Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2022, 08:01 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,648,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Where are you getting these percentages?

Women themselves have already come up with reasonable compromises as most abortions are done before 15 weeks.

There isn't a lot of incentive to compromise with Republicans when there is 50 years of history of the far right pro-life contingent being allowed to chip away at womens rights under the law.

The day after the compromise their devious plans would start again lol.

This isn't 1973 where women need to just accept whatever legislators or courts dole out. Women will be playing for keeps this time imo. Federal law, law in all 50 states, constitutional amendment.

This battle is just getting started and I doubt it will be solved by compromise.
You sound like the Slavers that wanted to maintain the right to persecute others...because that had been the law.

The SCOTUS just ruled...killing babies by abortion was never a "Constitutional Right" and never should have been sanctioned on a Federal level. They corrected the error.
Just like the SCOTUS fixed the error of the "Dred Scott" decision. The Federal Government should have never sanctioned slavery and allowed Blacks to be considered "property".

Who knows...maybe the "Baby Killing" issue will have to be settled the same way the "Enslave Negros" issue was settled. The battle is just getting started.
And that's a good thing...we should not let innocent babies be wantonly killed any more than we should have let Blacks be enslaved.

Old 11-27-2022, 08:06 PM

3,070 posts, read 1,739,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
To put it in layman‘s terms and give an example of basically what’s happening with this woke movement specifically regarding the now 97 different genders that they claim to be….is the equivalent of someone who is in a wheelchair demanding that everyone else also live their life in a wheelchair. And they’re trying to label this as “all inclusive“. But that’s not how it works nor how it should work. They want us all to be in the wheelchair. So that a few people who are in wheelchairs don’t feel left out. As a society we should accommodate, be accepting, make things as easy as possible for those who are disabled and in a wheelchair. We should be sympathetic and understanding of them. But we do not have to become them. We do not have to sever our spine and live our life in a wheelchair. This is basically what the extreme left is wanting everyone to do with regards to gender. They want there to be none. Or an endless scenario of different genders. When for 10’s of thousands of years, the world has recognized two genders. Male and female. They want all of that to change over a decade. Lol
Wow great post!

Old 11-27-2022, 08:09 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,435,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Pew Research.

And tell us, what % of "most are done within 15 weeks" are done. I believe the # is > 95%, maybe even > 98%.

Again, these are the issues. The MSM and the "pro choice" want us to believe there's a large # that are for physical/health issues, potential death of the mother, non-viability of the child etc.

The reality is that folks choose to say "birth control and abortion are completely separate topics" when indeed, approximately 19 of 20 abortions are performed for birth control purposes.
The first stats I pulled up show 95% as well, but they don't include a few of the larger states so that might not be exactly accurate.

Your take on what MSM and pro-choice folks want anyone to believe is on you. The facts are clearly available to anyone who has 5 seconds to google.

Pro-choice women are not apologizing for fighting to preserve the right to elective abortion for no reason other than their choice. Of course, having an education and a job, being able to feed yourself, put a roof over your head as well as doing the same for a newborn and any already existing children you have is definitely going to impact the health and well being of any woman and her family..........probably for the entirety of her life.

We can talk about birth control when Republicans get the far right out of the way of effective sex education in our schools.

Old 11-27-2022, 08:12 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'll ask the same question I've asked in other threads... How is changing laws to reduce the killing of 450,000 females per year "removing women's rights?" Do tell...

Looks to me like that preserves women's rights. ...Or did you forget that abortion kills about 450,000 females per year?
What gives anyone the authority or right to make decisions for someone else’s body.

Old 11-27-2022, 08:47 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,010,807 times
Quote:
it's a misnomer that they need "total autonomy over their bodies" after about week 12.

see, you're actually part of the vast middle, you just don't know it yet. There is a substantial portion that will tell you to your face - "No, it should be her choice only". At the least, there are friendly docs (like the 1 in Indiana that ran to the press) that will do WHATEVER to advance the pro-choice/abortion agenda.

If you were a rational person and you read "my" link, then you would have come back and said "Wow, there aren't 15 states that have total bans on abortion" - which was your original statement. That is the bare minimum.

You might even do a "mea culpa" and admit that less than 3 have anything remotely like "total ban" .... they ALL have "life of the mother" and almost all have "viability of the child" as qualifiers that would allow a medical procedure all the way to delivery.

Yet you support "pro choice" statements that would say "The right wants women to be near death just to deliver a dead baby" - as reported by numerous media outlets from May through October.
Most people are in the middle. When it comes time to pick a side. I side with pro choice as I am not privy to another woman’s issues, her life, her financial situation, her medical conditions. Who am I to tell her how to live her life. She has a right to live her life according to her values not mine.

My research shows some states have banned abortions completely I think it was Kentucky which your link even verified if I remember right. Banning abortion except for life of the mother, rape or other extreme circumstances is a ban on abortion for women who would abort first trimester. I have no need to go state by state to see who makes abortion difficult to access. There are too many that do. The people didn’t vote for it, they were trigger laws.

Me supporting pro choice doesn’t in anyway say I support the assertion pro life says the mother has to be near death to deliver a dead baby I thought we we’re having a reasonable discussion before this statement of assumption.

Old 11-27-2022, 08:49 PM

Quote:
so why, at say 17 weeks (4 months + 1 week, well beyond the 1st trimester), would you need any exception for incest?

See, I can absolutely understand a woman who is raped - for any reason - being scared to even find out "Yes, you're pregnant with the rapist's child".

I just wonder why incest needs to be a category in 2022 after any state's time limit otherwise.
A victim of incest is just as afraid of her father or brother who victimized them. A victim of incest has as much trauma as a rape victim.

Old 11-27-2022, 08:54 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,574,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What gives anyone the authority or right to make decisions for someone else’s body.
Exactly! Why should a woman have the right to murder her unborn child because pregnancy is inconvenient?

Old 11-27-2022, 08:57 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,648,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
In decent and civilized societies...it is The Law (the Society, in general) that exercises that authority.

What you are posing is the typical, bogus, "Body Autonomy Argument"...e.g.: You can't tell a woman what she can do with her body.
But I'm sure you know that there are lots of laws that tell us "what we can do with our body". And, the main one is: You cannot "use your body" to harm or kill innocent others. You can in self-defense...but not otherwise.
If you "use your body" (or refuse to use it) in a way that neglects/harms/kills a innocent other...there are penalties for that.
Humans during gestation should be included among the "Innocent Others".
Nothing is more demonstrative of wielding power over and control over a victim(s) body than neglecting, harming, or killing them.
For some twisted evil reason...many do not feel that individuals should be shielded from that during gestation.
Just goes to show how low this society and many people have sunk.

So...let me switch it up a bit...so you can understand the error of your argument here:
Nobody has the authority or right to tell a man what he can and can't do with his body. So...a man needs no justification of his "choice" to rape...it's his decision if he remains sexually frustrated or not.
Does that seem acceptable to you? The argument to justify abortion based upon "no authority or right to make decisions for someone else’s body", is based upon the same logic.

Old 11-27-2022, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Exactly! Why should a woman have the right to murder her unborn child because pregnancy is inconvenient?
Inconvenient is a traffic jam. Calling pregnancy labor delivery parenthood for 18 years an inconvenience is diminishing and belittles the consequences.

Old 11-27-2022, 09:00 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,435,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
You sound like the Slavers that wanted to maintain the right to persecute others...because that had been the law.

The SCOTUS just ruled...killing babies by abortion was never a "Constitutional Right" and never should have been sanctioned on a Federal level. They corrected the error.
Just like the SCOTUS fixed the error of the "Dred Scott" decision. The Federal Government should have never sanctioned slavery and allowed Blacks to be considered "property".

Who knows...maybe the "Baby Killing" issue will have to be settled the same way the "Enslave Negros" issue was settled. The battle is just getting started.
And that's a good thing...we should not let innocent babies be wantonly killed any more than we should have let Blacks be enslaved.
SCOTUS was wrong.

But, it does raise an interesting question for the pro-life folks. If every child conceived has a sacred right to life how in the hell do you justify turning that decision over to 50 states to decide what that looks like? Pretty illogical.

The irony and projection in your post is over the top. You are like the old Slave Masters who believed they could impregnate women and force them to deliver children against their will. At least somewhere in your psyche you understand you are wrong. Maybe you will see the light one day.

Just who is it you plan to reenact a civil war with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies