Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2023, 07:17 AM

3,465 posts, read 1,473,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post

ps: with 10 Million Americans living in other countries, one could say that Americans have invaded other countries abroad ...
Stop with the crap.

We are talking about legal entry into a country vs illegal entry.

Why on earth are you defending the invasion of the United States by millions upon millions of other countries the poverty stricken, poorly educated, low skilled, diseased, disabled, and criminals?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2023, 07:19 AM

63,089 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Try to find out how many births to undocumented moms in county taxpayer funded facilities. It's impossible. The hospitals say anyone born is a citizen.

Harris county has been providing services to undocumented who show up to deliver. Many have never had any prenatal care. This has been going on for 60 years. Last number I saw was 20 years old and was around +/- 4000 babies to undocumented. The Dallas county hospital has more.

This tells me for all the talk about illegals, Gov. Abbott and Lt. Gov. Patrick don't have a clue how much Texas tax money is used in providing services for illegals.

What's the impediment for following the money?
They aren't undocumented! There is no such term in our immigration law lingo. That's just PC language by the left and you know it!

Old 05-13-2023, 07:19 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,620,362 times
Quote:
Each child born a u.s. citizen will grow up to possibly become a tax payer. (it's a risk yes, but so is every investment ever) Follow that money ...

According to the State Department there are approx. 10 Million Americans living abroad. The u.s. lost approx. 6.86 Million Americans to COVID. (i don't know how many die each year) The total fertility rate of the u.s. citizen is 1.68 and it takes 2.1 to replace a society ---

Is there away to sustain the population in the u.s. without foreign births, who become citizens or immigration, that it will take them over 10 years to become a citizen, that I don't know about?

ps: with 10 Million Americans living in other countries, one could say that Americans have invaded other countries abroad ...
Quote:
And that's why, IMO, all this border scare talk is bogus. It's all for vote getting. Nobody in Texas cared about documentation until Trump came along. He took a few zealots and turned it into a movement. It worked.
The 10 years I mentioned, to become a citizen came from the Sean Hanity show yesterday and a caller. I remember now, it wasn't 10 years to become a citizen, but 10 years to get her green card. I know, I wanted to ask, so you were here illegally for 10 years? Sean was praising her for doing things the legal way ---

It's a mess and we have Congress for making it so and yes the issue does seem to garner votes, so I guess the (lack of) legalities on immigration serve a purpose. I know I can tell who is dealing from the top of the deck and who isn't, even through this s-storm.

Old 05-13-2023, 07:22 AM

Quote:
And that's why, IMO, all this border scare talk is bogus. It's all for vote getting. Nobody in Texas cared about documentation until Trump came along. He took a few zealots and turned it into a movement. It worked.
Nobody? Wow, you know everybody in Texas? Of course there were citizens and politicians who opposed this illegal invasion. Trump came along and put this issue to the forefront as illegal immigration had reached critical mass. Zealots? Is that what law abiding Americans are called now by you leftists? If so, we need a hell of a lot more of them than we do you and yours would don't give a damn!

Old 05-13-2023, 07:24 AM

3,465 posts, read 1,473,497 times
Default Consequences of un-regulated immigration

Quote:
Each child born a u.s. citizen will grow up to possibly become a tax payer. (it's a risk yes, but so is every investment ever) Follow that money ...

Give it a frickin break. Today's un-regulated immigration is not in America's best interests and is destructive to the general welfare of the United States and her citizens.

Let us take a look at the destructive social and economic consequences in just one county in California inflicted upon its citizens in 1995 when this invasion of our borders began to accelerate. CLICK HERE and scroll to page 93 for testimony given by JOAN ZINSER before the COMMITTEE ON THE JUDICIARY, U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, DECEMBER 13, 1995

Good morning Chairman Smith and other honorable members of the Subcommittee on Immigration and Claims. I am Joan Zinser, Deputy Director of the San Diego County Department of Social Services. I direct the department's Income Maintenance Bureau, which has responsibility for AFDC, Food Stamps and Medicaid eligibility determinations. I am here today to tell you about the effects of illegal immigration on the County's assistance programs, and to present information regarding impacts on other county-funded services.

Impacts on San Diego County

In 1993, illegal aliens in San Diego County were estimated to be 7.9% of the population, or a total of almost 220,000 illegal aliens in a county with a population of slightly over 2 1/2 million. A 1993 Calffornia State Senate report estimated that the State, local governments - primarily the County - and schools incurred $304 million in costs to provide services to illegal aliens. These costs were offset by only $60 million in taxes generated by illegal aliens - leaving a net impact of $244 million.

Welfare Costs.

When a child is a US citizen, AFDC can be granted for the child but not the parent, if the parent is an undocumented immigrant. In 1992 there were 6,414 children born to undocumented immigrant parents in San Diego County hospitals. Each year, the illegal alien parents of nearly 2000 "citizen children" apply for and receive AFDC in San Diego County. The cumulative total of these "citizen child" cases continues to rise each year.

Public assistance is intended to support the citizen child, but is paid to the illegal alien parent and is, no doubt, used by the parent to support the entire family. Costs for providing AFDC to "citizen children" cases in San Diego totaled $37 million in 1993 for approximately 5430 AFDC cases.

Additional costs are incurred in Child Welfare Services. Combining costs for Out-of-Home and Family Maintenance services to families of illegal aliens results in an additional cost of $1.7 million.

Medicaid and Other Health-Related- Costs.

Medicaid services are an increasingly large portion of the costs involved in illegal immigration. In 1992, Medicaid paid for 6,414 births illegal alien mothers. Although studies have shown that illegal aliens use fewer Medicaid services than do the age-equivalent members of the general population, significant costs remain. Delivery costs are greater for babies with mothers lacking adequate prenatal care and many medical conditions are treated more cost-effectively in their early stages. Infectious diseases are also a major concern of the County. San Diego County has historically carried large costs because of illegal aliens with these problems. Costs associated with providing emergency and pregnancy related needs to illegal aliens are paid for under "restricted Medi-Cal benefits." During the 1992 calendar year, an estimated $37 million was paid for "restricted Medi-Cal benefits." Other costs, including uncompensated care in hospitals, community clinics, and other health services elevated the 1993 total costs to over $50 million.

Criminal justice.
A recent 90-day pilot project involved having INS Agents present in the county jails to interview those suspected of being an undocumented immigrant. Approximately 20% of the persons booked into the jails during that pilot were identified as being illegal aliens. With annual bookings of approximatel 105,000 persons a year, it is estimated that up to 21,000 were illegal aliens.

According to the San Diego County District Attorney, 8,521 felony crimes were committed by illegal aliens between 1987 and 1992. Illegal aliens commit an estimated 22% of felony crimes committed in the county. The number of misdemeanors committed during the same period in San Diego County by illegal aliens is estimated to be 17,000. In 1993, approximately 15. 1 % of the costs -accrued in dealing with crimes were spent on illegal aliens. Costs for illegal aliens to the legal system totaled $151 million in the County of San Diego for 1993.

Education.

Recently, a video of students crossing the border and getting on a school bus in San Diego County in order to receive free education was shown nationwide. Locally, we have worked to make sure that this situation does not recur, but education of the children of illegal aliens is also a significant cost. It is estimated that $60 million was spent in San Diego County in 1993 for education of illegal aliens.
________

Old 05-13-2023, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
There is plenty of evidence that immigration of all forms is economically beneficial to the US. Google “cost benefit immigration”. One thing I have not seen, however, is how those benefits and costs are distributed geographically. I wouldn’t be surprised if border cities/states bear a greater share of costs than non-border states. That strikes me as a fair and legitimate concern raised by those who are passionate about this issue.
Illegal immigration is only economically beneficial to those who hire illegal aliens while the rest of us get the shaft in so many ways.

Old 05-13-2023, 07:27 AM

Quote:

According to the State Department there are approx. 10 Million Americans living abroad. The u.s. lost approx. 6.86 Million Americans to COVID. (i don't know how many die each year) The total fertility rate of the u.s. citizen is 1.68 and it takes 2.1 to replace a society ---

Is there away to sustain the population in the u.s. without foreign births, who become citizens or immigration, that it will take them over 10 years to become a citizen, that I don't know about?

We should not be increasing our population by an illegal invasion! Are you freaking serious?

Old 05-13-2023, 07:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
Stop with the crap.

We are talking about legal entry into a country vs illegal entry.

Why on earth are you defending the invasion of the United States by millions upon millions of other countries the poverty stricken, poorly educated, low skilled, diseased, disabled, and criminals?

Only when others stop with the crap ... But I don't guess you can, can you?
A history of American anti-immigrant bias, starting with Benjamin Franklin’s hatred of the Germans
Quote:
Why on earth are you defending the invasion ...
Why on earth are you implying they have guns, when they clearly do not.

Old 05-13-2023, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Give it a frickin break. Today's un-regulated immigration is not in America's best interests and is destructive to the general welfare of the United States and her citizens.
________
It isn't un-regulated immigration and if you have a problem with how it is being regulated, talk to your Congressmen about it ...

Old 05-13-2023, 07:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We should not be increasing our population by an illegal invasion! Are you freaking serious?
Those folks are not carrying weapons and they are being processed ... if it took that one lady I heard talk about her experience with immigration, 10 years to get her green card --- that just says this process is a slow one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies