Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2023, 05:45 PM

6,683 posts, read 2,981,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I completely agree with this.

As an aside, I have stopped smiling at most people on the street regardless of color bc everyone is generally rude and non-friendly these days anyway. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
That sucks for you man, one of the things I like most about coming back to visit USA is how friendly everyone is saying good morning and opening doors and stuff. It is a great quality of the country.

USA is a big Country. Just gotta know where you are.

I most likely won't be smiling at people in Manhattan. Just eyes forward, quickstep to where ya gotta go.

But if I am like not even an hour North, there are small town areas where it is a totally different vibe.
And very normal to smile or even say good morning, especially to older folk out for a stroll.

Old 03-29-2023, 06:10 PM

6,473 posts, read 6,684,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
He's a walking ad for new mental institutions and frontal lobotomies.

(Or a bullet.)
What that man said was awful, but so is your post.

Old 03-29-2023, 06:36 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,836,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
He's a walking ad for new mental institutions and frontal lobotomies.

(Or a bullet.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
What that man said was awful, but so is your post.
You're probably right. Forget the mental institutions and lobotomies, and move directly to door #3.

Old 03-29-2023, 09:25 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,244,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
LOL at the people who "will never visit NY now". Yeah - sure. I'm sure NY was already at the top of your next destination of places to visit.

People who are scared because they read a few news stories about something bad happening in a city were never going to visit a city anyways. Stop pretending like THIS is the catalyst as to why you will never visit NY. ...
I went to NYC with my wife & kids, rode the subway every day from a mixed hipster part of Long Island City to Manhattan and back. It was a great trip. I found people to be more pleasant than DC, Pittsburgh and Philly. Of course I wasn't slum touring or hanging in the ghettos either.

It's kind of bizarre how many people consider themselves knowledgable about NYC based on what tabloid news reports. I get it though- the mere idea of it is a big, scary, intimidating thing for many people. They'll talk down, talk tough, etc and make silly excuses for why they won't go there as a defense mechanism. Those small town Texas folks do the exact same thing about Dallas and especially Houston, and these cities are not nearly on the same level as NYC.

Old 03-29-2023, 10:25 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
He actually doesn’t. Clara posted a link earlier but this guy is an internet celebrity in the worst way possible. He’s gone viral like 10 times.

Basically what he does is go up to random people and racially abused them by calling the monkeys and telling them to leave the country he’s been doing this for years in New York. He’s addicted to going viral or clout because I kid you not this is like the 10th maybe even 20th time he’s done this to people in public. I think he even does it to other black people if I’m not mistaken.
See, this is what I like about this site. I learn something every day. I had no idea. Thank you (and Clara) for enlightening me. I know I could have looked it up myself but I wouldn’t have ever done so and remained in ignorance forever. It is nice to know.

Strange times we live in.

Last edited by katygirl68; 03-29-2023 at 10:40 PM..

Old 03-30-2023, 05:51 AM

16,093 posts, read 6,863,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Stuff like this is exactly why people would rather work 2 jobs to own their own car to get around than use the subway.
I believe, and this video shows proof,
The NYC MTA can not be safely supervised.
Save billions. Fill the hole with sand. Use the
revenue to treat such aggressors.

Old 03-30-2023, 06:22 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,479,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
See, this is what I like about this site. I learn something every day. I had no idea. Thank you (and Clara) for enlightening me. I know I could have looked it up myself but I wouldn’t have ever done so and remained in ignorance forever. It is nice to know.

Strange times we live in.
I don't agree with their implication that the info somehow lessens the impact of the incident. The fact that we have an environment where this guy feels he can act like this with impunity is a legitimate concern and don't let these folks convince you otherwise.

Old 03-30-2023, 06:26 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,256,509 times
But...but...black people don't have the "political power" to be racist. The left said so.

Old 03-30-2023, 07:10 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,657,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Wow shall I dig up alll the “Karen” rants ? I can probably post at least 50 today. What’s the point of this thread ? Bashing exercise? Justification philosophy training ?
Yes...let's see them.
You made the claim...now back it up.
I wanna see "Karen" rants where they are directly reviling others relative to race...straight-up declaring things like "Whites are above them", and calling them names like "monkey".
Also...the same level of hostility..telling them "Shut Up", and moving toward them in a aggressive manner.
You said "at least 50"...so, back your claim or expose your lie.

Old 03-30-2023, 07:14 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,659,336 times
cancel him!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies