Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2023, 05:56 AM

43,274 posts, read 18,408,708 times

Advertisements

CBP breaking records...arresting up to 10,000 per day for the past week.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...0-arrests-day/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2023, 06:03 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,613,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Think of it like.."The Fall of Saigon"
the u.s. are the ones armed in this invasion.

Old 05-13-2023, 06:04 AM

3,451 posts, read 1,464,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I'm the poorest person on city-data. I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I'm not arguing in favor of illegal-immigration. I'm explaining why nothing is going to change.
Plenty changed when Trump was president. Perhaps it's time for those who have been voting for a Democrat Leadership, year after year, even though that leadership has destroyed so many of our Nation' s cities, hold their nose and take a chance on a Republican Leadership.

Old 05-13-2023, 06:05 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,451,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Rules? The don't need no stinkin rules. These parasites need to be starved out of the country. Deny any services, food, shelter, medicine, etc. and fine any business or charity that breaks the ban. They will self-deport or commit crimes that will attract more lethal forms of enforcement until they leave.
One can have valid criticisms of our immigration policy without resorting to dehumanizing the people involved.

Old 05-13-2023, 06:15 AM

63,042 posts, read 29,243,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
CBP breaking records...arresting up to 10,000 per day for the past week.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...0-arrests-day/
Arrests? Where are they putting that number of people? What happens after they are arrested? Are they shoving them back over the border? The article doesn't say.

Old 05-13-2023, 06:25 AM

43,274 posts, read 18,408,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Arrests? Where are they putting that number of people? What happens after they are arrested? Are they shoving them back over the border? The article doesn't say.
probably releasing them into the US and told to show up for court "some day"

Old 05-13-2023, 06:31 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,451,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Compare what they cost this country (education, health care, welfare, food stamps, crime, prison, etc.) compared to what they contribute. I'm bad at math, and even I can figure that out!
There is plenty of evidence that immigration of all forms is economically beneficial to the US. Google “cost benefit immigration”. One thing I have not seen, however, is how those benefits and costs are distributed geographically. I wouldn’t be surprised if border cities/states bear a greater share of costs than non-border states. That strikes me as a fair and legitimate concern raised by those who are passionate about this issue.

Old 05-13-2023, 06:32 AM

24,035 posts, read 15,140,782 times
Try to find out how many births to undocumented moms in county taxpayer funded facilities. It's impossible. The hospitals say anyone born is a citizen.

Harris county has been providing services to undocumented who show up to deliver. Many have never had any prenatal care. This has been going on for 60 years. Last number I saw was 20 years old and was around +/- 4000 babies to undocumented. The Dallas county hospital has more.

This tells me for all the talk about illegals, Gov. Abbott and Lt. Gov. Patrick don't have a clue how much Texas tax money is used in providing services for illegals.

What's the impediment for following the money?

Old 05-13-2023, 06:46 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,613,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Try to find out how many births to undocumented moms in county taxpayer funded facilities. It's impossible. The hospitals say anyone born is a citizen.

Harris county has been providing services to undocumented who show up to deliver. Many have never had any prenatal care. This has been going on for 60 years. Last number I saw was 20 years old and was around +/- 4000 babies to undocumented. The Dallas county hospital has more.

This tells me for all the talk about illegals, Gov. Abbott and Lt. Gov. Patrick don't have a clue how much Texas tax money is used in providing services for illegals.

What's the impediment for following the money?
Each child born a u.s. citizen will grow up to possibly become a tax payer. (it's a risk yes, but so is every investment ever) Follow that money ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
According to the State Department there are approx. 10 Million Americans living abroad. The u.s. lost approx. 6.86 Million Americans to COVID. (i don't know how many die each year) The total fertility rate of the u.s. citizen is 1.68 and it takes 2.1 to replace a society ---

Is there away to sustain the population in the u.s. without foreign births, who become citizens or immigration, that it will take them over 10 years to become a citizen, that I don't know about?

ps: with 10 Million Americans living in other countries, one could say that Americans have invaded other countries abroad ...

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 05-13-2023 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: ps

Old 05-13-2023, 07:02 AM

24,035 posts, read 15,140,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Each child born a u.s. citizen will grow up to possibly become a tax payer. (it's a risk yes, but so is every investment ever) Follow that money ...

According to the State Department there are approx. 10 Million Americans living abroad. The u.s. lost approx. 6.86 Million Americans to COVID. (i don't know how many die each year) The total fertility rate of the u.s. citizen is 1.68 and it takes 2.1 to replace a society ---

Is there away to sustain the population in the u.s. without foreign births, who become citizens or immigration, that it will take them over 10 years to become a citizen, that I don't know about?

ps: with 10 Million Americans living in other countries, one could say that Americans have invaded other countries abroad ...
And that's why, IMO, all this border scare talk is bogus. It's all for vote getting. Nobody in Texas cared about documentation until Trump came along. He took a few zealots and turned it into a movement. It worked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies