Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 05:57 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times

Advertisements

Miss Greater Derry is a man. What a surprise.

Last edited by MissTerri; 11-09-2022 at 06:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2022, 06:03 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,961,729 times
The Miss America Pageant used to be a huge event - families across the US would pop popcorn and sit in front of their tv's with their lists of the girls they thought would win. Very heavily marketed, much watched.

They're totally and completely irrelevant now, and it's likely this is an attempt to get themselves in front of the American public again - at any cost.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:08 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The Miss America Pageant used to be a huge event - families across the US would pop popcorn and sit in front of their tv's with their lists of the girls they thought would win. Very heavily marketed, much watched.

They're totally and completely irrelevant now, and it's likely this is an attempt to get themselves in front of the American public again - at any cost.
Well, how far back are we talking when it was like that........and what was the cable TV competition then? I remember watching in the 70s where the other channels I was seeing was just the other affiliates in other nearby cities. Maybe a handful of independents but back then, there wasn't even a WGN.

So maybe it is not fair to compare the Pageant to back then unless you are talking about a back then that had the massive number of dedicated cable channels that we know now.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, how far back are we talking when it was like that........and what was the cable TV competition then? I remember watching in the 70s where the other channels I was seeing was just the other affiliates in other nearby cities. Maybe a handful of independents but back then, there wasn't even a WGN.

So maybe it is not fair to compare the Pageant to back then unless you are talking about a back then that had the massive number of dedicated cable channels that we know now.
I'm thinking the 60's and early 70's. What killed the show - entertainment value wise - was when all the contestants had a real talent to display. Excellent musicians, accomplished ballet dancers, etc. It just wasn't fun anymore. The fun part was watching someone get up there and halfway juggle, or extremely amateur gymnastics, or poetic interpretation. Good times, there.

It's just, also, not politically correct to judge women on their bodies and faces, and make them parade across the stage dog show style, turning this way and that.

But it sure was fun while lasted - and it will never return to that height.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

This is a small regional pageant in NH. It has nothing to do with trying to get people to watch Miss America on TV again. This is just woke culture on display. This kind of thing, boys and men pretending to be women, is becoming more and more common and the left embraces it.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:25 PM

This young man took scholarship money from the young women he is photographed with. How woke. How progressive.

https://thenationaldesk.com/news/ame...t-brian-nguyen

Old 11-09-2022, 06:41 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,751,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I am old. I remember when women in Playboy and SI did not have tatoos or piercings.
Me too. You also didn’t get a gynecologists view as well.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:47 PM

29,471 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Big Brian, winning the scho-lar-ship !! Such a proud moment for women.
Attached Thumbnails
HUGE Trans Man Wins New Hampshire Beauty Contest – Weighs Twice as Much as Closest Competitor-screenshot_20221109-203844_chrome.jpg  

Old 11-09-2022, 06:53 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,608,104 times
How long before a Woman of the Year magazine cover and invitation to the White House?

Old 11-09-2022, 06:56 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
Are we sure that he/she/they/them is not wearing a fat suit like Whoopi Goldberg likes to do?

The world is getting a bit strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies