the rantings of a clown.

The media loved trump, yes, because he always gave them something salacious to write about. Business failures, divorce, rantings ofr a lunatic, full page ads to hang the innocent, and a never ending trail of destruction--self induced. Geat for selling papers.

But at the end of the day, just like now, he was known as a failure in the business and social worlds.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:51 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,696,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
I totally agree.

TRUMP IS DONE AS DINNER!!!
Yep, thank goodness. Maybe the Republicans will return to being a rational party. If they do, the Dems are in trouble.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:55 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Trump always wanted to be an "A list" celeb, but nobody would touch such a low life. His constant bragging in a city like New York, where the billionaires are very real and could buy a Trump for breakfast and forget they had done it by lunch, was eschewed as the rantings of a clown.
Dang, that is one colorful description!

Old 11-09-2022, 07:01 AM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
I’m independent, (former Dem) but now lean pretty conservative.
If the Rs don’t dump Trump now, it will show us they are still wimps and lacking governing integrity and common sense..
We now have some very capable Rs to replace Trump in the primary — DeSantis, Pompeo, Noem, Cruz, Abbott, Rubio, etc
(Wish Tom Cotton hadnt bowed out!)

Old 11-09-2022, 07:08 AM

6,823 posts, read 14,039,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I’m independent, (former Dem) but now lean pretty conservative.
If the Rs don’t dump Trump now, it will show us they are still wimps and lacking governing integrity and common sense..
We now have some very capable Rs to replace Trump in the primary — DeSantis, Pompeo, Noem, Cruz, Abbott, Rubio, etc
(Wish Tom Cotton hadnt bowed out!)

Most republicans knew Trump was toxic but since he had a chokehold on the base they decided to go with him. They find themselves in a pickle. They can't win with him and they can't move forward without him. After the midterms your gonna see many republicans publicly come out and say it is time to move on from Trump. They are going to side with McConnell who has been saying this for the last two years.

Old 11-09-2022, 07:56 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,982,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
DeSantis does not have Trump's personality, if they were to trade insults on the debate stage, I expect Trump to win that.

Trump is better at marketing, DeSantis at governing. Debates and elections are all about marketing.

In 2018, DeSantis barely won. I didn't even vote for him. He probably won due to Trump.
In 2022, he opened up a can of whoop a$$ on Democrats everywhere. The difference is his record. Marketing alone, DeSantis floundered in 2018, but by 2022 we all knew his record, and liked him.

If he runs on the national stage, most won't really know his record. They will just see what he markets his brand as, and as stated, marketing is not his strong suit.

You're not getting it.. Trump would be throwing insults while DeSantis would be running circles around him on policies and leadership. Biden made trump look like a fool on the debate stage and that guy is dead. Trumpsters just have a blind spot and don't understand his weaknesses that are clearly apparent to everyone else. DeSantis will drive the spear into Trump's candidacy in one debate; similar to how Tulsi took down Kamala's presidential run with 1 question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies