Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2023, 08:15 AM

10,586 posts, read 4,116,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Yep take a serious issue and make an Orange Man Bad joke (the one guy who took this issue seriously in the past 40 years).

Congratulations.

No wonder our country is circling the drain.
True, he tried to do something, but the big corporate puppets like Paul Ryan, John McCain, Mitt Romney and Mitch McConnell stood in his way so their overlords would always have a cheap labor force.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2023, 08:25 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,625,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Cheap shots are just that ---

Speaking of disease, when the White man showed up on the shores of this land, they brought with them small pox, which wiped out 5% of the population of the people who were native.

You're assertions are untrue and unfounded --- immigration laws are long; the process is regulated. If you don't like how they are handling the situation, talk to your Congressman about it.

Other countries could make your same assertions about the 10 Million Americans that have left, to live abroad. So much for standing with fellow Americans, who are looking for opportunities they could not get in their home country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
For a lot of reasons (primarily economic, but also humanitarian), I’m for broadening access to people wishing to immigrate to this country. It is in our long term self interest. You and I both know, however, that there are, some legitimate concerns about how immigration is being handled in the US. It’s not unreasonable to say the process could benefit from better “structure and control”, and to that extent, and that extent only, we share the same interests as the xenophobes that post here. But clearly, the xenophobes have ambitions well beyond ensuring an orderly immigration process. Their rhetoric is hateful, dehumanizing, racist, bigoted….look at the language they use to refer to immigrants. They don’t want people who look differently than they do, speak differently than they do, or have a different culture than they do allowed in this country. I suspect much of this comes from a place of fear…of losing the life they know. I can understand those concerns…change isn’t easy. But much of the resistance is just plain hate….hard to be sympathetic to that.
No one knows what the laws are concerning immigration. If they did, they could then express their legitimate concerns about how immigration is being handled in the u.s., rather than the dehumanizing rhetoric they resort to. Knowledge is power and they don't seem to have it.

Like I said there was a lady on the Sean Hanity show, immigrated here; had to wait 10 years for her green card. Doesn't that mean she was here illegally for those 10 years? And yet, she was praised for going the legal route. Shouldn't she have gone back to the country she came from and wait out those 10 years for her green card?

The other thing that is fascinating to me is, they don't see money walking in the door, but rather money walking out the door. With 10 million Americans that have left and live abroad. The other 6.8 million that have died from COVID, as well as, the replacement level of births being that of 1.68 when it takes 2.1 --- Even if a person has to come in, from another spot, beside the port of entry and sort out the legalities of that move afterwards, that's better than the alternative. Because the alternative delivers, (what the citizens seem to desire) sluggish to slow population growth, that eventually leaves to the u.s. shriveling up into nothing. A country isn't a country without people and if the people are not birthing them, they got to come from somewhere.

Old 05-14-2023, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I wonder how many open borders types would like an encampment of jobless, destitute, low IQ, single males in their own neighborhoods?
I want to do a tiny home project ... 2 year program that helps people get on their feet. And yes, there are a lot of people that have a problem with that.

Old 05-14-2023, 08:30 AM

45,299 posts, read 26,564,051 times
Quote:
I want to do a tiny home project ... 2 year program that helps people get on their feet. And yes, there are a lot of people that have a problem with that.
Which really doesn't address my point

Old 05-14-2023, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Do you not know the meaning of the word disabled? You too are hitting all of the preferred stereotypes as well….but I am asking about their disabilities.
Quote:
Low IQ ,unskilled, uneducated, destitute
Tesla arriving with 4 cents in his pockets --- yes, appearances matter.

Old 05-14-2023, 08:41 AM

Quote:
I wonder how many open borders types would like an encampment of jobless, destitute, low IQ, single males in their own neighborhoods?
Quote:
Quote:
Which really doesn't address my point
Yes, it does for those that see people and not some arbitrary status.

Some one posted once --- so move them into your home. And I thought, that would mean that I could have better housing, with everyone working and pitching in, in just a few years, I'd have a mansion. I know they would work and pitch in as a group, because that's their culture. They don't know the American individualism, but their children will learn it. Two generations out, and they're like, shut the door, don't let any more in.

Old 05-14-2023, 09:27 AM

24,010 posts, read 12,803,102 times
Quote:
That was my first thought, but then not everyone of the 6 million covid deaths were senior citizens.
Your claim that there were 6 million covid deaths of US citizens has been debunked, why do you keep spreading that lie?

Old 05-14-2023, 09:32 AM

Quote:
That was my first thought, but then not everyone of the 6 million covid deaths were senior citizens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Your claim that there were 6 million covid deaths of US citizens has been debunked, why do you keep spreading that lie?
https://www.statista.com/topics/6084/coronavirus-covid-19-in-the-us/ Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the U.S. - Statistics & Facts | Statista

In addition, the number of deaths from COVID-19 was over 6.86 million. The United States is the country with the highest number of confirmed cases and deaths.

Old 05-14-2023, 10:06 AM

3,478 posts, read 1,479,815 times
Quote:
That's what they do. The 6 million deaths are the world-wide deaths, not the deaths in the U.S.

United States cases
Updated May 14 at 4:05 AM local
Confirmed
Deaths

-
Global cases
Updated May 14 at 4:05 AM local
Confirmed
Deaths

-

Old 05-14-2023, 10:17 AM

24,010 posts, read 12,803,102 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis bell View Post
the u.s. Lost approx. 6.86 million americans to covid.
Quote:
"the u.s. Lost approx. 6.86 million americans to covid."

false, a gross exaggeration. Your figure is the number of deaths worldwide.

1.1 million americans died of covid. But we all know that number is skewed, if they died of other causes but had covid in their system then it was counted as a covid death.

https://www.usnews.com/news/the-repo...m-covid-19-now
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis bell View Post
https://www.statista.com/topics/6084/coronavirus-covid-19-in-the-us/ coronavirus (covid-19) in the u.s. - statistics & facts | statista

in addition, the number of deaths from covid-19 was over 6.86 million. the united states is the country with the highest number of confirmed cases and deaths.
And? My link and your own link proves your [constant] claim of - "the u.s. Lost approx. 6.86 million americans to covid." - is false. So why do you keep making that claim when you know it is false?

From your own link, this is what Statista used to show their proof, which was linked to in their article:

Number of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) deaths worldwide as of May 2, 2023, by country and territory

World 6,866,733
USA 1,161,164

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...de-by-country/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies