Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2023, 12:53 PM

33,589 posts, read 18,208,471 times

Advertisements

The families are feeling the Bidenflation with higher shipping costs, higher fuel costs, heating their homes, electricity is higher, diesel fuel higher, contributing to inflation on all products. The cost of living is eating away at the buying power of the average person and family. They can't afford the extras anymore.

The stuff is sitting in the warehouses now and the trucking industry has nothing to move . This WSJ story says it is slowing because the products are not moving .

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-log...ge-11669414987

Old 03-24-2023, 01:30 PM

30,483 posts, read 21,355,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
War 2 never had to happen. Iraq and Saddam were never any kind of threat to the US.
I agree. Bush 2 messed up by taking the hunt for OBL and then dropping the ball and going back to Iraq to just get even for what his father failed to do.

Old 03-24-2023, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It's all by intelligent design .Anyone that doesn't believe there's a God there's something wrong with them. It didn't just all happen . we did not get here on our own. Everything is way too intricate and science is the study of God's creation. Man gives big swelling words to what they find out and later on find out they were wrong all along. God knows from beginning to end what is going to happen.
Not sure i can buy that. If there is a God when who or what made him? And who made the person that made God and on and on. No one knows jack. Until someone dies and comes back and tells us then we will never know bro.

Old 03-24-2023, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
It isn’t yet A, “link kind of thing”. I’m a national freight and shipping coordinator. Nationwide. And what I am telling you having been through about eight of these cycles throughout my career, this is the worst I’ve ever seen. Freight has fallen off a cliff. Trucking companies are closing their doors, they have no freight, they’re laying off drivers for the first time in 40 years. And it’s happened suddenly. This lag behind what you see on the news and on financial reports by about 6 to 8 weeks. The you know what is going to hit the fan. I’m talking like smacked upside the head all at once, Fire storm recession.
The worst ever is coming once we have a world wide nuke war. Won't be many buying anything after that.

Old 03-24-2023, 02:37 PM

9,015 posts, read 4,711,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
The worst ever is coming once we have a world wide nuke war. Won't be many buying anything after that.
I wonder how many people here know what the word "Plonk" means.

https://en.everybodywiki.com/Plonk_(Usenet)

Old 03-24-2023, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
I wonder how many people here know what the word "Plonk" means.

https://en.everybodywiki.com/Plonk_(Usenet)
I do my man. I used it back in the 90's on news groups when i hung up on someone bra.

Old 03-24-2023, 06:23 PM

24,033 posts, read 15,136,960 times
Quote:
It's all by intelligent design .Anyone that doesn't believe there's a God there's something wrong with them. It didn't just all happen . we did not get here on our own. Everything is way too intricate and science is the study of God's creation. Man gives big swelling words to what they find out and later on find out they were wrong all along. God knows from beginning to end what is going to happen.
Humans are always learning. We no longer believe the earth is flat. New information leads to new inquiry.

I used to give a copy of the book "Your God Is Too Small" to all the 7th graders when they finished confirmation. I need to re read it myself.

Some people think in order to be a 'good' Christian one must obey the Ten Commandments. But they vote for serial adulterers.

I'm a Sermon on the Mount Beatitudes person my self.

Old 03-24-2023, 06:27 PM

33,589 posts, read 18,208,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Humans are always learning. We no longer believe the earth is flat. New information leads to new inquiry.

I used to give a copy of the book "Your God Is Too Small" to all the 7th graders when they finished confirmation. I need to re read it myself.

Some people think in order to be a 'good' Christian one must obey the Ten Commandments. But they vote for serial adulterers.

Do you know what self-righteous means?

Old 03-24-2023, 06:39 PM

63,028 posts, read 29,235,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

Yes, one must obey the Ten Commandments and assuming you were referring to Trump how was voting for him against the Ten Commandments? There is hardly a president that hasn't had a skeleton in their closet. Is it a sin to vote then?

The sinners themselves have to answer to God not the voters. Voting should be based on a candidate's ability to lead this country not what sins they have or haven't committed.

Old 03-24-2023, 07:28 PM

24,033 posts, read 15,136,960 times
Quote:
Do you know what self-righteous means?
Sure do. It is in abundance here many days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.