Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 06:54 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times

Advertisements

Now this is the May surprise that may make McCain run from Bush.
Politics, Political News, Campaign 2008 - Politico.com - Politico.com

Turn to CNN. Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh BUSH lied about Iraq etc. This is from his spokesperson. It is breaking news.

Former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan writes in a surprisingly scathing memoir to be published next week that President Bush “veered terribly off course,” was not “open and forthright on Iraq,” and took a “permanent campaign approach” to governing at the expense of candor and competence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 11:15 PM

403 posts, read 749,108 times
Well, McClellan like Powell just promoted all the Bush's lies and now regret it. Why not just resign when things are going wrong and let american people know about it? What's wrong with that, guys? Loyal soliders(powell and McClellan) make bad americans. Of course, I am pretty sure some of the facts(along with some lies) are coming out just to cover his ass.

My favorite is, "liberal media was too easy on Bush". LOL.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:32 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,770,186 times
Mr. McClellan is more than a day late and a dollar short. Had he any integrity or honor, he would have spoken up at the time, but instead he continued to push and defend the administration's agenda. Now, during the last months of Bush's presidency, he decides to publish a memoir and come clean. It seems to me, he's just looking to make a buck. Well, I'm not buying his book because what he has to say is old news. Some people figured it out years ago.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:42 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Yup.

Evidence of Junior's incompetence just grows and grows.
And to think he was the Republican Party's "best choice".
Pretty pathetic.

The truth of the matter is, they should have nominated McCain BACK THEN - but of course Karl Rove and company put an end to that real quick by hinting that McCain was possibly "mentally unbalanced" by his time in a North Vietnamese POW camp. I remember I was sickened at the time by the way they cruicified McCain.

Dirty politics on the Republican side then - and dirty politics on the Republican side now.

Ken

Old 05-27-2008, 11:50 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,004,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Mr. McClellan is more than a day late and a dollar short. Had he any integrity or honor, he would have spoken up at the time, but instead he continued to push and defend the administration's agenda. Now, during the last months of Bush's presidency, he decides to publish a memoir and come clean. It seems to me, he's just looking to make a buck. Well, I'm not buying his book because what he has to say is old news. Some people figured it out years ago.
Hit the nail on the head. On top of that we all know the Bush lies yet this fool writes a book about it after he defended it for so long.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:52 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
NANCY PELOSI, WAKE THE HELL UP AND IMPEACH THIS SOB!

What I dont understand, is how there are still going to be a chorus of Bush apologists screeching at the top of their lungs in defense of the President's heinous actions.

Theyre a bunch of liars and crooks, the whole lot of them and hope the fallout of this relevation sticks with them till the day they leave office in the disgraced manner they deserve.

Barack Obama 2008, Yes We Can!

Old 05-27-2008, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

What I dont understand, is how there are still going to be a chorus of Bush apologists screeching at the top of their lungs in defense of the President's heinous actions.

Theyre a bunch of liars and crooks, the whole lot of them and hope the fallout of this relevation sticks with them till the day they leave office in the disgraced manner they deserve.

Never gonna happen because that will not get her anything. Wake up please.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:56 PM

Quote:

What are they???

Old 05-28-2008, 12:01 AM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Never gonna happen because that will not get her anything. Wake up please.
Apparently,
those of us who opposed the invasion of Iraq werent the ones asleep at the wheel.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Apparently,
those of us who opposed the invasion of Iraq werent the ones asleep at the wheel.
Right since that is easy for you to say now and against the american public at the time all we have is your word. Judging from your post that does not mean much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies