Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2023, 12:18 PM

11,815 posts, read 8,023,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Banks going woke? Oh lordy. I feel like I'm talking to a bot.

The sky isn't falling. Yes, we are going through difficult times, we did so in the past and we will do so in the future. I'm not worried about a thing. You know why? Because I don't depend on anyone but ourselves to get through difficult times and we are prepared.

There's a whole lot of fear and paranoia being spoon fed to the gullible out there on both sides. Stop drinking the kool aid and worry about yourself only. The sun will come up tomorrow. Go make it a good day. Better yet, get yourself prepared for hard times because they are cyclical.
Admittedly I also chuckled at the bolded.. but hey my bank has been more forgiving to NSF fees since Covid-19 hit

Old 03-17-2023, 12:22 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Our today’s government reminds me more of the Jerry Springer Show compared to when I was a kid.

It’s going to collapse, it’s just a matter of when.

Old 03-17-2023, 12:28 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times
In addition, race relations seemingly are at their lowest point in years, and will continue to get worse.

This is what happens when you enable and coddle certain groups in the worst ways possible. Lowering the standards, eliminating/reducing punishment for law breakers, ignoring all other hate crimes except for those committed against these groups, and basically rewarding bad behavior all around.

Old 03-17-2023, 12:38 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Don't underestimate the ability of the FEDS to keep spending money and kicking the can down the road. They might be able to push any sort of depression off for 10 years or 20. They are not doing it for you or me but for those at the very top. Those folks don't care about left vs right nonsense. They just care about staying wealthy. They let you fight over this fake left right divide for the scraps at the bottom like junkyard dogs. They want you to really hate Biden and the left to really hate Trump and not hate those at the top who are actively pillaging the country. The bank bailouts this week show the FEDS will take care of the wealthy. Its not a party thing but a take care of those who are at the top thing. Every time there is a quasi disaster looming the rich get richer. Every time.

I do think that the economy will look increasingly unhinged. High inflation, low unemployment. Various supply chain shortages yet people with money to buy things. Eventually all of this will hit the fan. But 6% inflation and 3.4% unemployment is not hitting the fan. If Trump was POTUS right now the same folks claiming a depression is right around the corner would take the same numbers and cheer how great things are because of Trump.
If Trump was in we would have oil coming out of every spicket and keep the shipping cost down and people will go to the pump and wouldn't be shocked. This fueled inflation. Biden's war on energy.

Old 03-17-2023, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I think 90% of the world's population survives any such nuclear apocalypse. You would have to be in inside a blast radius, which is technically not that big compared to the earth's size, or you would have to get radiation poisening if you stayed in the plume's fallout direction.

You can play with the nuclear strike simulator here:

https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
30%. That's what the Bible says. And that's just from the beginning. If the days aren't shortened there would be no flesh left on Earth that was living.

Old 03-17-2023, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
In my state absentee and/or mail in ballots can be dropped off at the polling place. They could or could not be folded. The person dropping it off has to show some kind of legal ID and sign the book that they voted.

If mailed in, the outside envelope has a bar code and the the voter must sign. The signatures are verified as is the barcode that ids who got the ballot and at what address. The voter can follow that bar code to be sure their ballot was received by the county.
They threw away the envelopes which was illegal this is what they said.

Old 03-17-2023, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Core inflation does not include food and energy but the actual inflation number widely quoted does.

As far as unemployment rates same calculation under Trump and Biden. I don't know your point about 2 or 3 jobs. But they count people looking for work who cannot find a job.
Those unemployment numbers never show the amount of people that stopped looking for work because they just couldn't find any.

Old 03-17-2023, 12:45 PM

254 posts, read 114,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its much deeper than just Biden, its the entire federal apparatus and about half the country that thinks the priorities should be never ending wars, climate cultism, baby killing, transmutilation of children, unfettered migration, elimination of Christian values, erasure of the white race…
In spite of the useful idiots gaslighting and telling us it’s our imagination, anyone who pays attention knows better.
Tell the white race to start having more babies. There’s more people of color in the world than white people. Y’all were never the majority.

Old 03-17-2023, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
It tells me we had huge turnout in 2020.

Calilfornia:
2016 - 7.4M for Hillary, 3.9M for Trump
2020 - 11.1M for Biden, 6.0M for Trump

Trump got more votes in 2020 than in 2016 in California, but his percentage of the total is about the same.

Dude, it's not rocket science.
I bet a large percent of those votes are from illegals. Just give him a fake driver's license and it's done. Many illegals get fake papers.

Old 03-17-2023, 12:48 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I bet...
All you need to go along with that "bet" is a little evidence, then you'd be cookin' with gas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies