Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2023, 03:53 PM

27,660 posts, read 16,151,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Wow shall I dig up alll the “Karen” rants ? I can probably post at least 50 today. What’s the point of this thread ? Bashing exercise? Justification philosophy training ?
If it were a karen 'dishing a racist rant' thread, you would be equally upset? Its hard for you to process this reality, but it would serve you well to do so.

Old 03-29-2023, 03:58 PM

2,045 posts, read 788,024 times
Unfortunately, this behavior by some blacks isn't and hasn't been unusual for the past 50 years.

Old 03-29-2023, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
it’s always a good idea not to engage with the general public. lots of insane feral people out there. i recommend going to bed early and getting everything done before noon the next day. most of the feral, unstable underclass (including teens and angry 20-somethings) are asleep from 6am to noon. from 6am to noon you will encounter people who most likely won’t cause any issues for you.
LOL! No kidding ... My errands on the weekend are all done by 10 a.m. ... and I don't even have to go to bed early.

If I need to do some shopping after work, I go to the better neighborhoods on my way home.

Old 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,116,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I recently watched a video of a young black woman complaining that these days when she is walking down the street, or out and about, that white women now act like they don't really "see her". I assume she means that they don't make direct eye contact with her or engage much with her. I think, as a white woman, that we are simply trying to keep the peace. We're just trying to get done what we need to do, and be on our way. We've all seen enough beat down videos lately. The times are very volatile. Most of us just want to be left alone.

So her solution? She purposely "bumps into" white women who she deems are not "seeing" her to get their attention. Why does she want their attention?

What her attitude says to me is that as white people, we are basically in a losing "game" no matter what we do or don't do. More and more, we will mentally disengage, and self-segregate, which is not the desired or intended direction of race relations.

This is where all of the DEI training at work is going to backfire too. Whites who feel they are being targeted and vilified unfairly, will simply stop engaging with protected classes as much as possible, not because they want to, but because they are hoping not to make a "mistake" that could cost them their jobs.
I completely agree with this.

As an aside, I have stopped smiling at most people on the street regardless of color bc everyone is generally rude and non-friendly these days anyway. I have almost always lived in a place where you smile and say hello when passing someone. First time I experienced a lack of that is when we moved up north. I didn’t let that change me just yet, though. It was only after coming back to the south when I realized today’s younger folks have zero common decency so smiling on the street is not even a thing for them. I can only imagine how race relations have affected it now, but I fully agree that the more it’s pushed, the more pushback there will be. There was no major issue even five years ago but now there is. George Floyd seemed to have been the catalyst.

Old 03-29-2023, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I don’t consider it trolling because this is so evil to do to innocent people that to even call it trolling would be ridiculous. He’s just a person that gets enjoyment out of harassing regular people. It would be one thing if he was “funny” but he isn’t funny to anyone in the slightest.
Oh, how wrong you are. I'm sure there's plenty just like him who love what he's doing.

Old 03-29-2023, 04:43 PM

20,836 posts, read 17,115,957 times
Typical. Angry, rude, and stupid. It was that way back when my Dad was alive. Same shtick.

Old 03-29-2023, 05:03 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,583,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
None of this is okay. None of it.
That guy is a first class jerk who deserves to have his teeth kicked in. I suspect what he's doing in that video qualifies as assault.

Old 03-29-2023, 05:08 PM

I wonder if he would try this with a Chuck Liddell, Tyson Fury or Hells Angel-type?

Last edited by Hermit12; 03-29-2023 at 05:19 PM..

Old 03-29-2023, 05:16 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,836,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
LOL at the people who "will never visit NY now". Yeah - sure. I'm sure NY was already at the top of your next destination of places to visit.

People who are scared
because they read a few news stories about something bad happening in a city were never going to visit a city anyways. Stop pretending like THIS is the catalyst as to why you will never visit NY. Thousands live and visit NY every day and do just fine. NY will be just fine without people who are scared of their own shadows. I must be SUPER lucky to have been to NY hundreds of time for business and family and somehow have managed to never get assaulted or killed - even riding those super scary trains. And OMG - my family that lives there...!! How have they managed to not all be murdered living in that dreadful city!???!!
I've been there and don't intend to return. Disgusted by this kind of behavior.

So, we are all scared if we choose not to subject ourselves to rude, hostile, racist, cretins like this POS?

Plenty of better places to visit without being threatened or insulted.

If that's your thing, enjoy it!

Old 03-29-2023, 05:16 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,583,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
As an aside, I have stopped smiling at most people on the street regardless of color bc everyone is generally rude and non-friendly these days anyway.
That sucks for you man, one of the things I like most about coming back to visit USA is how friendly everyone is saying good morning and opening doors and stuff. It is a great quality of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies