Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2023, 07:55 AM

11,986 posts, read 5,321,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Isn't DeSantis basically a Controlling homegrown bigot? The type of person that its either his way or the highway. I mean let's be honest here. He has been fighting with Disney over their viewpoints for awhile now. He has been going after the schools and teachers for awhile also. All this while the state sits in total crisis with, Insurance and Affordable housing issues. Then he behaves like we should be honored he may run for President.

I see right through DeSantis and I'm sorry so many others don't . He is an Opportunist and does so at the expense, of those not being realistic with the times we are living in.

Disney is a long time money maker for this state and DeSantis evidently doesn't care . He is the most disrespectful bore I have seen in modern politics. I'd say he is worse than Trump on sour personalities and self righteous politics. As far as Disney I wouldn't blame them if they were secretly planning to move out of Florida at some point.
No, he’s just a power-hungry politician who knows he needs the bigot vote to have a chance to win the Republican nomination.

Old 04-01-2023, 08:29 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,305,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
To quote you "Quite the deflection and strawman arguments " how is Disney teaching young children sexual orientation and gender identity"

"and please be specific?
Just one of many articles

https://nypost.com/2022/03/30/disney...heory-to-kids/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Call his bill whatever you want, the comments by Disney was the reason for the retaliation. It wasn't as if he has an issue with special districts, he just wanted revenge on Disney. Rather infantile behavior by governor.
You’re the one that called the bill that, and you just don’t like it. Why are you so in favor of teaching sexual orientation and gender identity to young children?

Old 04-01-2023, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
How is it banned private company can do as they please.
Not as much as they used to be able to do

Old 04-01-2023, 11:06 AM

19,312 posts, read 17,200,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Well i'll give you a point for not posting something by Fox but an OP Ed Piece from the NY Post, I can read your opinions on here which is all it is, not facts. Its quotes a right wing activist who is known for inventing the conflict over CRT https://www.newyorker.com/news/annal...al-race-theory.

When there is some real evidence please share it....

Old 04-01-2023, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Well i'll give you a point for not posting something by Fox but an OP Ed Piece from the NY Post, I can read your opinions on here which is all it is, not facts. Its quotes a right wing activist who is known for inventing the conflict over CRT https://www.newyorker.com/news/annal...al-race-theory.

When there is some real evidence please share it....
Except it is facts and from those that worked there and just one of many articles.

Hilarious how folks cry about sources they don’t like as if those they do are the only ones factual, and especially hilarious citing the New Yorker

Definitely loving the CRT ban. Funny how it had to be continually proven to those that said it wasn’t being taught, and even funnier how folks crying about it being banned when it supposedly wasn’t being taught.

Love these articles
https://nypost.com/2021/05/08/disney...employees/amp/

https://www.newsweek.com/disney-corp...-1589775?amp=1

Last edited by erieguy; 04-01-2023 at 11:25 AM..

Old 04-01-2023, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Except it is facts and from those that worked there and just one of many articles.

Hilarious how folks cry about sources they don’t like as if those they do are the only ones factual, and especially hilarious citing the New Yorker

Definitely loving the CRT ban. Funny how it had to be continually proven to those that said it wasn’t being taught, and even funnier how folks crying about it being banned when it supposedly wasn’t being taught.

Love these articles
https://nypost.com/2021/05/08/disney...employees/amp/

https://www.newsweek.com/disney-corp...-1589775?amp=1
You still are not getting it you said:
Quote:
DeSantis has already dealt with them taking their tax status away and not teaching young children sexual orientation and gender identity. You just don’t like it.
Neither your opinion piece or the article which is writing what the same right winger says on CRT has anything that supports your statement. You can dislike Disney's corporate culture all you like as can their employees who can leave if they so choose but none of it applies to your allegation

Old 04-01-2023, 12:21 PM

Quote:
You still are not getting it you said:

Neither your opinion piece or the article which is writing what the same right winger says on CRT has anything that supports your statement. You can dislike Disney's corporate culture all you like as can their employees who can leave if they so choose but none of it applies to your allegation
Lol. The articles are unpopular with you…and there’s many that say the same thing about CRT, hence it’s being banned across the country.

Doesn’t have anything to do with liking them or not. It simply proves Disney’s CRT nonsense, and their sexual orientation and gender identity nonsense has been proven. You just don’t like that meanie DeSantis is doing something about it.

Old 04-01-2023, 12:22 PM

30,735 posts, read 18,402,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Call his bill whatever you want, the comments by Disney was the reason for the retaliation. It wasn't as if he has an issue with special districts, he just wanted revenge on Disney. Rather infantile behavior by governor.
The voters overwhelmingly agreed with DeSantis and reelected him in a landslide victory. Also, Disney didn't just merely comment on the legislation. No, Disney promised to do act to get the legislation overturned.

Old 04-01-2023, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Lol. The articles are unpopular with you…and there’s many that say the same thing about CRT, hence it’s being banned across the country.

Doesn’t have anything to do with liking them or not. It simply proves Disney’s CRT nonsense, and their sexual orientation and gender identity nonsense has been proven. You just don’t like that meanie DeSantis is doing something about it.
Go enjoy your view, you made a statement and can't provide anything to support it. Nothing you have posted or link including the statement about shows that "Disney teaching young children sexual orientation and gender identity".

So we'll go back to the topic that Disney has 1 upped DeSantis and they did it in the open and legally..

Old 04-01-2023, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Go enjoy your view, you made a statement and can't provide anything to support it. Nothing you have posted or link including the statement about shows that "Disney teaching young children sexual orientation and gender identity".

So we'll go back to the topic that Disney has 1 upped DeSantis and they did it in the open and legally..
Except I did provide it, you just deny it because you don’t like it.

Nah, DeSantis took their special tax status away, has banned sexual orientation and gender identity being taught to young children, and you’re hoping the new board stays intact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies