Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What are your views on the Covid Vaccine?
I took the first Vaccine 18 9.23%
I took the first Vaccine and Boosters 75 38.46%
I did not take the Vaccine 79 40.51%
I took the Vaccine but regret it 23 11.79%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2022, 10:12 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,761,938 times

Advertisements

I understand doctors have differing opinions as well but feel they should speak what they believe vs what they are expected to. My wife has gone to the doctor several times for an issue shes only had since getting the vaccine. The doctors say it has nothing to do with the vaccine yet other nurses at this practice have told her since the vaccine they have seen a huge increase in patients experiencing similiar side effects. Regardless, as mentioned its good to have different opinions but i think its good to also get a second opinion. Im fine dropping dead from covid but would be pretty upset (so to speak) if it happened from the vaccine instead, lol.

Old 12-02-2022, 10:14 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I understand doctors have differing opinions as well but feel they should speak what they believe vs what they are expected to. My wife has gone to the doctor several times for an issue shes only had since getting the vaccine. The doctors say it has nothing to do with the vaccine yet other nurses at this practice have told her since the vaccine they have seen a huge increase in patients experiencing similiar side effects. Regardless, as mentioned its good to have different opinions but i think its good to also get a second opinion. Im fine dropping dead from covid but would be pretty upset (so to speak) if it happened from the vaccine instead, lol.
I know many docs, but none that promotes medical misinformation.

Old 12-02-2022, 04:34 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Personal experience would tell me differently. I rely on real life data to form my opinion and I wish more people did the same because it should be up to the individual to choose. I see these commercials on tv for drugs that have worse side effects than what they are trying to cure, why would I take that? But there are people that do because a doctor recommends it.
You have seen from the responses on here from some of the "doctors" that they would not hesitate to withhold information from their patients. That is just wrong to me.

Old 12-02-2022, 04:36 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,090,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I know many docs, but none that promotes medical misinformation.
They did in the beginning of Covid.

No doctor would advocate for a cloth face mask, made on a home sewing machine, as practical protection against a viral disease with droplets smaller than 40 micron. But they did. In the interest of not creating a panic buying spree on N95 masks, the narrative that cloth masks were effective in protecting wearers against Covid. No doctors were going on TV telling everyone that only morons believe this silly storyline.
Silence in consensus.

Old 12-02-2022, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
They did in the beginning of Covid.

No doctor would advocate for a cloth face mask, made on a home sewing machine, as practical protection against a viral disease with droplets smaller than 40 micron. But they did. In the interest of not creating a panic buying spree on N95 masks, the narrative that cloth masks were effective in protecting wearers against Covid. No doctors were going on TV telling everyone that only morons believe this silly storyline.
Silence in consensus.
In retrospect you are probably correct. But in the early throws of the Pandemic with next to no solid knowledge, only an idiot would turn down a cloth mask while sitting in an ER full of coughing patients.

Old 12-02-2022, 04:54 PM

Quote:
In retrospect you are probably correct. But in the early throws of the Pandemic with next to no solid knowledge, only an idiot would turn down a cloth mask while sitting in an ER full of coughing patients.
We knew in 2020 the importance of respirator protection. NIOSH (a part of CDC) established federal standards of respiratory protection long before Covid. The anthrax scares after 9-11, meth lab response efforts, all clearly laid out the risks of under-protection with respirators. Travesty that we, as a nation, were led astray by politicians that advocated for eye-candy of homemade cloth masks. Were masks suppose to protect the wearer or the public?

Does everyone remember the Ebola patients coming back from Africa into the U.S? Did we tell them just to wear a mask and go bout their business?

All that happened as a result of Covid is a complete loss of confidence in the CDC. Government messaging is now officially a fake news with some external motives. Now even a hurricane evacuation is suspect, thanks to Covid ruining any leftover trust in government messaging. Welcome to The Brave New World.

Old 12-02-2022, 05:07 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
What side effects have been hidden?
It has to do with the mRNA, and what they knew from the studies, and now, of course, everyone knows the side effects, well, if they give a darn!

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34100279/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5906799/

A review of possible unintended consequences of the COVID vaccines (or maybe intended):

https://dpbh.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/dp...1/SENEFF~1.PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Everything in health care has a risk to reward. Also want to get your information from proper studies not pseudoscience. You can't reject the vaccine, and accept modern healthcare for other diseases like cancer, heart attack, and a serious injury.

Your calling 911 if your spouse is having a heart attack your not looking up what to do on tinfoil hat website you pull Coivd-19 vaccine information from. The truth is most here reject the vaccine because in their minds it has something to do with Joe Biden, and the democrats.
Yes, you can reject an mRNA vaccine based on its "merits", as it is a new technology that has been trying to get its foot in the door for at least a couple of decades, but due to the issues of blood clotting and autoimmune disease in the studies, only was it released for "emergency use only". See the above studies, and as of 2018, the blood clotting and autoimmune (most serious) side effects had not been mitigated - think heart attacks and strokes!

This was an entirely new type of vaccine, and I actually would think that anyone that took it would know that! Whatever your sources are, I suggest you expand them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Well, the most important one to me is the one I got. I won't write it all out again, because you would deny it anyway. Just go to several independent sites and you can find reports of numerous side effects.
I think once you have partaken of the vaccine, one probably doesn't want to know. Far too many fall in line, and I always wondered why during the Holocaust, people just rolled with it, and when I saw them lining up in cars waiting to be injected with an experimental vaccine, an entirely new type of vaccine like nothing before, I understood. I guess it is "herd" mentality at work. I read the study early on during the first couple of months of the panic that sat in, and something like a bad cold or flu versus possible blood clotting or autoimmune disease - easiest choice I ever made in my life!

Old 12-02-2022, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
We knew in 2020 the importance of respirator protection. NIOSH (a part of CDC) established federal standards of respiratory protection long before Covid. The anthrax scares after 9-11, meth lab response efforts, all clearly laid out the risks of under-protection with respirators. Travesty that we, as a nation, were led astray by politicians that advocated for eye-candy of homemade cloth masks. Were masks suppose to protect the wearer or the public?

Does everyone remember the Ebola patients coming back from Africa into the U.S? Did we tell them just to wear a mask and go bout their business?

All that happened as a result of Covid is a complete loss of confidence in the CDC. Government messaging is now officially a fake news with some external motives. Now even a hurricane evacuation is suspect, thanks to Covid ruining any leftover trust in government messaging. Welcome to The Brave New World.
Early in the Pandemic we had next to no proper protection where I live. With my wife's early and near fatal case, I had to give the paramedic crew my stuff since only 1 out of 4 were properly protected. So we did the best we could with what we had.

Old 12-02-2022, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Early in the Pandemic we had next to no proper protection where I live. With my wife's early and near fatal case, I had to give the paramedic crew my stuff since only 1 out of 4 were properly protected. So we did the best we could with what we had.
It’s interesting that Fauci has said he didn’t made any mistakes nor regrets anything. So the equivalent of losing a football game, the losing coach is saying he liked the outcome. Nothing would have changed. Yet somehow, Fauci thinks he’s book material, not criminally liable nor accountable.

Old 12-02-2022, 07:37 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think once you have partaken of the vaccine, one probably doesn't want to know. Far too many fall in line, and I always wondered why during the Holocaust, people just rolled with it, and when I saw them lining up in cars waiting to be injected with an experimental vaccine, an entirely new type of vaccine like nothing before, I understood. I guess it is "herd" mentality at work. I read the study early on during the first couple of months of the panic that sat in, and something like a bad cold or flu versus possible blood clotting or autoimmune disease - easiest choice I ever made in my life!
No-one made that information available to me. For my second shot I was informed of a list of possible side effects, none of which were death or permanent disability. No mention of blood clots or autoimmune disease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies