Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2023, 03:37 PM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
From what I've read, the guns were purchased between 2020 and mid 2022. It's entirely believable that the medical treatment was AFTER the guns were bought.

The police chief also noted that if they had known Hale was having problems and potentially a threat to herself or others, they would have tried to get the guns away. I suspect they would have had the support of her parents since the guns were technically in their house.
The parents didn't know she had guns.

Strange circumstances:

Quote:
Just before 10 a.m. Monday, the shooter sent an ominous message to a childhood friend, the friend told CNN on Tuesday. In an Instagram message to Averianna Patton, a Nashville radio host, just before 10 a.m. Monday, the shooter said “I’m planning to die today” and that it would be on the news.

“One day this will make more sense,” Hale wrote. “I’ve left more than enough evidence behind. But something bad is about to happen.”

Patton told CNN’s Don Lemon she was the shooter’s childhood basketball teammate and “knew her well when we were kids” but hadn’t spoken in years and is unsure why she received the message. Disturbed by its content, she called a suicide prevention line and the Nashville Davidson County Sheriff’s Office at 10:13 a.m.

At that very minute, police in Nashville also got a 911 call of an active shooter inside the school and rushed there.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/28/us/co...day/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore1974 View Post
I would not be surprised to see the media to spin it that this tragedy was caused by Christian intolerance.
The parents were deeply religious, the mother was a church coordinator. They did not accept her transgender issues. She would change outside their home to act a male. I'm not blaming the parents for her actions but it must have been difficult.

Old 03-29-2023, 03:37 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
It's easier to act-out with violence when you consider yourself a victim.
Often - people these days are quick to claim victim status. That's easy because the culture facilitates it. The education system breeds it because kids aren't getting much knowledge and aren't taught how to think.

Old 03-29-2023, 05:02 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
It was a major part of this thread from the get go.

It was all over social media.

It almost instantly became the focal point of the story.

I have no idea what the motivations were, at at no point have I even vaguely speculated such.
Sure people on this forum cited her transgenderism, because the people in this forum usually do speak to their bias. Others only point out her supposed gender, because all the left does is identify people by their gender, skin color and politics.

My point, is that the news agencies should not be biased. They should not be trying to frame the debate. are not reporting the news without bias, or without an agenda. The newspapers, magazines and broadcast and cable news are not supposed to be biased. As a reporter, you are just supposed to provide us with the facts as you know them. Don't MAKE her transgenderism the major factor behind the shooting, because you don't freaking know. That is my point.

Old 03-29-2023, 05:10 PM

5,987 posts, read 3,727,800 times
Default Parents of Nashville School Shooter Should Be Indicted As Accessories to Murder

I think that the parents of the Nashville school shooter who killed 6 people should be indicted as "Accessories to Murder." They knew that they had a mental "basket case" living under their roof. They admit that they knew she had a gun previously but supposedly had gotten rid of it. How is it that they didn't know that she had 6 more firearms in the house along with various accessories and ammunition for each of them?

We're not talking about little "pocket pistols" here that might be stashed in a sock drawer or beneath your underwear. We're talking about at least two (perhaps more) long guns that are at least 3 feet long. Additionally, we're talking about multiple magazines (ammo holders that attach to the rifle) that are at least a foot or more in length. And, of course, we are talking about multiple boxes of ammunition which take up considerable space in a drawer or cabinet. How is it that this wacko of a daughter kept all this armament in the parents' house without them being aware she had it? I think the parents are lying about what they knew.

If this daughter were interested in hunting or target shooting and had demonstrated such interest by her activities, then I would have no problem at all with that. But when the daughter demonstrates that she is mentally unstable by her actions with regards to her sexual identity and this is coupled with her hiding of numerous firearms in or about the parent's house, then it's time for the parents to do their duty to society and ask the authorities to look into the matter.

If the parents had done the responsible thing, then it's very likely that there would be 6 families who would NOT be planning funerals for this weekend. Who knows what the total number of people would be who would NOT be planning to attend the funeral of their child, their brother, their sister, their parent, or other close relative if only the parents had not chosen to turn a blind eye to what was happening right under their noses.

I think that if these parents were indicted and prosecuted as accessories to murder, it might be a life saver for untold numbers of other people who might fall victim to a mentally unstable person who is living with their parents and who has demonstrated mental instability in combination with an inexplicable fascination with firearms.

Old 03-29-2023, 05:28 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,603,835 times
Until more comes out that might implicate them for such things, I think it's a stretch. It's way too early imo

The lady was a 28 year old grown woman. The accountability lies solely with her right now.

Who knows? maybe her parents are monsters as well. It's just an all around tragedy

Old 03-29-2023, 05:30 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Sure people on this forum cited her transgenderism, because the people in this forum usually do speak to their bias. Others only point out her supposed gender, because all the left does is identify people by their gender, skin color and politics.

My point, is that the news agencies should not be biased. They should not be trying to frame the debate. are not reporting the news without bias, or without an agenda. The newspapers, magazines and broadcast and cable news are not supposed to be biased. As a reporter, you are just supposed to provide us with the facts as you know them. Don't MAKE her transgenderism the major factor behind the shooting, because you don't freaking know. That is my point.
I completely agree.

Old 03-29-2023, 05:31 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,076,286 times
I kinda agree with a lot of what you said, especially about raising the kid better.
However this little girl is actually a full grown man.

If politics were not involved when they denounced the mental conditions of these people in 2019 he would have been found unfit to purchase a firearm if that is what he did.
A group of people where 40% of them commit or try suicide is a group that suffers from mental issues and should not be allowed near firearms.
Maybe he is a thief as well though.
Who knows?

Old 03-29-2023, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
I think that the parents of the Nashville school shooter who killed 6 people should be indicted as "Accessories to Murder." They knew that they had a mental "basket case" living under their roof. They admit that they knew she had a gun previously but supposedly had gotten rid of it. How is it that they didn't know that she had 6 more firearms in the house along with various accessories and ammunition for each of them?

We're not talking about little "pocket pistols" here that might be stashed in a sock drawer or beneath your underwear. We're talking about at least two (perhaps more) long guns that are at least 3 feet long. Additionally, we're talking about multiple magazines (ammo holders that attach to the rifle) that are at least a foot or more in length. And, of course, we are talking about multiple boxes of ammunition which take up considerable space in a drawer or cabinet. How is it that this wacko of a daughter kept all this armament in the parents' house without them being aware she had it? I think the parents are lying about what they knew.

If this daughter were interested in hunting or target shooting and had demonstrated such interest by her activities, then I would have no problem at all with that. But when the daughter demonstrates that she is mentally unstable by her actions with regards to her sexual identity and this is coupled with her hiding of numerous firearms in or about the parent's house, then it's time for the parents to do their duty to society and ask the authorities to look into the matter.

If the parents had done the responsible thing, then it's very likely that there would be 6 families who would NOT be planning funerals for this weekend. Who knows what the total number of people would be who would NOT be planning to attend the funeral of their child, their brother, their sister, their parent, or other close relative if only the parents had not chosen to turn a blind eye to what was happening right under their noses.

I think that if these parents were indicted and prosecuted as accessories to murder, it might be a life saver for untold numbers of other people who might fall victim to a mentally unstable person who is living with their parents and who has demonstrated mental instability in combination with an inexplicable fascination with firearms.
I understand what you’re saying, but let’s be fair here - there are families in Tennessee that send Christmas cards with the entire family posing with guns.

A fascination with firearms is hardly unusual.

Apparently her parents did not care for guns and thought she had gotten rid of hers. I reckon people can be very good at hiding stuff when they’re highly motivated.

Old 03-29-2023, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I kinda agree with a lot of what you said, especially about raising the kid better.
However this little girl is actually a full grown man.

If politics were not involved when they denounced the mental conditions of these people in 2019 he would have been found unfit to purchase a firearm if that is what he did.
A group of people where 40% of them commit or try suicide is a group that suffers from mental issues and should not be allowed near firearms.
Maybe he is a thief as well though.
Who knows?
Oh.

What happened to “shall not be infringed”?

Old 03-29-2023, 05:37 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,951,679 times
This was a 28 year old adult, responsible for their own actions. If we held parents responsible for the actions of their children, even if they did a lousy job. Millions more would be in prison. And anyone who thinks we should hold parents responsible think about some of the bad things you have done in your own life. Should your parents be held responsible for those things or are you responsible. Sure this nutcase did something more horrible then any of us have ever done(i hope so anyhow)but i will guarantee plenty here on these boards have done things they are seriously ashamed of at some point in their lives and perhaps even illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies