Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2023, 11:41 PM

20,028 posts, read 22,980,796 times

Advertisements

DeSantis got outplayed by a mouse, and the faithful rant about teaching sexual orientation in schools is rampant ( which it is not and no one has provided any evidence this is in the curriculum ).

Yawn. Another RWNJ fairytale. Go ban some more books or images of David by Michelangelo and maybe you’ll feel better.

Old 03-31-2023, 11:43 PM

40,998 posts, read 18,370,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
DeSantis got outplayed by a mouse, and the faithful rant about teaching sexual orientation in schools is rampant ( which it is not and no one has provided any evidence this is in the curriculum ).

Yawn. Another RWNJ fairytale.
If that were the case Disney would still have their special tax status and sexual orientation and gender identity wouldn’t have been banned, which is certainly no fairy tale for the mouse.

Love the hypocrisy. Keep banning cartoon characters, syrup bottles, pancake boxes, Dr. Seuss, meanie statues, etc…, and anything else that hurts Dems feelings, which would be easier to start with what doesn’t.

Old 04-01-2023, 04:32 AM

779 posts, read 359,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I know, right! Just goes to show the democrats have no standards at all.
LOL, Desantis is just another grifter and his "board" is part of it, but "muh dEmOcRaTs..,"

Old 04-01-2023, 05:14 AM

13,614 posts, read 7,580,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Of course you do or you wouldn’t continue to comment on it, but do love the deflection and strawman arguments while they’ve lost their special tax status and teaching sexual orientation and gender identity has been banned.

That can change, you’re just hoping it stays that way while at the same time saying you don’t care what they do, lol
How is it banned private company can do as they please.

Old 04-01-2023, 05:33 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,735,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
DeSantis didn’t have a problem with Disney until they voiced an opinion on his restrictions in schools. If special taxing districts are the issue then why didn’t he go after The Villages that is actually larger than Disney and still building homes.

This is pure childish revenge by a governor against a corporation and it backfired on him. Attacking a company that is Floridas highest revenue source over politics is not a smart move.
"This is pure childish revenge by a governor against a corporation and it backfired on him."

You are entitled to your OPINONS!

Old 04-01-2023, 05:50 AM

57,398 posts, read 26,455,312 times
Quote:
Except there’s no Don’t Say Gay bill.

Funny how folks get so upset about young children not being exposed to sexual orientation and gender identity
Call his bill whatever you want, the comments by Disney was the reason for the retaliation. It wasn't as if he has an issue with special districts, he just wanted revenge on Disney. Rather infantile behavior by governor.

Old 04-01-2023, 06:20 AM

35,862 posts, read 21,273,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
I knew about your son. And I am sorry for that loss.

I can be empathetic for your loss and still abhor the threats to my life and livelihood.

Just like I can still love Disney and still support DeSantis.
Absolutely! We are supposed to be free and flexible. Both sides of the isle have made everything a dam war. Most people are exactly where you are in the middle, however, we can see where some actions become political and personal vendettas. If people follow a politician that’s is on a personal hunt, and are scratching their heads, you have to wonder.
Shipping the Venezuelan asylum seekers in TX to MV is an example. But if you can’t see the deeper agenda behind his moves, it’s on you. We are free to choose.

Old 04-01-2023, 07:26 AM

19,332 posts, read 17,285,816 times
Quote:
DeSantis has already dealt with them taking their tax status away and not teaching young children sexual orientation and gender identity.
To quote you "Quite the deflection and strawman arguments " how is Disney teaching young children sexual orientation and gender identity"

"and please be specific?

Old 04-01-2023, 07:31 AM

13,257 posts, read 22,983,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don’t believe children are being taught any of this. You obviously do. Why is that.
Every accusation is an admission with the right. They’re deflecting with the sexual orientation to cover up the baby raping that goes in in evangelical churches at a way too high rate. (See the long time cover ups of child sexual abuse by ministers in both the Catholic and Southern Baptist churches)

Old 04-01-2023, 07:48 AM

9,559 posts, read 16,631,837 times
Isn't DeSantis basically a Controlling homegrown bigot? The type of person that its either his way or the highway. I mean let's be honest here. He has been fighting with Disney over their viewpoints for awhile now. He has been going after the schools and teachers for awhile also. All this while the state sits in total crisis with, Insurance and Affordable housing issues. Then he behaves like we should be honored he may run for President.

I see right through DeSantis and I'm sorry so many others don't . He is an Opportunist and does so at the expense, of those not being realistic with the times we are living in.

Disney is a long time money maker for this state and DeSantis evidently doesn't care . He is the most disrespectful bore I have seen in modern politics. I'd say he is worse than Trump on sour personalities and self righteous politics. As far as Disney I wouldn't blame them if they were secretly planning to move out of Florida at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies