Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 04:38 PM

11,483 posts, read 6,002,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Either way gay people deserve the same rights and happiness as anybody else. That said I would expect that today with the data metrics and information that is available gay people were maybe under counted in the past. You could literally drop a straight guy off in a gay bar and he would enjoy his drinks until somebody told him.

I agree.

I recognize they finally have the same rights and pursuit of happiness as everyone else. Sometimes, they even get special treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 04:43 PM

11,483 posts, read 6,002,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
It reminds me of people who can't afford a good life style in the USA and move to some crap heap like Panama. They will proclaim how great it is. The reality is all things being equal they moved there for the purchasing power and it isn't really better. I live in west Virginia and for what I have it's great. But if could afford beachfront liv8ng in Laguna beach I wouldn't be here.
I sold a home in California. With massive Bidenflation and the 0% rate Fed caused post-Covid housing boom, I lost a ton of buying power moving to Tennessee and might end up with a home that is not as nice as my California home.

Money was not the problem. I have always wanted to live east of the Mississippi. All of my California co-workers thought I was nuts, as none of them were born in California. They all moved in from Boston, DC, Michigan, Buffalo, Texas, along with all of the immigrants. Everybody thought I was nuts for wanting to leave CA. I like all there is to see and do on the east coast and now I am just a day's drive away.

Old 11-22-2022, 04:45 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,399,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I agree.

I recognize they finally have the same rights and pursuit of happiness as everyone else. Sometimes, they even get special treatment.

There is no way to make life fair for everybody all of the time. I would imagine you feel women get more rights at times, yet accept it. That's how it works you pick your battles.

Old 11-22-2022, 04:46 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,399,736 times
Quote:
I sold a home in California. With massive Bidenflation and the 0% rate Fed caused post-Covid housing boom, I lost a ton of buying power moving to Tennessee and might end up with a home that is not as nice as my California home.

Money was not the problem. I have always wanted to live east of the Mississippi. All of my California co-workers thought I was nuts, as none of them were born in California. They all moved in from Boston, DC, Michigan, Buffalo, along with all of the immigrants. Everybody thought I was nuts for wanting to leave CA. I like all there is to see and do on the east coast and now I am just a day's drive away.
Okay I am always interested to hear things like this. I have spent a lot of time in TN and like the place. To stay on topic I hope TN has 10% gay representation in the future. Lol

Old 11-22-2022, 05:33 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Not necessarily. Hypotheticals might be a thing.
Darn! - walked right into that, didn't I? One of the better poster name/post combos I've seen for a while.

Old 11-22-2022, 05:50 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Darn! - walked right into that, didn't I? One of the better poster name/post combos I've seen for a while.

You sure did! And thank you!

Old 11-22-2022, 05:54 PM

15,439 posts, read 7,491,963 times
Quote:
All of my adult life, the ratio of Americans who were gay was about 3%

During all of that time, the party line was that the 3% who were gay were born that way. That this was not a lifestyle choice, but a born attribute that is natural and unchangeable.

So now we are up 10%.

For the additional 7%, it must be a lifestyle choice. Which begs the question about some of the base 3%.
I first heard 10% over 30 years ago.

Keep in mind that humans are all on a spectrum. For sexuality, there's the strictly gay/lesbian at one end, strictly straight at the other end, not picky in the middle of the left end, asexual in there somewhere, and let's not forget the celibate by choice.

Old 11-22-2022, 05:56 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
I am a lifelong native born Californian who moved to Tennessee 18 months ago. I don't miss living in California a single bit, beyond Yosemite NP and Lake Tahoe.

I moved here for several reasons. Politics/laws/regulations/freedom was not even my top reason, but at least weekly I see or read something about California that reminds me of how glad I am not to live there anymore whether it is this article, or banning gasoline powered vehicles, or soaring crime.

I could not care less if people want to be not straight or recognize they are not straight, I am just sick to death of hearing about it and the media/schools treating it like it is intrinsically superior. Enlightened. Brave. Aspirational. Being gay or trans does not make one a hero.
Nicely said, two thumbs-up.
I hear that lake Tahoe isnt what use to be.

Old 11-22-2022, 05:59 PM

984 posts, read 442,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I don't care about the channel.

It's troubling that companies are not in control of the products that they are selling.

What if LGBTQ decided that every Christian bookstore had to have a section of gay books?
Did someone go in with a gun to the executive's head and physically force them to include minorities in their programming?

Or did the government threaten to shut them down?

If one of those things happened, I agree that it's troubling.

Since I don't think either of those things happened, it looks like you're upset that they made a business decision to listen to their viewers and that those viewers had a different opinion than you.

Old 11-22-2022, 06:13 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Lgbtq dont have children and are able to further their careers and do things such as politics. .
You sound jealous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies