Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2023, 08:34 PM

42,823 posts, read 26,552,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Then support The FL law requiring legal migrant workers.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
From what I read it only covers employers with more than 25 workers, how is that helpful?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2023, 08:43 PM

63,446 posts, read 29,468,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
From what I read it only covers employers with more than 25 workers, how is that helpful?
Huh? So every company has under 25 workers?

Old 06-05-2023, 08:44 PM

42,823 posts, read 26,552,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We're already suffering to the tune of over $100 billion a year for these illegal's social costs. If every state took De Santis stance we'd be rid of them once and for all and the farmers would be forced to use the unlimited visas.
That's junk data that CIS spews every year. Here's an explanation. https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...-costs-113-bi/

Old 06-05-2023, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Unlimited visas only apply to relatives of US citizens.
Really? Got a link to your claim?

Old 06-05-2023, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That's junk data that CIS spews every year. Here's an explanation. https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...-costs-113-bi/
No, it's not junk data. You're pro-illegal so anything that sheds a bad light on them is junk to you.

Old 06-05-2023, 09:10 PM

32,291 posts, read 15,235,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
They aren't legal. They are H2-A migrant visa holders.

Don't you support farmers using legal migrant workers over illegals?
But you said they were legal migrants. You didn't mention H2-A visas which can last up to one year. I don't think farmers care who they hire because no one wants to work on farms anymore. So your question should go to them.

Old 06-05-2023, 09:26 PM

35,851 posts, read 21,250,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Maybe they will now, when produce starts to rot in the fields.
It’s happened before in 07 and the farmer paid for heavy lobbying. But the idiot had to pull another fast one. Again he took people from Texas and dropped them off in California. We will soon find out if they were legal asylum seekers. He’s crazy.

Old 06-05-2023, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Huh? So every company has under 25 workers?
Seasonal workers. Sometimes a dozen will do, sometimes more. All depends on the size of the farm and the crop.

Old 06-05-2023, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You missed the news that Pritzker signed a law making it a civil rights violation to not hire illegal immigrants as police?

Perhaps your GC friend should up his pay scale and get better candidates.

We're discussing Florida, not Virginia. The only reason construction shuts down in Florida is hurricanes - which create more construction jobs.
Well right now,,, big projects can’t get the help…what can I say. It is what it is .

Old 06-05-2023, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Geesh, I hope they aren't coming here! They really bring down the standard of living, plus destroy the school systems with the much higher cost of educating the children. They also drain the charities!

An employer breaks the law when they hire illegal aliens, did you not know that? So, you don't like DeSantis enforcing the law.

I would spend less time on Twitter, and more learning about the laws of our country.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324a (Unlawful employment of aliens)

I don't get why liberals don't think laws should be enforced.

Now, they can bring them legally with H-2A temp agricultural visas, but they don't like doing that, as they must pay them the prevailing wages, and it falls under OSHA when it comes to working conditions. Of course, the person works, and then returns to their home country, instead of becoming a burden to taxpayers.

https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the...ltural-workers

Do something legally? Liberals oppose laws, so just "NO"!

So, these illegals are the new slaves in the south, right? The farmers can get away with a lot more by hiring these illegal workers/slaves. They don't have to worry about OSHA or the Department of Labor - thus as I keep saying with the illegal invasion, 3rd world here we come!

Plus, less and less is being grown in the US now and coming through the southern border, when the foot traffic isn't too heavy to allow the trucks to pass. I bought a piece of fruit, I think it was citrus fruit, a few months ago, and it was imported from Israel. I just remember thinking that we grew the fruit, thus why were importing it.

Give it up! We have a lot of people that do that work, sure in the big cities, people are not aware of this. Also, the farmers do this because they get away with paying less money, ignoring labor and OSHA laws, etc., so if they were hiring people at a decent wage, they could get workers, but instead they get over paying lesser wages, emergency medical is paid by the taxpayers to include child birth and then the child is on public assistance and can get the whole family into public housing too! So, we cover all of those costs, and I am sick of it!

Actually, that is an awesome idea! Also, I bet they would see less anxiety and trouble by the prisoners when they were tuckered out from field work! I know they always get more volunteers when it comes to picking up trash, etc., as the prisoners enjoy getting outside when they can.

Yeah, because the employer has to follow all the fair labor practices. It is also nice to have the taxpayer pick up a lot of the cost of their "employees". We are talking about the employers breaking the law by hiring illegal aliens.

So much of what comes in isn't coming from FL. I can't remember the last time I saw a fruit or vegetable from FL.

I DO NOT want to subsidize these law breaking employers who exploit these workers for more profit in their pockets.

How much would cost to pay a fair wage?

https://www.epi.org/blog/how-much-wo...per-household/

"A 40% increase in pay would cost just $25 per household"

"For a typical household or consumer unit, a 40% increase in farm labor costs translates into a 4% increase in the retail price of fresh fruits and vegetables (0.30 farm share of retail prices x 0.33 farm labor share of farm revenue = 10%; if farm labor costs rise 40%, retail spending rises 4%). If average farmworker earnings rose by 40%, and the increase were passed on entirely to consumers, average spending on fresh fruits and vegetables for a typical household would rise by $25 per year (4% of $615 = $24.60)."

So, we raise the wages hiring legal workers, and that way we don't have to subsidize the workers to put more profit in the pockets of the employers. $25 dollars a year to offer better wages? Sounds fine to me. We have a lot of people out of work, and if we cut the public assistance, I think we get those fruits and veggies picked! I know, the horror of "work"! Can't Uncle Sam just take care of us?

I don't understand what Democrats have against enforcing laws. Modern slavery seems attractive to them, so I guess that is why they are focused on allowing illegal aliens to come in.

BOTTOM LINE: When one employer cheats to get more profits, the employer not cheating loses out, so allowing one employer to break the laws, only encourages others to do it.
We can talk all day, but until the Congress acts, nothings happening. But I’ll give you todays example.
We have a large illegal pop working in Fl. Ronnie’s spent our tax dollars again shipping asylum seekers from Texas to California.
Tell me how he’s working on our illegal issues ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies